Sub Varsity Scores and updates 10/22/2015

BMTSoulja1

That freshman team needs some work. 

There are alot of unhappy parents right now. This team isn't even compettive any more. Lost alot of kids to grades, had to combine teams, then alot of B teamers that were no longer getting playing time walked. Lost a kid who is talented enough to possibly start at QB as a sophmore cause he's tired of losing, but to be fair he's a baseball player first, I don't know if his heart was ever truly in it. But they're going to lose more kids if things don't change, I'm already hearing it from kids and parents. This year is about development and frankly I don't see it. There is plenty of talent in this class but it's not being utilized properly. They're not 38 - 0 bad. I'm not talking win's and losses here either, I'm just talking about competing. And before someone says I just sound like a disgruntled parent who's son doesn't get enough playing time, not the case. My boy starts both ways and probably needs to get more rest. I'm happy with is play. I'm just concerned about the future of this program.

There are alot of unhappy parents right now. This team isn't even compettive any more. Lost alot of kids to grades, had to combine teams, then alot of B teamers that were no longer getting playing time walked. Lost a kid who is talented enough to possibly start at QB as a sophmore cause he's tired of losing, but to be fair he's a baseball player first, I don't know if his heart was ever truly in it. But they're going to lose more kids if things don't change, I'm already hearing it from kids and parents. This year is about development and frankly I don't see it. There is plenty of talent in this class but it's not being utilized properly. They're not 38 - 0 bad. I'm not talking win's and losses here either, I'm just talking about competing. And before someone says I just sound like a disgruntled parent who's son doesn't get enough playing time, not the case. My boy starts both ways and probably needs to get more rest. I'm happy with is play. I'm just concerned about the future of this program.

I hear you.  I saw some nice looking talent on the field for GCM. Our freshman group is pretty good but should not beat yall by 38. I don't know what the problem is but I hope yall get it figured out. The kids deserve better.  

I hear you.  I saw some nice looking talent on the field for GCM. Our freshman group is pretty good but should not beat yall by 38. I don't know what the problem is but I hope yall get it figured out. The kids deserve better.  

Agreed and thank you. The kids put in alot of work, it needs to pay off. My boy said that ya'll had alot of big boys on the field.

I'm not quite sure what people expect to happen at GCM. No one puts in all those hours and wants to lose (players or coaches).  I may not agree with every decision a coach makes, but I know for a fact that not one coach at any level prepares to fail. It's a hero or goat job. Someone is always unhappy with you no matter which one you currently are.

I'm not at practice so I can't comment on how these guys are being prepared. I'm willing to bet, based on the games I have seen, that they are not being coached to do some of the things they do.

Now, with the 9th grade at RSS doing so well, I'm sure kids will start to talk about transferring. Been that way in Baytown for years. Everything goes in cycles. 

Taking care of business in the classroom is on the player. They are given every opportunity in the world to take care of their business. Coaches and teachers do all they can. At some point you have to assume responsibility for yourself.

Bottom line, winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing. Sounds like we need to break one of these habits.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread. It was not the intention.)

I agree with most of what you said and was going to reply but  just read WOSgrad's latest topic and agree, I shoudn't of aired my frustrations here. It's not the place for it. Not trying to dog the coaches but am not happy with some things. I will address them with the coaches though.

Edited by John Blutarsky

who is the football coach of the JV & freshmen?

I agree with most of what you said and was going to reply but  just read WOSgrad's latest topic and agree, I shoudn't of aired my frustrations here. It's not the place for it. Not trying to dog the coaches but am not happy with some things. I will address them with the coaches though.

That is always the best course of action.

This will seem insignificant to most of you, but a score like Evadale 22-0 over Vidor 9th B is just not right.  To Evadale JV, who has to search for games, it was an important game.  Vidor's 9th was more like practice. Never threw a pass, and never punted, even on their own 24 yard line.  Essentially they played with one hand tied behind their back  

Olay, that's better and I feel better.