Silsbee 62 Bridge City 42/Final

WOSgrad

Silsbee you did it!  I didn't see it, but I believe you about Silsbee's speed.  Jasper may get rolled next week.  Their main chance lies with a player called Tiger!  How about that Tigers?

Congrats to both teams for an exciting game.

I don't want to sound like I am belittling Huffmans win over the Tigers because they came in and executed very well and beat us but I really feel that for a good part of that first half we had homecoming on the brain.  Dropped a couple passes we don't normally drop and just lackluster play. I didn't get to see tonight because of a sick toddler and the threatening weather but it sounded more like I expect from this team.

And in honesty BC had the system to beat the Tigers pound that running game and eat the clock,  wear out our defense and keep the offense off the field.  The Tigers just stepped up in that first half and didn't let that happen. Then BC had a couple quick scores which allowed us to keep the TOP even which was huge. Great win Tiger now focus on Jasper!

A few takeaways from the game. Silsbee beat BC, no question about that. Silsbee did a better job of stopping our offense than I expected. The officiating was not good at all. There were bad calls going both ways. They didn't cost us the game by any means, but just too many mistakes. Premature whistles, bad spots, etc.  They didn't seem biased, just not very good. I expected Silsbee's unsportsmanlike penalties to affect the outcome. They happened, but Silsbee still got their stops.

Silsbee's rushing game was way better than I expected. Or at least we helped them look better by missing way too many tackles. It hasn't been mentioned, but we were down a few key players tonight, and I think the shuffling of personnel hurt our execution.  Both teams had momentum changing bad plays, but I think we just had a few more than the Tigers. In the end, I think both teams need to find out how to play defense or our district won't be very well represented after week 1 of the playoffs. 

I have a hard time saying who will win next week. I think Jasper beat a better BC team than the BC team that Silsbee did up tonight. Either way, good game Tigers. 

Silsbillies. Just had to throw that in.  

A few takeaways from the game. Silsbee beat BC, no question about that. Silsbee did a better job of stopping our offense than I expected. The officiating was not good at all. There were bad calls going both ways. They didn't cost us the game by any means, but just too many mistakes. Premature whistles, bad spots, etc.  They didn't seem biased, just not very good. I expected Silsbee's unsportsmanlike penalties to affect the outcome. They happened, but Silsbee still got their stops.

Silsbee's rushing game was way better than I expected. Or at least we helped them look better by missing way too many tackles. It hasn't been mentioned, but we were down a few key players tonight, and I think the shuffling of personnel hurt our execution.  Both teams had momentum changing bad plays, but I think we just had a few more than the Tigers. In the end, I think both teams need to find out how to play defense or our district won't be very well represented after week 1 of the playoffs. 

I have a hard time saying who will win next week. I think Jasper beat a better BC team than the BC team that Silsbee did up tonight. Either way, good game Tigers. 

Silsbillies. Just had to throw that in.  

silsbee was without their starting middle linebacker and leading tackler. He also the deep snapper.

Just a few quick stats;

1      2   3    4     T

Tigers   22   13   0   27   62

Cards    7      7   7   21   42

Silsbee                                         Bridge City

Passing

D. Thomas     17-27-214-2-1      C. Dubois    3-11-54-1-2

Rushing

A. Thomas     20-164  4TD          C. Draper   16-112 2TD

D. Thomas     19-163  2TD          C. Dubois   15-51 TD

D. Armstrong    1-8                      H. Denton    4-105 TD

B. Trahan    3-90  TD

C. Poole      3-13

D. Dearing   2-2

J. Trahan     1-1

Receiving

K. Mackey    7-78                         C. Poole     1-27  TD

K. Barnes     3-45  2TD                K. Booth      1-23

A. Thomas    3-28                        B. Trahan     1-4

T. Lowe        3-15

K. Coffee      1-48

Sil                        BC

First Downs                  26                        16

Rush/Pass/Pen         15/11/0                  14/2/0

Rush Att.                       41                        44

Rush Yards                 345                       374

Pass Yards                  214                        54

Com/Att/INT               17/27/1                 3/11/2

Total Plays                     68                        55

Total Yards                   559                      428

Turn Over                        1                         4

Fumble                            0                         2

INT                                  1                         2

Penalties                       8/80                    5/35

Punts                           3/29.7                  2/36.0

Inside 20                         0                         1

Third Down                   8/11                     4/11

Fourth Down                 1/1                        1/2

TOP                              23:05                   24:55

Silsbee had 3 unsportsmanlike conduct calls that killed drives. This is unlike them. All three of those drives could have been touchdowns. Like AAW stated above, Silsbee could have scored 80! Great game by both teams. Very glad to see the running game get going. Adonis Thomas and Dontre Thomas going over 160 yards. Also, great job by the defense making BC have some long 3rd down situations. 

Silsbee with 560 total yards tonight. 214 thru the air and 346 on the ground. 9 TD's

Yep, BC beat themselves.

I have been impressed with BC all year, especially their offense.  Defensively, obviously they've struggled.  But it has been a remarkable turnaround, especially in the first year of Dubois' tenure.  

Having said that, they are extremely vulnerable in the back of that defense.  If Silsbee hadn't been so successful on the ground, that 214 in the air could have been a lot higher.  I thought going into the game they could throw for about as much as they wanted.  There is no answer in the Cards back 4 for Mackey or Barnes.  Bigger, stronger, faster is a deadly combination.