Richmond Foster 42 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

WOS is monster, they're even more of a beast now because they'll never have to play teams like Navasota, Argyle, Graham, Carthage or Stephenville in the playoffs anymore. WOS is one of about 10 schools in the state that will always compete at a high level simply due to the level of talent they produce comparable to their classification.

Again... this was the original post referencing not facing teams because of the split. Not my argument. 

The teams that WO-S lost to were just better. Lost to the eventual state champion 4 years in a row.

I also never said anything about enrollments. I don't have the numbers memorized off the top of my head, but the enrollments that I pulled up for last year had Crosby at 1500 and CP in the 1800s. Is that incorrect? Either way, last years champions Aledo and Ennis have enrollments comparable to Crosby.

Same with picking games and not being able to put aside the emotional attachment. 

Just for the record, I didn't pick the game (if you're referring to me), I never do because, unlike you (and appears you found out in the Dayton game) anything can happen on any given Friday. I never pick or make predictions. I knew there was a good chance we would lose that game. That's why I tried to make you pick a big margin of victory, because I felt we would keep it close. I was wrong about that. 

In your infinite wisdom sharing you've made many predictions. I will be watching to see if these pan out or not. We will discuss those more later... On a Crosby thread...

Edited by Gasilla

Just for the record, I didn't pick the game (if you're referring to me), I never do because, unlike you (and appears you found out in the Dayton game) anything can happen on any given Friday. I never pick or make predictions. I knew there was a good chance we would lose that game. That's why I tried to make you pick a big margin of victory, because I felt we would keep it close. I was wrong about that. 

In your infinite wisdom sharing you've made many predictions. I will be watching to see if these pan out or not. We will discuss those more later... On a Crosby thread...

You  never answered my previous question.  You call someone a 'cheerleader ' because they agree with someone?  You made mention or referenced cheerleader twice, so surely, you should be up for answering the question .

You  never answered my previous question.  You call someone a 'cheerleader ' because they agree with someone?  You made mention or referenced cheerleader twice, so surely, you should be up for answering the question .

Yeah when it's the same guys who like to lay in wait until there is something negative about WOS to post about. And yes, if that's not clear enough YOU are one of those guys. You've done it before. Is there any other questions you feel I haven't answered clearly enough?

Edited by Gasilla

Yeah when it's the same guys who like to lay in wait until there is something negative about WOS to post about. And yes, if that's not clear enough YOU are one of those guys. You've done it before. Is there any other questions you feel I haven't answered clearly enough?

Like i said, i simply agreed with him.  What i did in the past has no bearing on this situation.  And obviously, BG and others are correct.  WO-S's loss has you feeling some kind of way and has you extra emotional, which are all woman'a traits.  And you have the nerve to call someone a cheerleader.  Put your big boy (or girl) under pants on and get some tougher skin is what I recommend.  Your next game approaches....

Like i said, i simply agreed with him.  What i did in the past has no bearing on this situation.  And obviously, BG and others are correct.  WO-S's loss has you feeling some kind of way and has you extra emotional, which are all woman'a traits.  And you have the nerve to call someone a cheerleader.  Put your big boy (or girl) under pants on and get some tougher skin is what I recommend.  Your next game approaches....

Agreed. And some things were discussed on the preview show in which others were saying the exact same thing I did about the game and a few other things. It was settled tonight so that's that on that, period end of discussion. 

This comparison thing is trivial. Look at last year when PNG beat the crap out of GCM then lost to Nederland. Then GCM beats Nederland. It's high school, things happen. Now I do believe that RF was the better team. Is what it is, but dang WOS is small 4A RF big 5A. The question asked earlier was how PNG lost to WOS. Well, in the stats we beat them. On the score board we did not beat them. Two for sure touch down passes dropped. 4 turnovers. But hey, it was the 2nd game. Plus WOS is good, I don't care the score last night. Box score shows WOS with 5 turnovers....is that true?

Ya, I get a little emotional when folks like to belittle the efforts of our kids and coaches thru the years just because they got whipped 20 yrs ago or their fav team has been whipped to many times OR their fav team don't get the press because they are not as successful on the field, take your pick of which applies to you and others. We all know from where it stems. 

Oh yeah, read above, our loss don't bother me a bit. Ain't the first time and won't be the last. As I've stated before (several times) I don't mind losing to a better team and they were the better team. 

Ya, I get a little emotional when folks like to belittle the efforts of our kids and coaches thru the years just because they got whipped 20 yrs ago or their fav team has been whipped to many times OR their fav team don't get the press because they are not as successful on the field, take your pick of which applies to you and others. We all know from where it stems. 

Oh yeah, read above, our loss don't bother me a bit. Ain't the first time and won't be the last. As I've stated before (several times) I don't mind losing to a better team and they were the better team. 

Neither one of those apply to me, but you did come for for with the cheerleader reference simply because I agreed with the other guy.  Now you say you got a little emotional, but in the same breath, it didn't bother you.  Which is it?