Official Mid County Madness 2015 Thread

jake94

96 was the best throw down, knock you out, in your face, get you some, who wants it, affair I can remember... In the rain no doubt... Nederland led by Troy Sumrall, PNG by Brian Cappadona... Nothing I've seen since then has even come close....

96, that was a wet season, didn't Lincoln beat yall on a Saturday in the rain that yr? I believe Corey Prosperie was qb. 

96, that was a wet season, didn't Lincoln beat yall on a Saturday in the rain that yr? I believe Corey Prosperie was qb. 

In my best Denzel Washington impersonation..., My man... BG... You got a lil knowledge. Yep we lost 12-6 to Lincoln.. Prosperie was the QB along with Marsh due to injury... Troy Sumrall was a beast for Nederland... See saw affair in a gulley washer.. Biaplayer and myself set though it all with about 15k others.... In my best Jim Ross impersonation... A true slobber knocker.    

In my best Denzel Washington impersonation..., My man... BG... You got a lil knowledge. Yep we lost 12-6 to Lincoln.. Prosperie was the QB along with Marsh due to injury... Troy Sumrall was a beast for Nederland... See saw affair in a gulley washer.. Biaplayer and myself set though it all with about 15k others.... In my best Jim Ross impersonation... A true slobber knocker.    

that yr was strange man, we expected Lincoln to make the playoffs after that game but it went downhill after that game, starting RB got kicked off, backup got in some trouble, believe they lost to Wos the week after 21-3 and it snowballed. Did yall beat Wos that yr? 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

that yr was strange man, we expected Lincoln to make the playoffs after that game but it went downhill after that game, starting RB got kicked off, backup got in some trouble, believe they lost to Wos the week after 21-3 and it snowballed. Did yall beat Wos that yr? 

Yep.. Ironically, we beat them with a PNG transfer playing QB for them.. Kelly Robertson. I watched the end of the game with a good friend of mine who died shortly after... He was the field keeper for years, Jungle.... He told me after the game, he had waited years to see us finally do it.. I grew up helping him mark the fields and watering them in the summer.... If anyone remembers the year we had purple stripes on the outside of the white on the yard lines, well that was my mistake, lol, I was a kid...... Lincoln got us because of a nasty field... Best defense PNG has ever had in my lifetime..

Yep.. Ironically, we beat them with a PNG transfer playing QB for them.. Kelly Robertson. I watched the end of the game with a good friend of mine who died shortly after... He was the field keeper for years, Jungle.... He told me after the game, he had waited years to see us finally do it.. I grew up helping him mark the fields and watering them in the summer.... If anyone remembers the year we had purple stripes on the outside of the white on the yard lines, well that was my mistake, lol, I was a kid...... Lincoln got us because of a nasty field... Best defense PNG has ever had in my lifetime..

i remember Kelly, he played at Shepherd too. 

96 was the best throw down, knock you out, in your face, get you some, who wants it, affair I can remember... In the rain no doubt... Nederland led by Troy Sumrall, PNG by Brian Cappadona... Nothing I've seen since then has even come close....

I don't think we had any offense that game. PNG was sick that year. Had it not been a down poor that night the score may have been lopsided. Troy returned a punt and Brock Richardson had a pick 6 for our two scores.

if I have Lebron, I am just gonna throw the fade to him and tell him to go get it...doubt too many 6-8 guys with his hops will be playing in a HS game.

This thread is all nice nice because png can't talk any noise until they figure out how in the heck to beat Nederland...lot's of head scratchin' going on over there...its' called cautious optimism...png knows they have the horses to win this year and that they should win this year, but they also know that has been the case more than a few times over the past 5 years...the Dogs will bring the fight to them, that's for sure...looking for a good one...I will save my prediction for later in the week

if I have Lebron, I am just gonna throw the fade to him and tell him to go get it...doubt too many 6-8 guys with his hops will be playing in a HS game.

This thread is all nice nice because png can't talk any noise until they figure out how in the heck to beat Nederland...lot's of head scratchin' going on over there...its' called cautious optimism...png knows they have the horses to win this year and that they should win this year, but they also know that has been the case more than a few times over the past 5 years...the Dogs will bring the fight to them, that's for sure...looking for a good one...I will save my prediction for later in the week

im not gonna a lie....I think every year with out a doubt we are going to beat yall  Then Neuman proves again he can beat Faircloth . So this year I think I am just going to pray for a good injury free game and leave it up to the Football God

In all honesty, over the span of this current 5 year Nederland win streak, png honestly had as good of a team as Nederland 4 of the 5 years (2012 being the lone exception)...Nederland has simply found a way to win these games...I have a theory about that, but I will keep that to myself for the time being...coaching plays a role, but it's not like png has a poor coaching staff; those guys do a good job...Nederland has just had a little something that gets them over the top in this rivalry recently

Schemewise, PN-G is better equipped to stop Krautz (sp) and the Nederland running attack.  The Nederland QB is pretty poised, but isn't that accurate, imo to be a consistant passing threat unless he's throwing those dinks and  dunks inside.  Defenside, they're solid.  But I think PN-G's offense, lead by arguably the best qb in SETX and those tall receivers will be too much for the Nederland defense to consistsntly stop.  If the Indians can get that run game going early and often, they can get this one.  

Then there is coaching... The team with the better adjustment to the adjustment after halftime will be in the driver's seat.  You know who that will probably favor...  Should be a pretty good game.  One of these days, I'll attend a MC mad......  Urrr, I mean a Bum Phillips Bowl...

Edited by BMTSoulja1

In all honesty, over the span of this current 5 year Nederland win streak, png honestly had as good of a team as Nederland 4 of the 5 years (2012 being the lone exception)...Nederland has simply found a way to win these games...I have a theory about that, but I will keep that to myself for the time being...coaching plays a role, but it's not like png has a poor coaching staff; those guys do a good job...Nederland has just had a little something that gets them over the top in this rivalry recently

IMO Nederland has had the edge on the defensive side of the ball in the last 5 years.