Racist or Nah, Atascocita and Summer Creek

CougarCal

The watermelon is offensive to blacks and coconut is offensive to Hispanics.  Now I don't know what SC band consist of.

It's one of those things that are subjective.  Depending on who you say it to, the watermelon thing can be racist.  If it were in the box with collard greens, blackeyed peas,  chicken, and watermelon, no doubt it would have been racists.

And yes, love fried chicken and hate watermelon.

I keep Popeyes on Twin city in business. I'm white as a ghost, cant tan for nothing...burn and go right back to white...except when I spray tan..then I'm orange..but thats another story!

I love Popeyes as well and watermelons to. Grew some last year. I gues we can find fault in anything if we look hard enough. And to be clear I am not about to say if it was intentional or not but if it was then SHAME on them!!!!!

Since when is coconuts offensive to Mexicans or Hispanics? I am Mexican and never heard of that.

I have a Hispanic  co worker who got  offended  because people  was calling him coconut cause he couldn't speak a lick of spanish.  He said where he's from they take offense to that. ...white on the inside and brown on the outside.

Was the coconut and the pineapple offensive?   I'm not sure anymore.  The only two things I'd take out of that basket is the watermelon and the gum.  BmtSoulja1 stated on another thread he didn't like watermelon.  I do.  I also like all the things that are (I assume) offensive to some blacks.  Fried chicken, Bar-B-Q, turnip greens with enough pork fat to make it good.  Durn, I'm getting hungry.  For those of you who may not know, I'm white (or as Dad use to say, heinze 57).  Anyway, IMO, blown way out of proportion.  

That's the best post I've seen you make on here. I don't like watermelon either, and I don't really like or eat fried chicken for health reasons. The coconut is in reference to monkeys. 

The initial gift I'm sure were kids playing around and it probably shouldn't have been seen as anything more than than a joke, I know my son would have thought so. 

Unfortunately that's not what happened though. What ever group of students the gift was given to, probably as a gag, felt offended. One of the downsides to "progress" is that trivial issues like this are magnified. You can't really argue if it is or isn't though, somebody was offended and somebody was suspended. 

The watermelon is offensive to blacks and coconut is offensive to Hispanics.  Now I don't know what SC band consist of.

Are you serious?   Coconut offends Hispanics?  I would ask why, but don't want you to get in trouble.  

Ok, I'm going to share this with y'all, Spinach offends me.  You can't put enough pig fat in spinach to make it good.  

I was eating watermelon before I even knew what a black person was......seriously. My grandpa grew them.....black diamonds. Was raised on pinto beans, rice, and cornbread. How can anyone claim a food source as theirs? So stupid.

Whoever spearheaded this into being newsworthy needs to drop off the face of the earth, or join that Michigan crybaby fan......boo hoo!