Beaumont Central @ Nederland Predictions

We have beaten Central before when they have had more talent than us. Nothing changes this year,,,,,,,,,

Nederland 24

Central 20

Krautz is the fastest back in pads BMTSoulja1! Come see for yourself!!

And by the way, I'll be there, and will sit on your side.  Save Me a seat amongst the dog pound...  Just imagine...  2 Cats (Jags) sitting with the sea of Mutts....  Lol

All of this banter back and forth about who is faster, who has the better defense, who is going to do what is fun to listen to, but ultimately who wins this game will come down to which team has the best football players (not athletes or track stars) and which teams coaches do the best job in preparation and play calling during the game. I give the overall advantage to Nederland on which team has the best football players. I also think Nederland will do a better job in preparation and play calling. Home field advantage does exists and Nederland is a tough place to win for anybody, add in the fact that this is Central's first game on grass and you end up with a formula that says Nederland wins.

Dogs 28

Cats 20

All of this banter back and forth about who is faster, who has the better defense, who is going to do what is fun to listen to, but ultimately who wins this game will come down to which team has the best football players (not athletes or track stars) and which teams coaches do the best job in preparation and play calling during the game. I give the overall advantage to Nederland on which team has the best football players. I also think Nederland will do a better job in preparation and play calling. Home field advantage does exists and Nederland is a tough place to win for anybody, add in the fact that this is Central's first game on grass and you end up with a formula that says Nederland wins.

Dogs 28

Cats 20

You know they say Cats are quicker and smarter than dogs....  

Yes, but Cats are also way to independent. Can't train a cat to do much of anything except pee in a box. Dogs are much more obedient and trainable. 

Obedient to a fault.  You need natural instincts to survive (see what I did there?). If the play says run right, and their defenders there waiting, that 'Obedient' dog will run right into a tackle, whereas that cunning cat will cut back in and find that seam.   

LOL.  This thread has gotten silly already.  Dogs need to play defense more like the second half vs the first half of the Ozen game.  Get some stops and try to contain Whaley as much as possible.  Offense needs to continue to spread the ball around because Central will key on Krautz.

LOL.  This thread has gotten silly already.  Dogs need to play defense more like the second half vs the first half of the Ozen game.  Get some stops and try to contain Whaley as much as possible.  Offense needs to continue to spread the ball around because Central will key on Krautz.

True, we have other playmakers besides Whaley and we need to get them the ball.  Yes, Derry is the man catching the ball, but it looks like 6'5" Bennett will have to be used as well as he scored 2 td's, including the go ahead td with seconds left Saturday.  

Edited by BMTSoulja1

First game on grass for the Jags all year.  Will someone turn the sprinklers on hours prior to the game?  Lol

Central has similar talent as the1994 Silsbee team that beat The dogs in a very close game, but when Silsbee played them again in the playoffs it was a blow out.....just saying the dogs had better coaching then but talent and speed came out on top in both games.... Central 28 Ned 21

Central has similar talent as the1994 Silsbee team that beat The dogs in a very close game, but when Silsbee played them again in the playoffs it was a blow out.....just saying the dogs had better coaching then but talent and speed came out on top in both games.... Central 28 Ned 21

Goodness, that's a bit of a stretch going back to Neumann's first year at Nederland, but thanks for the nostalgia.

Very good question that I'm DYING to hear the rebuttal to....  

The stats are fun for everyone to look at and speculate about . Some matter , some don't A  coaching tool  , an indicator of trends and a part of your recorded history . If you good enough or bad enough a part some record book somewhere. The final score however is your record and it cares not how your points or lack of points got "on the board" . So the answer for "The Dogs" is in the first two games the "stat" that did matter was a lack of enough of those points to top our opponent ; resulting in a pair of L s on our record . So the answer : you need some stats if you plan to matter !

True, we have other playmakers besides Whaley and we need to get them the ball.  Yes, Derry is the man catching the ball, but it looks like 6'5" Bennett will have to be used as well as he scored 2 td's, including the go ahead td with seconds left Saturday.  

Oh I am not saying purely focus on Whaley, but he is a big part of the offense.  Ned's D will have to step up and tackle better than they have the past few games and get after the QB more .

If the final score was 28-21 and Whaley scored 3 tds, that mean Bennett scored 1.  The other one was called back for illegal man down field. 

I picked against Central two weeks in a row and they won, so I'll do it again Nederland by 3.....let's go Jags!!!

If the final score was 28-21 and Whaley scored 3 tds, that mean Bennett scored 1.  The other one was called back for illegal man down field. 

I picked against Central two weeks in a row and they won, so I'll do it again Nederland by 3.....let's go Jags!!!

And your right.  I forgot they called that TD off...

Goodness, that's a bit of a stretch going back to Neumann's first year at Nederland, but thanks for the nostalgia.

Just bringing back some old memories and some good football that's all....had no idea it was his first year..... I was a player on that Silsbee team and just remembering playing against Spell....and I know if the central kids stay discipline with all that speed and talent it will be a good game! Sorry

I am by no means a Nederland fan, but I just do not see Central winning this game unless its the "Perfect Storm".... My opinions are from seeing both of these teams in action... All my views are from my actual eyes watching the games, no internet talk, or stat garbage... It seems pretty evident in my view that this is a no brainer.. I understand people rooting for their teams, but as a outsider, I just think Nederland wins.. Whaley gives Central a glimmer of hope, but if he does n0t put up astronomical numbers, then I see it as a Loss for Central... But I still think Central makes the playoffs...

Can I voice my opinion without stirring up any cats,,, I'm not sure about straight ahead on a track but to me on the field with full pads on in the games I've seen this season,, krautz looks faster then whaley,, just my opinion..

I think Krautz is faster but Whaley just a lil more forceful, but as of late not by much.