Katy on the verge of something special

I'm pretty close to the program....you would not believe the amount of stud football players that come into Katy and are told they would have to FIGHT for a starting job against players who were underclassmen, smaller and slower than they were put new the "System"...it would be a who's who if I were to put names out there...Many come....then end up at Cinco Ranch, Morton Ranch, Sealy, Brookshire Royal....or go back to their original school. People assume Katy gets tons of transefers and are quick to throw out Donovonn Young's name not realizing he already had a bed and address in Katy before he started HS. Do they get move in's and transfers? Yes, just like every other school, but the move in's happen early with kids going through KYF and The Jr High system.. Sounds like you are close to me....one side of the Street is CFISD.....the other side KISD

North of Clay with a Katy address.  If we stay put, kids would attend Cy Lakes. Believe they have had football for 5 years and maybe 8 total wins. 

Had my 8 year old in the Katy Youth Soccer League and he was so so.  Three games into Beaumont Youth Soccer he has 12 goals and missed another 5 shots.  We are willing to sacrifice him getting a better education and athletic experience in Golden Triangle compared to here.

Just need the right job offer to move back.  Lol.

Allen almost lost to FM Marcus at home last night. Katy would beat Allen, not a beatdown but they would beat em IMO this yr. 

I don't think there would be a single team in the state favored over Katy at a neutral site this year. Allen is good but not the same Allen without Kyler Murray. I think Trinity beats them in the regional final this year. 

Katy is the complete package this year. If Injad a vote I would go 1. Katy, 2. Trinity, 3. Cedar Hill, 4. Allen and 5. Steele.

Westfield is undefeated but I really don't think they're better than Dickinson, and would be crushed by Katy in the state title game if they got past Cedar Hill. 

I don't think there would be a single team in the state favored over Katy at a neutral site this year. Allen is good but not the same Allen without Kyler Murray. I think Trinity beats them in the regional final this year. 

Katy is the complete package this year. If Injad a vote I would go 1. Katy, 2. Trinity, 3. Cedar Hill, 4. Allen and 5. Steele.

Westfield is undefeated but I really don't think they're better than Dickinson, and would be crushed by Katy in the state title game if they got past Cedar Hill. 

They still haven't found an offensive rhythm....Porter has carried the offense. Once they get other's involved, they should be OK.

They still haven't found an offensive rhythm....Porter has carried the offense. Once they get other's involved, they should be OK.

They never really have a rhythm in that sense. From Aston to Young to Dean to Taylor to Anderson to Porter that's kind of always what Katy does offensively. Run the ball with the big o-line and play action off of it for big plays in the passing game. They're more than ok right now IMO. 

They never really have a rhythm in that sense. From Aston to Young to Dean to Taylor to Anderson to Porter that's kind of always what Katy does offensively. Run the ball with the big o-line and play action off of it for big plays in the passing game. They're more than ok right now IMO. 

Ashton, Young, Dean....all had threats at QB and WR....Taylor was the first "Do it all" back for Katy and they tried the same with Anderson. I don't think Porter is built to carry the load like those guys did. Teams like Steele and Cedar Hill are gonna sell out to stop the run, dare Katy to pass.....T

• 2 weeks later...

Katy on the verge of getting beat by Cedar Hill for the 3rd year in a row. There's Texas high school football, and then there is DFW HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. Anyone that wants to argue that be my guest 

well I watch all three state championships with Katy and cedar hill. Katy had a stud at rb and ch could not do anything with him the first time they played. The last two years Katy was in the game until the late 4th quarter. Ch didn't blow them out by any means

Katy on the verge of getting beat by Cedar Hill for the 3rd year in a row. There's Texas high school football, and then there is DFW HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. Anyone that wants to argue that be my guest 

Dallas has been riding our coattails recently. Outside of Allen and Cedar Hill they haven't won anything and just use us to say their the best.

Dallas has been riding our coattails recently. Outside of Allen and Cedar Hill they haven't won anything and just use us to say their the best.

If I'm not mistaken DFW won all 4 state titles(5A-1, 5A-2, 6A-1, 6A-2) last year, and I'm pretty sure they won the majority of them the year before that. I could be wrong.

If I'm not mistaken DFW won all 4 state titles(5A-1, 5A-2, 6A-1, 6A-2) last year, and I'm pretty sure they won the majority of them the year before that. I could be wrong.

if you ask folks from Ennis if they're DFW you get funny looks, so it was actually 3, Aledo Allen and CH. 

Yes, but outside of Allen (4),Cedar Hill (3), Highland Park and Hebron the state champs have been Fort Worth.

Carroll (5), Aledo (5), Guyer (2), Trinity (2), Argyle, Everman, and North Crowley. Add in the fact that Mansfield and Arlington are west of the county line, the majority of the talent is Fort Worth. Dallas does have DeSoto, but Fort Worth is where the best teams are.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Cy Fair and Katy has to be two of the fastest growing areas in Texas. I live in Cypress and alot of the area off Fry Rd where we live is being cleared off for a church, HEB, and more homes. 

Fry and Tuckerton? HEB is open. I'm in the area as well....Also, Cy-Park HS being built at 529 close to 99

If you're not doing anything Sat...Katy's playing Morton Ranch....I'll get you tickets.

Edited by pe2009

Fry and Tuckerton? HEB is open. I'm in the area as well....Also, Cy-Park HS being built at 529 close to 99

If you're not doing anything Sat...Katy's playing Morton Ranch....I'll get you tickets.

We live in Cypress Lakes. Thanks for the ticket offer but we will be in Beaumont on Saturday for a birthday party. My wife is a principal in Cy Fair and our area is grow and growning. I went to the new HEB about 2 weeks ago. Might have the freshest product out of any I have ever been to.