WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

Yeah, Foster throws the ball 70% of the time but their starting qb has 112 pass attempts while their two running backs have 116 rushing attempts between them so far. Foster has run for 895 and thrown for 890. It's not an attack like PNG's where the numbers are skewed to the play selection. 

If you watch them play it makes me wonder how you think PNG and Foster are anywhere near equal at the line of scrimmage? 

What makes you think they aren't equal? It's definitely not size because they are, pretty much, the same size (makes me think you haven't seen PNG's line this yr). Other than size you can't assess one way or the other which one is better unless they line up against one another. 

As far as their passing, you can't go to Max Preps and look at number of plays to get a real idea of how much they throw. As you know, those numbers get skewed when games are out of reach and the carries go way up. Look at their games and see what they do when games are still in doubt. 

What worries me the most from what I've seen is their tall receiver, number 8. He will go up and get it and we've given up a few plays to tall, fast recvrs this yr. One thing I feel better about from last yr is this QB is more of a drop back, pocket passer. He does throw much better than the kid last yr, but is no where near the running threat the kid last yr was. Hopefully we can make him, "move off of his spot" as Coach T likes to say.

Anyway, all this talk is nice, but give me your prediction so we can have something to discuss AFTER the game. You obviously think that us folks over here East of the Trinity have no business playing "the big boys" from over there. Make an honest prediction and lets see if all of your analyzing is right, then we have a basis to begin our conversation after the game. You can bet I'll give my honest assessment afterwards and if your right, and you guys play a brand of football soooo much better than what we have over here, it will show, right? Here is your chance to put up or shut up, so lets have it. And no excuses either like you saying they had 26 players out last yr. They are healthy, so lets have it.

What makes you think they aren't equal? It's definitely not size because they are, pretty much, the same size (makes me think you haven't seen PNG's line this yr). Other than size you can't assess one way or the other which one is better unless they line up against one another. 

As far as their passing, you can't go to Max Preps and look at number of plays to get a real idea of how much they throw. As you know, those numbers get skewed when games are out of reach and the carries go way up. Look at their games and see what they do when games are still in doubt. 

What worries me the most from what I've seen is their tall receiver, number 8. He will go up and get it and we've given up a few plays to tall, fast recvrs this yr. One thing I feel better about from last yr is this QB is more of a drop back, pocket passer. He does throw much better than the kid last yr, but is no where near the running threat the kid last yr was. Hopefully we can make him, "move off of his spot" as Coach T likes to say.

Anyway, all this talk is nice, but give me your prediction so we can have something to discuss AFTER the game. You obviously think that us folks over here East of the Trinity have no business playing "the big boys" from over there. Make an honest prediction and lets see if all of your analyzing is right, then we have a basis to begin our conversation after the game. You can bet I'll give my honest assessment afterwards and if your right, and you guys play a brand of football soooo much better than what we have over here, it will show, right? Here is your chance to put up or shut up, so lets have it. And no excuses either like you saying they had 26 players out last yr. They are healthy, so lets have it.

Just went and looked at Foster's closest game which was when were down 28-12 to Reagan in the 4th and threw it 45 times vs running it only 32. They won by 3 points against Tompkins and had 22 pass attempts while their two backs combined for 32 rushing attempts.

I don't really make score predictions on games because the point totals can be random due to situations. I'll say this though, I think Foster is going to roll up about 400 offensive yards and hold WOS to around 250 and win by two scores. Their two big D1 receivers will pressure WOS' dbs a lot more than PNG could and WOS will struggle at the line of scrimmage.

So it's Richmond Foster(+8) at a neutral site against a squad WOS lost to and couldn't manage 200 total yards of offense? I would look at some more of their lines to see what else they predict. Can you post those for this week?

Just shared what their pick was for this game my friend.Don't shoot the messenger.

Just went and looked at Foster's closest game which was when were down 28-12 to Reagan in the 4th and threw it 45 times vs running it only 32. They won by 3 points against Tompkins and had 22 pass attempts while their two backs combined for 32 rushing attempts.

I don't really make score predictions on games because the point totals can be random due to situations. I'll say this though, I think Foster is going to roll up about 400 offensive yards and hold WOS to around 250 and win by two scores. Their two big D1 receivers will pressure WOS' dbs a lot more than PNG could and WOS will struggle at the line of scrimmage.

Wow! Really? That's not a very dominant beating for a team that's supposed to be so much superior... Might even say that's not superior at all. Come on man, do you not really believe in what you are selling?

Edited by Gasilla

Can you post a link or something? 

Dist. 1

Dalhart vs Open 
Perryton at Borger (4) 
(15) Iowa Park at Wichita Falls Hirschi 
(4) Vernon at Springtown 
Bushland at Stratford (6) 

Dist. 2

(10) Sweetwater vs Andrews 
(3) Lamesa vs Dimmitt 
(12) Midland Greenwood at Snyder 
Monahans vs Lubbock-Cooper (23) 
(1) Fort Stockton at Alpine 
(3) Pecos vs Brownfield 

Dist. 3

Bridgeport vs Decatur (PK) 
(35) Celina at Melissa 
Anna at Callisburg (20) 
Bonham vs Pilot Point (33) 
Aubrey vs Carrollton Ranchview (7) 
(7) Krum at Boyd 

Dist. 4

(5) Dallas Lincoln vs Lake Worth 
(19) Dallas Madison vs Dallas Pinkston 
Dallas Roosevelt at Wilmer-Hutchins (13) 
(6) Ferris at Crandall 
Venus vs Brock (40) 
Godley vs Mineral Wells (11) 

Dist. 5

(14) Emory Rains at Gladewater Sabine 
(13) Nevada Community at Quinlan Ford 
Canton at Wills Point (14) 
Bullard at White Oak (15) 
(5) Gilmer vs Carthage 
Melissa vs Celina (35) 

Dist. 6

Atlanta at Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (18) 
(33) Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs Jefferson 
(3) Gladewater vs Kilgore 
Longview Spring Hill vs Hughes Springs (18) 
(21) Tatum vs Tyler Chapel Hill 
(11) Center vs Hardin-Jefferson 

Dist. 7

(6) Rusk vs Brownsboro 
Groesbeck at Lago Vista (2) 
(9) Lorena vs Troy 
Mexia vs Open 
Waco Connally vs Waco La Vega (23) 
Fairfield at China Spring (8) 

Dist. 8

(14) Diboll vs Liberty 
Huntington at Elkhart (29) 
Cleveland Tarkington at Houston Sterling (15) 
Coldspring-Oakhurst vs Rosenberg Terry (9) 
Shepherd vs Open 
Madisonville vs Open 

Dist. 9

(12) Hamshire-Fannett vs Smithville 
Hardin-Jefferson at Center (11) 
Orangefield at Newton (14) 
(8) West Orange-Stark vs Richmond Foster 
Liberty at Diboll (14) 

Dist. 10

Houston Kashmere at Needville (18) 
Houston Scarborough vs Houston Wheatley (23) 
(20) Houston Worthing vs Tomball Concordia Lutheran 
La Marque at Lamar Consolidated (2) 

Dist. 11

Caldwell at Rockdale (15) 
(13) Giddings at Sealy 
(26) La Grange at Fredericksburg 
Smithville at Hamshire-Fannett (12) 
Salado vs Gatesville (23) 

Dist. 12

(26) Bellville at Bay City 
Columbus at Cuero (27) 
Brookshire Royal at Wallis Brazos (9) 
Sweeny at Hitchcock (18) 
(3) Wharton vs Stafford 

Dist. 13

Llano at San Angelo Lake View (16) 
(10) Wimberley vs Austin St. Michael's 
Hondo at Devine (32) 
(8) Lytle vs Bandera 
(22) Geronimo Navarro at Comfort 

Dist. 14

(7) Poteet vs Natalia 
Carrizo Springs vs Beeville Jones (2) 
(NP) Crystal City vs C.C. Veterans Memorial HS 
(32) Devine vs Hondo 
(15) Pearsall vs Dilley 

Dist. 15

(27) Cuero vs Columbus 
(3) Yoakum vs Gonzales 
(1) Ingleside vs Rogers 
(18) Sinton vs La Vernia 
Jourdanton at San Antonio Central Catholic (12) 

Dist. 16

(11) Corpus Christi West Oso vs Robstown 
(9) Orange Grove vs Rockport-Fulton 
Port Isabel at Brownsville St. Joseph (18) 
Progreso at La Feria (19) match-up
Raymondville at Kingsville King (1) 
(4) Rio Hondo at RGC La Grulla

Dist. 1

Dalhart vs Open 
Perryton at Borger (4) 
(15) Iowa Park at Wichita Falls Hirschi 
(4) Vernon at Springtown 
Bushland at Stratford (6) 

Dist. 2

(10) Sweetwater vs Andrews 
(3) Lamesa vs Dimmitt 
(12) Midland Greenwood at Snyder 
Monahans vs Lubbock-Cooper (23) 
(1) Fort Stockton at Alpine 
(3) Pecos vs Brownfield 

Dist. 3

Bridgeport vs Decatur (PK) 
(35) Celina at Melissa 
Anna at Callisburg (20) 
Bonham vs Pilot Point (33) 
Aubrey vs Carrollton Ranchview (7) 
(7) Krum at Boyd 

Dist. 4

(5) Dallas Lincoln vs Lake Worth 
(19) Dallas Madison vs Dallas Pinkston 
Dallas Roosevelt at Wilmer-Hutchins (13) 
(6) Ferris at Crandall 
Venus vs Brock (40) 
Godley vs Mineral Wells (11) 

Dist. 5

(14) Emory Rains at Gladewater Sabine 
(13) Nevada Community at Quinlan Ford 
Canton at Wills Point (14) 
Bullard at White Oak (15) 
(5) Gilmer vs Carthage 
Melissa vs Celina (35) 

Dist. 6

Atlanta at Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (18) 
(33) Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs Jefferson 
(3) Gladewater vs Kilgore 
Longview Spring Hill vs Hughes Springs (18) 
(21) Tatum vs Tyler Chapel Hill 
(11) Center vs Hardin-Jefferson 

Dist. 7

(6) Rusk vs Brownsboro 
Groesbeck at Lago Vista (2) 
(9) Lorena vs Troy 
Mexia vs Open 
Waco Connally vs Waco La Vega (23) 
Fairfield at China Spring (8) 

Dist. 8

(14) Diboll vs Liberty 
Huntington at Elkhart (29) 
Cleveland Tarkington at Houston Sterling (15) 
Coldspring-Oakhurst vs Rosenberg Terry (9) 
Shepherd vs Open 
Madisonville vs Open 

Dist. 9

(12) Hamshire-Fannett vs Smithville 
Hardin-Jefferson at Center (11) 
Orangefield at Newton (14) 
(8) West Orange-Stark vs Richmond Foster 
Liberty at Diboll (14) 

Dist. 10

Houston Kashmere at Needville (18) 
Houston Scarborough vs Houston Wheatley (23) 
(20) Houston Worthing vs Tomball Concordia Lutheran 
La Marque at Lamar Consolidated (2) 

Dist. 11

Caldwell at Rockdale (15) 
(13) Giddings at Sealy 
(26) La Grange at Fredericksburg 
Smithville at Hamshire-Fannett (12) 
Salado vs Gatesville (23) 

Dist. 12

(26) Bellville at Bay City 
Columbus at Cuero (27) 
Brookshire Royal at Wallis Brazos (9) 
Sweeny at Hitchcock (18) 
(3) Wharton vs Stafford 

Dist. 13

Llano at San Angelo Lake View (16) 
(10) Wimberley vs Austin St. Michael's 
Hondo at Devine (32) 
(8) Lytle vs Bandera 
(22) Geronimo Navarro at Comfort 

Dist. 14

(7) Poteet vs Natalia 
Carrizo Springs vs Beeville Jones (2) 
(NP) Crystal City vs C.C. Veterans Memorial HS 
(32) Devine vs Hondo 
(15) Pearsall vs Dilley 

Dist. 15

(27) Cuero vs Columbus 
(3) Yoakum vs Gonzales 
(1) Ingleside vs Rogers 
(18) Sinton vs La Vernia 
Jourdanton at San Antonio Central Catholic (12) 

Dist. 16

(11) Corpus Christi West Oso vs Robstown 
(9) Orange Grove vs Rockport-Fulton 
Port Isabel at Brownsville St. Joseph (18) 
Progreso at La Feria (19) match-up
Raymondville at Kingsville King (1) 
(4) Rio Hondo at RGC La Grulla

a few interesting spreads. 

Wow! Really? That's not a very dominant beating for a team that's supposed to be so much superior... Might even say that's not superior at all. Come on man, do you not really believe in what you are selling?

Who said Foster was dominant, lol? They weren't even a top 10 team in the Houston area until they beat Marshall last week and moved in to #9 in the area. They didn't win a playoff game last year after they beat WOS and it's even more unlikely they win one this year. They're probably going to lose at least two more games in district play to GR and PLC. They're just too much for WOS to handle IMO.

PNG had big receivers but the dbs covering them were superior athletes. Foster has two big receivers too, one is committed to Maryland and the other is one of the top junior receivers in the state, WOS' dbs won't have those same advantages.

When WOS was on offense their receivers, some of which also play db I'm sure, had the same athletic advantage over PNG's dbs. Foster has 3 D1 kids in the secondary, there's a reason Dallas was 17-39 with 3 picks last meeting. If you look at his numbers when he couldn't throw to DT he was 10-29 for 59 yards and 3 picks.

Foster also produces D1 kids on the line of scrimmage, it looks like the last FBS kid had on the line was Jeremy Davis 13 years ago so while you may think they're the same size the talent level is drastically different. If Quin and Quan get the run game going early I think you could see a more statistically dominant performance. If not then they just win by 10-14 points.

Yes, I believe everything I'm telling you.

Who said Foster was dominant, lol? They weren't even a top 10 team in the Houston area until they beat Marshall last week and moved in to #9 in the area. They didn't win a playoff game last year after they beat WOS and it's even more unlikely they win one this year. They're probably going to lose at least two more games in district play to GR and PLC. They're just too much for WOS to handle IMO.

PNG had big receivers but the dbs covering them were superior athletes. Foster has two big receivers too, one is committed to Maryland and the other is one of the top junior receivers in the state, WOS' dbs won't have those same advantages.

When WOS was on offense their receivers, some of which also play db I'm sure, had the same athletic advantage over PNG's dbs. Foster has 3 D1 kids in the secondary, there's a reason Dallas was 17-39 with 3 picks last meeting. If you look at his numbers when he couldn't throw to DT he was 10-29 for 59 yards and 3 picks.

Foster also produces D1 kids on the line of scrimmage, it looks like the last FBS kid had on the line was Jeremy Davis 13 years ago so while you may think they're the same size the talent level is drastically different. If Quin and Quan get the run game going early I think you could see a more statistically dominant performance. If not then they just win by 10-14 points.

SMH

Didn't you say in another post that Foster was better than last year??? Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like that was said a couple of times. Most of the reason for our lack of a passing attack last year was because of them blitzing the outside linebacker every play. The kid could run and gave us all kinds of problems. He is not there anymore. Again, you base everything on stats, you maybe about to learn that football is about much more than stats. Maybe not, but at least we have your prediction to discuss later. We'll talk more then.

Oh ya, one more thing, there maybe 3 players that go both ways for WOS. Only 1 is a DB/WR.

Edited by Gasilla

Foster wasn't very good on offense last year and had some injuries when they played WOS. This year they're healthy and can score. Their only loss is to 6A Reagan who is undefeated. This year Foster is healthy and can score. Who said Foster was dominant, lol? They weren't even a top 10 team in the Houston area until they beat Marshall last week and moved in to #9 in the area. They didn't win a playoff game last year after they beat WOS and it's even more unlikely they win one this year. They're probably going to lose at least two more games in district play to GR and PLC.  

OK, I knew I wasn't losing my mind... So, again, please clarify, Foster is or is not better this year?????

Edited by Gasilla