Katy on the verge of something special

Since we talking katy on this form i find it funny that no one has mentioned east chambers in 4 games have giving up 13 points in 4 games . They have pitched 3 shutouts they are doing something special there . Their defense was really good last year this d this year is being salty . The next couple games they have seems to me that they can put up a few more gooseeggs .

After 5 games that D has given up only 10 points!  Good grief. Nobody is beating Katy this year, not even Allen if they matched up. 

What you smoking BG ha! Allen hasnt lost in almost 4 years! Seriously brother you know as well as I do Katy couldnt beat Allen. Until UIL does something about 6A numbers, nobody is beating Allen...i mean theyve got 6,000 kids in high school...not fair at all to other teams in 6A

What you smoking BG ha! Allen hasnt lost in almost 4 years! Seriously brother you know as well as I do Katy couldnt beat Allen. Until UIL does something about 6A numbers, nobody is beating Allen...i mean theyve got 6,000 kids in high school...not fair at all to other teams in 6A

Allen almost lost to FM Marcus at home last night. Katy would beat Allen, not a beatdown but they would beat em IMO this yr. 

I will pat myself on the back - played for the Katy Tigers in 1977 & 1978 we were the teams that started this tradition - just kidding we were like 6 - 4 both years - did not even make the playoffs as back in the day only the first place team was in.

And for us that was Huntsville every year.

Has been fun to watch them over the years that is for sure.

Katys numbers are skewed....to me.

Weak schedule.......except Woodlands

The Woodlands PF 138  PA 28     4 games

Kingwood PF 120  PA 167.   5 games

Ft Bend Travis. PF 107 PA 217 pts 5 games

Mayde Creek PF 92 PA 248 pts    5 games

Katy Taylor  PF 78 PA 83 pts   4 games

And they lost cred with me for "not being able to fit" De LaSalle in the schedule this year.

And they lost cred with me for "not being able to fit" De LaSalle in the schedule this year.

not their fault for district games, exclude those then what do you have? 

allowing only 10pts thru 5 games for a 6A team is a great thing to me. 

Actually  my wife and I have been talking about moving to Katy. I like there football team.

If you have kids that play sports, their is a vetting process involved with enrolling at KHS.  They are super paranoid of UIL investigations.

Worse thing about living in Katy is the area ready to expand by 75k to 100k over next 15 years.  Grand Parkway and Katy Freeway already nightmares.  I miss small town living.

If you have kids that play sports, their is a vetting process involved with enrolling at KHS.  They are super paranoid of UIL investigations.

Worse thing about living in Katy is the area ready to expand by 75k to 100k over next 15 years.  Grand Parkway and Katy Freeway already nightmares.  I miss small town living.

I agree. I just got out of that area and won't be moving back.  By the way if anyone is looking to move to Katy I have a house for sale!  Seriously.

Nothing wrong with that.

10 Garbage points at that......Woodlands got short field after a turnonver, Taylor punted the ball away with under  2mins to go....Katy had 12 men on the field......put Taylor in FG range......Defense is stout...full of 3 year starters and a couple 4 year starters. "Weak" schedule or not...that's impressive. I think Katy matches up GREAT with Allen....see Trinity and FM Marcus(Both with former Katy OC's by coincedence).......Thinks may shake up in the GHA with Katy possibly going D1 now.

Very paranoid and for good reason, Rumors and messageboard talk tend to play a factor with other schools in the district and there is lots of animosity between the schools....coaches won't even look at you until you're cleared.

Hard to FIT in a team who wants to play week 4 when you're in district , no return game, no subvarsity games........sorry they didnt accomodate you.

Very paranoid and for good reason, Rumors and messageboard talk tend to play a factor with other schools in the district and there is lots of animosity between the schools....coaches won't even look at you until you're cleared.

According to my ex-coworker who moved in a home off Pin Oak, the vetting actually started with the realtor.  He had a daughter that was going to try out for the swim team. I have heard stories of blue chip recruits that transferred to KHS and either rode the bench or didn't make the team.  Their JHS is a football factory and they don't need outside talent.

I'm with you Bigdog, about to put my house up.  Son is already going to VISD in 3rd grade with my parents.  We are one street to far north and in Cy Fair ISD.  That is a total nightmare.

According to my ex-coworker who moved in a home off Pin Oak, the vetting actually started with the realtor.  He had a daughter that was going to try out for the swim team. I have heard stories of blue chip recruits that transferred to KHS and either rode the bench or didn't make the team.  Their JHS is a football factory and they don't need outside talent.

I'm with you Bigdog, about to put my house up.  Son is already going to VISD in 3rd grade with my parents.  We are one street to far north and in Cy Fair ISD.  That is a total nightmare.

I'm pretty close to the program....you would not believe the amount of stud football players that come into Katy and are told they would have to FIGHT for a starting job against players who were underclassmen, smaller and slower than they were put new the "System"...it would be a who's who if I were to put names out there...Many come....then end up at Cinco Ranch, Morton Ranch, Sealy, Brookshire Royal....or go back to their original school. People assume Katy gets tons of transefers and are quick to throw out Donovonn Young's name not realizing he already had a bed and address in Katy before he started HS. Do they get move in's and transfers? Yes, just like every other school, but the move in's happen early with kids going through KYF and The Jr High system.. Sounds like you are close to me....one side of the Street is CFISD.....the other side KISD

Edited by pe2009

Our neighborhood was like that as well, there were one or two streets that are Lamar Consolidated ISD and the rest are KISD.