Racist or Nah, Atascocita and Summer Creek

CougarCal

My husband and I were talking about this last night. My 13 yr old over heard and started asking 50 questions (shes very inquisitive). When I told her some of the contents of the basket, she couldn't understand how any kind of fruit would be associated with racism. If you think about it, it's just absurd. How do you navigate a child thru today's world. Really the only thing you can do is duck tape their mouths and never let them speak in public, because everything is offensive.

The kids that had knowledge of what was going in the basket knew better. The letter sent out, for those that bothered to read it, pretty well confirms that. Anyone in the good sportsmanship league at this point in the season, knows what sort of things should go in the basket. I don't believe the kids that filled the basket are racist, but they did choose to make a racially charged gesture, which was most likely blown out of proportion by the adults.

Raise your hand if you have ever consumed, or have the necessary tools to consume a whole watermelon, coconut and a can of pineapples while you're at a football game. That part is actually funny to me, but the same effect could have been achieved with different contents.

Edited by dayton