Richmond Foster 42 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

Sounded like Foster dominated the trenches. Sounded like JD3 missed his favorite weapon, Hancock.  You can learn a lot from a loss as well.  Lick ur wounds, and get back to work Monday.  This certainly doesn't change WOS state championship plans.  Good game RF.  Solid performance and good luck moving foward. 

man yes, that wasn't a doubt. Wos has speed but if they go up against some boys that are big and fast in the playoffs they will have some issues. They gonna btho Newton Friday though, so at least they'll get back on track. JD3 had an off night IMO, not totally his fault, several dropped passes helped. Run game was non existent. Foster was just the overall better team. Period. 

And also BOTH teams gotta cut the unsportsmanlike conduct crap. From the punch a Wos player threw at 57 from Foster to #7 who bodyslammed #22 from Foster to #22 from Foster running his mouth while the ref right there (In which im pretty sure he called #7 an obscenity to get kicked out) and disrespecting his own team amongst other things. 

Im still in disbelief of the size of Wos. Wow. 

I'm sorry but why are Crosby folk even posting on this thread?  This game has nothing to do with you.  WOS just got their 92nd loss and remains with 357 wins.  Do you want to know when Crosby got their 357th win playing UIL football since starting in 1923?  2007.  That's 84 years it took you to do that.  Do you want to know when Crosby got their 92nd loss? 1945  

Get back to me when you matter and stop trolling.  Everyone expected this game to be a loss.  WOS got the target off their backs and shouldn't face any team close to this from this point forward.  WOS just went 4-1 against three teams one classification above them and two teams two classifications above them in pre-district.  When's the last time Crosby played a team in a larger classification? 2007 would be the answer.  WOS on the other hand has played 27 opponents in a larger classification since 2007 and has a 20-7 record against them.

Edited by Goblin

And also BOTH teams gotta cut the unsportsmanlike conduct crap. From the punch a Wos player threw at 57 from Foster to #7 who bodyslammed #22 from Foster to #22 from Foster running his mouth while the ref right there (In which im pretty sure he called #7 an obscenity to get kicked out) and disrespecting his own team amongst other things.

Missed the punched that WOS player threw, if that is the case BG, coach T will make sure that it will not happen again. True bad behavior is not good in sports especially high school football.

I'm sorry but why are Crosby folk even posting on this thread?  This game has nothing to do with you.  WOS just got their 92nd loss and remains with 357 wins.  Do you want to know when Crosby got their 357th win playing UIL football since starting in 1923?  2007.  That's 84 years it took you to do that.  Do you want to know when Crosby got their 92nd loss? 1945  

Get back to me when you matter and stop trolling.  Everyone expected this game to be a loss.  WOS got the target off their backs and shouldn't face any team close to this from this point forward.  WOS just went 4-1 against three teams one classification above them and two teams two classifications above them in pre-district.  When's the last time Crosby played a team in a larger classification? 2007 would be the answer.  WOS on the other hand has played 27 opponents in a larger classification since 2007 and has a 20-7 record against them.

Well said Goblin, drops the mic and walks off the stage. 

We have never been shy at lining up with much larger schools and teams. Sure we have lost some of those games . And it feels bad , but we learn from every contest. Not many teams in the state play that kind of schedule. 

A painful truth...

WOS fans thought I was trying to downplay what they do what type of players they have. Even after getting crushed by Foster they will probably only drop a couple of spots in the rankings because prognosticators understand what the difference "should" look like. 

I'm not sure what Gasilla had been looking at all season to think PNG was equal with Foster in the trenches but that's the difference you see between classes. In two years against Foster WOS has 43 carries for 36 yards, 18 total rushing yards both games. Dallas is 39-81 for 355 yards, 3 Tds and 7 picks. When WOS lines it up with PNG it's an even game because even though they are dwarfed in enrollment they have a distinct advantage in speed and athleticism. That's far from the case once you get into the good 5A teams from the metro area. 

Gasilla also said he couldn't get past Tompkins getting 400 yards and 42 points on Foster. That's myopic thinking to believe that because Tompkins sucks in 6A WOS would be able to score on Foster the same way. Tompkins is a lot better matchup for Foster with their size and enrollment, even if Humble held them to single digits the week after. 

WOS fans need to chill with that "we can play with anybody" stuff. They have less than 600 kids and declining enrollment to boot. There are limitations to who they can play with, there's no shame in that. 

WOS fans thought I was trying to downplay what they do what type of players they have. Even after getting crushed by Foster they will probably only drop a couple of spots in the rankings because prognosticators understand what the difference "should" look like. 

I'm not sure what Gasilla had been looking at all season to think PNG was equal with Foster in the trenches but that's the difference you see between classes. In two years against Foster WOS has 43 carries for 36 yards, 18 total rushing yards both games. Dallas is 39-81 for 355 yards, 3 Tds and 7 picks. When WOS lines it up with PNG it's an even game because even though they are dwarfed in enrollment they have a distinct advantage in speed and athleticism. That's far from the case once you get into the good 5A teams from the metro area. 

Gasilla also said he couldn't get past Tompkins getting 400 yards and 42 points on Foster. That's myopic thinking to believe that because Tompkins sucks in 6A WOS would be able to score on Foster the same way. Tompkins is a lot better matchup for Foster with their size and enrollment, even if Humble held them to single digits the week after. 

WOS fans need to chill with that "we can play with anybody" stuff. They have less than 600 kids and declining enrollment to boot. There are limitations to who they can play with, there's no shame in that. 

+1! 

I honestly, prior to these couple of posts, did like or agree with 95% of your posts, but these 2 recent ones have been spot on.  +1

I've so been checking in on Crosby a lot lately.  Those kids look good And hope they completel their quest this year.  Just not at the expense of my Jags...  

I would like to see Foster and Crosby match up in the future, any chance that becomes a reality?

You can look at games between Crosby and Foster's two common opponents last year for a comparison. Foster was ranked in the top 10, Crosby was unranked. 

Foster vs PLC - 242 allowed/268 gained. Foster scored on last play of game to take lead for 22-28 final. Foster vs Angleton - 370 allowed/374 gained. Scored with 1 min left to take lead for 28-34 final. 

Crosby at Angleton - 200 allowed/374 gained, 38-15 win. Crosby vs PLC - 293 allowed/344 gained, 36-14 area win. PLC picked up a lot of trash yards late, it was 36-7 to start the 4th. 

Foster struggled twice, Crosby dominated both. They're the 2nd largest school in their district behind GR so they can't play D2. I think it's safe to say with BH 0-3 in district play losing by an average of over 20ppg that Crosby and Dayton will be 21-5A D2 reps. No chance we would matchup, I would think that both Foster and GR would be 6A next year too. 

Thankfully we will not see another team on the level of Richmond Foster the remainder of the season or anywhere in 4A D2, and we won't play them next year, either. RF should become a 6A team at the next realignment, so WO-S was literally playing out of their league. I am not surprised by the loss, but did think the score would be closer. The wheels totally came off in the 4th Q. Even if we had not dropped passes and fumbled at the 3 yard line, we still would have lost. They were much better than us. I think playing them close last year got the hopes up for many WO-S faithful, but last year we had a state champion caliber team and a do-it-all Deointe Thompson. Plus, RF was a slightly lesser version of this year's bunch. That combination made for a close game, but that was the exception. In most years, the make ups of these two teams would be similar and RF would win almost every time. It is what it is.

So, Cougar 14.2, I know I speak for many WO-S followers who do NOT think we can conquer the world. What's odd about this whole exchange is your persistent posting about WO-S...a team that has no rivalry with yours. We've played your team once in the 80's. What is it with the Crosby trollers? It reminds me of a couple of BH trollers not long ago. We had no rivalry with them, either, but they couldn't resist jumping on the WO-S threads. 

Thankfully we will not see another team on the level of Richmond Foster the remainder of the season or anywhere in 4A D2, and we won't play them next year, either. RF should become a 6A team at the next realignment, so WO-S was literally playing out of their league. I am not surprised by the loss, but did think the score would be closer. The wheels totally came off in the 4th Q. Even if we had not dropped passes and fumbled at the 3 yard line, we still would have lost. They were much better than us. I think playing them close last year got the hopes up for many WO-S faithful, but last year we had a state champion caliber team and a do-it-all Deointe Thompson. Plus, RF was a slightly lesser version of this year's bunch. That combination made for a close game, but that was the exception. In most years, the make ups of these two teams would be similar and RF would win almost every time. It is what it is.

So, Cougar 14.2, I know I speak for many WO-S followers who do NOT think we can conquer the world. What's odd about this whole exchange is your persistent posting about WO-S...a team that has no rivalry with yours. We've played your team once in the 80's. What is it with the Crosby trollers? It reminds me of a couple of BH trollers not long ago. We had no rivalry with them, either, but they couldn't resist jumping on the WO-S threads. 

Spot on post! I have one word for the trolling- JEALOUSLY- resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jealousy

I love all of the people who back the teams around here who are used to getting beat down taking their little jabs. Enjoy it while you can... even the ones who are trying to do it subtly... We know who the haters are, even though you jump on our band wagon the first chance you get.

You have to give it to RF, they weren't just big, those big kids were athletic with just as much speed as we have and taller athletes. It was like watching a small college team out there. They were just physically better than we are. We also made to many mistakes to play with a team like that. Many of those mistakes were forced. 

Another painful truth...

Hey man, you were right and I was wrong. I'm man enough to admit it. I was comparing with my heart instead of my head. No doubt. We were out of our league. 

I love your little cheer leading squad...

ouch