Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

I think most of the NDN fans support the team more than ever. Heck, probably more because of the coaching. We are just tired of the same ole dog and pony show. See what I did there....And, contrary to popular believe, it is not just this game, although it ranks up there in the top. I have been lucky to be close to a lot of the players for the past 7 years because my kids have been going there and playing sports. The issues with BF run a lot deeper, not going to go there now. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has really been learning the ropes with us as a head coach. He's set up a good system, I'll give him that. Well except a defensive philosophy. But there comes a point in time that you have to reflect and try to understand what is going on. Last night that reflection confirmed many peoples concerns, if they haven't been confirmed already. To air all that out here is probably not the best place or time. After the season maybe we can talk more. Right now, for the kids sake, we should focus on supporting them and pushing to finish the district without a loss. Then focus on Crosby, because that is where we probably will be heading. I for one do not want another 1 and done scenario

Good post FRODO.. Im with you on the whole scope of work.. And yes what I have put in bold in your post is correct.. Its kinda funny how one side sees it versus the other.. As you can see I have not repsonded to a few posts for the fact its not worth airing it out on here. I also dont want to embarass anyone as well.. 

Edited by Stattrax

There calling that int the play of the game? I respectfully disagree! It's the play of the week for sure but the play of the game was the 3rd and 8 conversion from Mitch to Fisher to set up the winning field goal.  If they don't convert there, then Nederland most likely punts and who knows what the outcome would of been. 

Brandon tried some questionable things last night but if they would have worked we would be cheering his efforts for trying to outcoach the Best coach in SETX . Did those things cost us the game  Maybe 

I wish he would just go back to playing the game like they did in 2009  I think our coaching is great and the kids do love them so Scalp em Indians heading to the Playoffs Fins UP 

Ithe was the right call, one of the few on the night.  But I will say that the Nederland fans made me proud last night.  It was a raucous crowd, even when momentum swung, reminded me of the old days when we were playing g our first few playoff games and NED fans went ballistic.  This town supports their kids big time.

Brandon tried some questionable things last night but if they would have worked we would be cheering his efforts for trying to outcoach the Best coach in SETX . Did those things cost us the game  Maybe 

I wish he would just go back to playing the game like they did in 2009  I think our coaching is great and the kids do love them so Scalp em Indians heading to the Playoffs Fins UP 

Our coaching lacks the experience he brought the first year. The worst thing he did was run Kroeker off!!!! The Def. Cord we have now..... Well I'll keep my comments to myself. 

Our coaching lacks the experience he brought the first year. The worst thing he did was run Kroeker off!!!! The Def. Cord we have now..... Well I'll keep my comments to myself. 

I agree but the defense really hasnt been our biggest problem and the def coaches get them boys fired up with that land shark stuff. We got 3 games just need to go 3 and 0 and take on Dayton or Crosby 

Got to be the hardest working football team in the country.  I am done with MCM Now we must move on. Bring on Ozen we got some hungry players. One last question I think we should save Mid County Madness for the end of the year What do yall think ?

I could be wrong but what I hear is this is just another game to BF.  Tries not to make a big deal out of MCM.  The natives see it differently.  Need to get right for the rest of season and make a run.  Problem is, you're gonna get Dayton or Crosby in the first round.

Cal supper on you for that one???

The main thing I saw last night was two great teams going at each other for FOUR quarters. Not 1, not 2 and not 3. They played the full 48 minutes. 

I've thought about this and that from the game and I have blamed this and that in my head but what it comes down to is there were two seconds left on the clock and Nederland kicked a field goal to win an amazing game. 

Once again both schools should be very proud of the teams that stepped on the field to represent their communities. Sucks there has to be a loser but the streak had nothing to do with last night's game. Last night's game is what mattered and in the end the Bulldogs made the plays when they had the ball last. It happens at every level.

Nobody lost!  We won Bum's trophy and y'all just got the participation ribbon...

Good post FRODO.. Im with you on the whole scope of work.. And yes what I have put in bold in your post is correct.. Its kinda funny how one side sees it versus the other.. As you can see I have not repsonded to a few posts for the fact its not worth airing it out on here. I also dont want to embarass anyone as well.. 

Trust me, I don't get embarrassed.  I live with a PNG football alumni. One year ahead of you I believe. He feels the same as you do. He just doesn't air it out on a public forum mid season. He does air it out in the stands. The things you post sound very familiar, almost word for word. You wouldn't happen to live close to Faircloth?  If so, I was never here.

I was up one, so now I don't get to eat on Buddy G.  Liltex gotta wear a red shirt though.  Wanted to go 2-0, but ended up 1-1 last night.  Made a phone call about midnight over your way and they were drinking and cussing!

Lol Cal.. You know how we are........

Cornell Thompson made a guest appearance on the Nederland sideline last night??  No wonder WOS struggled with OF in the 1h!

There calling that int the play of the game? I respectfully disagree! It's the play of the week for sure but the play of the game was the 3rd and 8 conversion from Mitch to Fisher to set up the winning field goal.  If they don't convert there, then Nederland most likely punts and who knows what the outcome would of been. 

This is the one you are looking for?

This is the hidden content, please