Sub Varsity Scores and updates 10/22/2015

BMTSoulja1

It rarely works. What usually happens is, some insecure coach gets his panties in a wad and starts asking who are you to be questioning me? He will then throw a Dry Erase Marker at you and tell you to draw up our base defense and what play they were running that we couldn't stop. Or, he will say, draw up our offense and the other teams defense and show me where we weren't blocking. Ego gets in the way and coaches think parents don't have a right to voice their opinion and then they usually take out their frustration and ineptness on your kid.

It rarely works. What usually happens is, some insecure coach gets his panties in a wad and starts asking who are you to be questioning me? He will then throw a Dry Erase Marker at you and tell you to draw up our base defense and what play they were running that we couldn't stop. Or, he will say, draw up our offense and the other teams defense and show me where we weren't blocking. Ego gets in the way and coaches think parents don't have a right to voice their opinion and then they usually take out their frustration and ineptness on your kid.

Usually parents have no right in questioning the coach because they have no clue of the hours of preparation that go into it. During football season my coaches worked 7 days a week.. And everyone knows they don't get paid for all that overtime.... But to question a coach about why players aren't blocking or why a certain defense isn't working?? So is the coach supposed to draw up the play and go out on the field and run it too? No coach is perfect, but I'm pretty sure the reason you become a coach in the first place is because you love the game and you want to be the best coach, which means you have to have the best team possible. Which means they are going to do everything it takes to reach that goal and to win games. The whole issue is blaming coaches for things that they can't control which is unfair to them.

And I would act the same way that you are saying that they act if I was them and got on here and read some of the things that people say about their own hometown coaches. Just my opinion.

The only people in this world who don't liked to be questioned are those that are so insecure in their abilities that they can't justify their decisions. I know exactly how many hours coaches put in, trust me. And I have been around a bunch of coaches, and what I said is exactly the truth. When you can justify all of your decisions with sound logic and with the best interest of the kids at heart, then the answers to any question a parent has should be easy.

Usually parents have no right in questioning the coach because they have no clue of the hours of preparation that go into it. During football season my coaches worked 7 days a week.. And everyone knows they don't get paid for all that overtime.... But to question a coach about why players aren't blocking or why a certain defense isn't working?? So is the coach supposed to draw up the play and go out on the field and run it too? No coach is perfect, but I'm pretty sure the reason you become a coach in the first place is because you love the game and you want to be the best coach, which means you have to have the best team possible. Which means they are going to do everything it takes to reach that goal and to win games. The whole issue is blaming coaches for things that they can't control which is unfair to them.

And I would act the same way that you are saying that they act if I was them and got on here and read some of the things that people say about their own hometown coaches. Just my opinion.

I think you mean number 5, the running back. He is my kinda runner. Love the way he delivers a blow at the end of his runs. Pretty impressive for a Freshman. 

Yes, him...  I seen him truck a Silsbee player after than 1st 2 or conversion.  And that's a freshman?  Matter of fact, that was the same kid from last year's 8th grade team.  Last year, he and #22 from Silsbee 8th were putting on a show.  Btw, what's that kid's name  (#5 Cleveland jv) ?

Yes, him...  I seen him truck a Silsbee player after than 1st 2 or conversion.  And that's a freshman?  Matter of fact, that was the same kid from last year's 8th grade team.  Last year, he and #22 from Silsbee 8th were putting on a show.  Btw, what's that kid's name  (#5 Cleveland jv)

Montrail Searles 

Freshman

PNG White - 14

Anahauc JV - 28

The Refs at this game were horrible for both teams. They blew so many calls and screwed up the spot of the ball on numerous occasions. One told the PNG coaches that there is no rule in the rule book that there must be 7 men on the line of scrimmage. 

The only people in this world who don't liked to be questioned are those that are so insecure in their abilities that they can't justify their decisions. I know exactly how many hours coaches put in, trust me. And I have been around a bunch of coaches, and what I said is exactly the truth. When you can justify all of your decisions with sound logic and with the best interest of the kids at heart, then the answers to any question a parent has should be easy.

Honestly we don't have a clue of how much prep a coach or his staff put forth towards a game. A graduated certificate doesn't make you understand the game better, just means you had a better learner curve than most. There are many athletes who can play the games pro style or coach it, that won't ever get a chance to show it. My point everyone thinks a person don't know the game, because you don't have the job or education you don't know the game. I know a old man who can't read or barely write, but can remove a car engine from one vehicle to another in a day. You would think a license mechanic did it, tell him he don't what a mechanic do.

Have you never voiced your opinions about coaching or decisions that were made during any of your boys games? Or did you fill out that form every time?

I voiced my opinion to my son and it usually was to support a coaches decision. When we had questions, we scheduled a conference with Coach Boyd. Sat down face to face.

Thê form is to be used when you don't think that your concerns were addressed to your satisfaction. 

I voiced my opinion to my son and it usually was to support a coaches decision. When we had questions, we scheduled a conference with Coach Boyd. Sat down face to face.

Thê form is to be used when you don't think that your concerns were addressed to your satisfaction. 

Right now my concern is with this freshman class. Is it the coaching or do we have too many knucleheads that are having a problem comprehending schemes and techniques. I don't know, maybe it's a combination of both. All I know is there are still alot of mistakes, kids lining up in the wrong place, missing assignments etc. This should have been cleaned up by now. I don't see the opponents having as many problems as we are but then again maybe I'm focusing too much on our players. But the biggest concern is the that I have seen at least three good solid players that could help this team quit, and I've heard comments from other parents that their kids are ready to just focus on other sports. It's not just transfers that you have to worry about, some of the multi sport athletes can lose interest if they think there just going to get their butt kicked every week and with the possibility of moving to 6A next year, that's a legitimate concern. I'll get with the coaches and voice my concerns hopefully they'll realize that I'm not trying to dog them. I just want to know why we have suddenly gone from being a solid competitive team to looking like we can't beat a junior high team. And I want them to realize that some of their better athletes are getting very discouraged.