Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

Not bad, but I am wondering what happened to the D in the 4th quarter.  Were we playing a prevent defense?

The only thing i Can say about this game is one certain Indian played with a lot of HEART and I mean alot. I have not seen in a long time the fortitude he showed tonight!!!!! Kuddos young man you know who you are!!!!

Just for Stattrax :

ribbon.jpg

I'll take it at this point... We where once again outclassed by Nederland... Discipline comes down to coaching..... Play calling as well.. Nederland let us hang around a lot longer than we should have... Just another old fashioned Neaumann beat down. Final score doesn't really tell the tale.. PNG played hard throughout the game... But I will say this... The reason no one In our district can get out of the 1rst round is because we just don't have a ton of talent... But Neauman takes what he has and beats up on all the teams in our district year in year out..... Congrats on another DC.. No excuses on this end.. Nederland is just a better team, better coached... Loud fans as well... 3 man front dared us all night... Just not his style I guess.... Thanks for the ribbon.. I have a feeling that's the only thing I will be collecting as long as we stay on this path...... Still bleeding purple, but mad as hell........ And yeah Krautz didn't beat us, Nederland did as a team... I applaud that....

Edited by Stattrax

I'll take it at this point... We where once again outclassed by Nederland... Discipline comes down to coaching..... Play calling as well.. Nederland let us hang around a lot longer than we should have... Just another old fashioned Neaumann beat down. Final score doesn't really tell the tale.. PNG played hard throughout the game... But I will say this... The reason no one In our district can get out of the 1rst round is becasue we just don't have a ton of talent... But Neauman takes what he has and beats up on all the teams in our district year in year out..... Congrats on another DC.. No excuses on this end.. Nederland is just a better team, better coached... Loud fans as well... 3 man front dared us all night... Just not his style I guess.... Thanks for the ribbon.. I have a feeling that's the only thing I will be collecting as long as we stay on this path...... Still bleeding purple, but mad as hell........ And yeah Krautz didn't beat us, Nederland did as a team... I applaud that....

:)

I'm not sure what happened after we got up 24-6 , defense went to sleep or the DC had them playing soft or what but that made the game alot closer than I wanted it to be.  Congrats to the Indians for playing the full 4 qtrs and not giving up.

:)

I'm not sure what happened after we got up 24-6 , defense went to sleep or the DC had them playing soft or what but that made the game alot closer than I wanted it to be.  Congrats to the Indians for playing the full 4 qtrs and not giving up.

he softened up... 

You would think someone from Ned or PN would be smart enough o offer the WOS defense coach some money and get him to one of these schools. Seems like these teams offense are always good. It's the defense in question.  I'm just saying that WOS defense is ALWAYS good year in and year out. Just conversation. 

I'll take it at this point... We where once again outclassed by Nederland... Discipline comes down to coaching..... Play calling as well.. Nederland let us hang around a lot longer than we should have... Just another old fashioned Neaumann beat down. Final score doesn't really tell the tale.. PNG played hard throughout the game... But I will say this... The reason no one In our district can get out of the 1rst round is because we just don't have a ton of talent... But Neauman takes what he has and beats up on all the teams in our district year in year out..... Congrats on another DC.. No excuses on this end.. Nederland is just a better team, better coached... Loud fans as well... 3 man front dared us all night... Just not his style I guess.... Thanks for the ribbon.. I have a feeling that's the only thing I will be collecting as long as we stay on this path...... Still bleeding purple, but mad as hell........ And yeah Krautz didn't beat us, Nederland did as a team... I applaud that....

Yes Better team one tonight Period. Congrats on a good game

You would think someone from Ned or PN would be smart enough o offer the WOS defense coach some money and get him to one of these schools. Seems like these teams offense are always good. It's the defense in question.  I'm just saying that WOS defense is ALWAYS good year in and year out. Just conversation. 

Just a slight difference in talent at WO-S

Great overall game by the Bulldogs. I am a PNG fan, played for PNG when I was in HS, but im also a realist. Nederland owns the rivalry game and its not even close. Yeah it turned out to be a close game, but hell they all end up fairly close. The difference is Nederland finds a way to win and it starts with their coach and coaching staff. I am glad we didn't quit and kept playing hard till the last whistle but its hard to consider this much of a rivalry game when in the last what 24 years or something we have only won 6-7 times. To win football games also you cant have bone head Personal Fouls at the end of the game. Say what you want about Burnett but if we got a PF, we were held accountable for it. Seems like Faircloth has no control over this and has been a problem since his been here.

Now , off that horse, we need to get back on track and play hard the rest of the schedule. We have three teams left with playoffs on the line for all three of them.

Just a slight difference in talent at WO-S

LOL... I think BF took some lessons from X Box on play calling tonight.. Defense played well.. On the field most of the night.. Offense had 2 turnovers, all in all they hung in there and slowed the Nederland offense.. We just didn't play mistake free ball.. Nederland let us hang in there.. But at the end of the day you are what your record says you are.....

Sometimes high school football isn't hard to figure out. I picked PNG to win district because of what they brought back and what Ned lost.

After PNG lost to WOS by 14 and Ned lost to Crosby and Dayton by a combined 31, I said Ned would be the undefeated district champ. 

Congrats Ned, looks y'all will win your fourth undefeated district championship in 5 years. Y'all might as well go watch New Caney vs KP tomorrow at Turner to scout your bi-district opponent. 

The first half for us was dismal. The centering over the twice on a drive, c'mon man...second half finally started playing better. Our defense stepped and keptkept it better than it could have been. The other Ned running back tore us up. Play calling was classic Port Neches and Nederland. Nederland coaching was better again. Getting tired of it. Double reverse on the 7 when it hasn't worked yet. Going for 2 after first TD. Just a few bonehead moves.