Beaumont Central @ Nederland Predictions

I am by no means a Nederland fan, but I just do not see Central winning this game unless its the "Perfect Storm".... My opinions are from seeing both of these teams in action... All my views are from my actual eyes watching the games, no internet talk, or stat garbage... It seems pretty evident in my view that this is a no brainer.. I understand people rooting for their teams, but as a outsider, I just think Nederland wins.. Whaley gives Central a glimmer of hope, but if he does n0t put up astronomical numbers, then I see it as a Loss for Central... But I still think Central makes the playoffs...

I respect your opinion.  You gave an opinion at the game and backed it up with facts obtained by watching both teams in action...  I just hope that you're wrong...  Lol

I respect your opinion.  You gave an opinion at the game and backed it up with facts obtained by watching both teams in action...  I just hope that you're wrong...  Lol

Honestly I do as well... Would love to see Nederland lose, but I think its a view of 2 different levels of play.... But my opinions are not always right....

And by the way, I'll be there, and will sit on your side.  Save Me a seat amongst the dog pound...  Just imagine...  2 Cats (Jags) sitting with the sea of Mutts....  Lol

You have my cell phone number, give me a call and we can talk Bulldog Football. I usually catch something to eat at Taco Rey before the game. You might want to skip the meal, Central is going to make you throw up!! lol

Having seen both teams play,  Krautz is faster in pads but it probably hurts a lot more to tackle Whaley. If Central runs Whaley 40 times vs Nederland,  Central wins. If Central tries to develop their QB like they did vs Lumberton,  then Nederland wins.  And whoever said Central's defense is not tough,  is not being honest. Central's defense might be the toughest in district. I only say 'might' because I haven't seen png's defense. 

Having seen both teams play,  Krautz is faster in pads but it probably hurts a lot more to tackle Whaley. If Central runs Whaley 40 times vs Nederland,  Central wins. If Central tries to develop their QB like they did vs Lumberton,  then Nederland wins.  And whoever said Central's defense is not tough,  is not being honest. Central's defense might be the toughest in district. I only say 'might' because I haven't seen png's defense. 

Good assessment.. I think Central is top 2 for sure in the district in Defense.. Throw stats out, just from what I have seen.. I do think all these Central fans are going to be surprised once they see Krautz... Centrals QB issues are very legit... Whaley appears to be a good one cut power runner.. Which means assignment football can neutralize that.. Nederland has a QB that can do enough to keep you off balance as well, so they are not IMO a one show pony... Scrappy on defense... But if Central can neutralize Krautz, it will be very interesting, surely the best district test yet.. If Central wants to win, for one they will need A much better game plan than last week.... But if they can dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball, and pound the rock with Whaley, and control the time of possession.. It could be game on... Central struggled with the unbalanced line, but made adjustments..

Good assessment.. I think Central is top 2 for sure in the district in Defense.. Throw stats out, just from what I have seen.. I do think all these Central fans are going to be surprised once they see Krautz... Centrals QB issues are very legit... Whaley appears to be a good one cut power runner.. Which means assignment football can neutralize that.. Nederland has a QB that can do enough to keep you off balance as well, so they are not IMO a one show pony... Scrappy on defense... But if Central can neutralize Krautz, it will be very interesting, surely the best district test yet.. If Central wants to win, for one they will need A much better game plan than last week.... But if they can dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball, and pound the rock with Whaley, and control the time of possession.. It could be game on... Central struggled with the unbalanced line, but made adjustments.

I don't think Central will dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. This is a big group of boys in Nederland this year with determination, they will open holes for Krautz and protect LeBaron, they have all season and will continue to control the line and I will believe that until someone PROVES otherwise.

Smitty, did you finish researching that Pryor led Bulldog defense???  Glad to have you back on the Nederland threads, you've been missing for half a decade.

As long as nothing changed, no sense in stating the obvious every year.  But, as I said, what we are seeing now is the norm.  Goes all the way back to the 90's when a Silsbee running back gained 400 yards rushing.  There will be times when the talent will make a certain individual look good.  Remember -- even a broke clock is right twice a day!  But the coaching is what brings one over the hump to a State Championship.  Heck it took years for us to even win an out-right District Championship!  With the same type of kids, since the 70's how many State games has Port Neches participated in?  Contrary to kumbaya moments here, it is about coaching...   

As long as nothing changed, no sense in stating the obvious every year.  But, as I said, what we are seeing now is the norm.  Goes all the way back to the 90's when a Silsbee running back gained 400 yards rushing.  There will be times when the talent will make a certain individual look good.  Remember -- even a broke clock is right twice a day!  But the coaching is what brings one over the hump to a State Championship.  Heck it took years for us to even win an out-right District Championship!  With the same type of kids, since the 70's how many State games has Port Neches participated in?  Contrary to kumbaya moments here, it is about coaching...   

thats the truth (in bold) 

Im seeing it here now. 

The only person that beat Whaley in the 100 last year was his former team Locke, so what's your point? 

Wow, so defensive. Thought my point was obvious. It seemed the argument was that Central is faster and more athletic (same claim every year) so I said Krautz is a sprinter so that people who dont know him will know that Whaley aint the only fast guy on the field.

I don't care about on the track,, my opinion is from watching both,, krautz looked faster to me ,, whaley couldn't out run lumberton and krautz has out ran every team they played,,, guess lumberton is just that fast and crosby, dayton, ozen is just slow,, not knocking whaley in anyway or pumping up krautz,, just stating an opinion..