WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

I think my reasoning was consistent. I said they loved the ball more effectively this year, the defense isn't as good but WOS only scored 7 offensive points on them last year. I think they'll manage more this year but so will Foster. Maybe the coach did say that, statistically it looks like Foster won too though. Not sure what other places he was talking about?

You keep saying "dominate WOS". I said Foster would be dominant at the line of scrimmage which would be expected playing a solid 5A team with 2000 kids. 

You kind of proved my point though. If it's "giving them all they could handle"  they're worried about then why did schedule Brenham, who they beat the year Brenham was a finalist? You don't play the game anymore because it doesn't benefit both teams equally, even at a neutral site. 

You're right, I wouldn't mind seeing a WOS vs Crosby matchup. That's a big game for SETX fans though, there are probably 15 games we could play in the Houston area alone that would be bigger on a statewide scale. Not to mention a school like John Tyler or Ennis who we've already played in preseason before. 

Oh yeah, I remember all of the statewide pundits couldn't stop talking about Ennis opening the season with a 62-16 win against a 6-5 Crosby team.

Oh yeah, I remember all of the statewide pundits couldn't stop talking about Ennis opening the season with a 62-16 win against a 6-5 Crosby team.

Yep, there was a 30 point loss to Dawson, 30 point loss to PNG and a 21 point blowout by Montgomery too. You made my point though, why would Crosby drop down two classes to play WOS when they need to try to beat the top teams in their own division? Crosby went 10-3 the year they lost to Ennis, you said you remember the pundits talking about it 7 years ago so there you are. You get a lot more respect on the state radar from even lining it up with Ennis than you would from beating WOS. That's just a fact man, I'm sure your views are too myopic to understand that though.   

Yep, there was a 30 point loss to Dawson, 30 point loss to PNG and a 21 point blowout by Montgomery too. You made my point though, why would Crosby drop down two classes to play WOS when they need to try to beat the top teams in their own division? Crosby went 10-3 the year they lost to Ennis, you said you remember the pundits talking about it 7 years ago so there you are. You get a lot more respect on the state radar from even lining it up with Ennis than you would from beating WOS. That's just a fact man, I'm sure your views are too myopic to understand that though.   

Translation:

This is the hidden content, please

Translation:

This is the hidden content, please

Yeah, that sound effect would t make it back across the river though. If Crosby turns down a game with Ennis or George Ranch that's going to go all the way up 45, come back down 35, catch 10 in San Antonio, come up the beltway, exit 90 and be right back at Crosby's door step with a bunch of question marks attached to it. 

How do you know Riordan didn't pick up the phone and call Atascosita Magnolia West or Dawson, all games Crosby would benefit a lot more from playing? I don't even remember the last time Crosby played down. 

Yeah, that sound effect would t make it back across the river though. If Crosby turns down a game with Ennis or George Ranch that's going to go all the way up 45, come back down 35, catch 10 in San Antonio, come up the beltway, exit 90 and be right back at Crosby's door step with a bunch of question marks attached to it. 

How do you know Riordan didn't pick up the phone and call Atascosita Magnolia West or Dawson, all games Crosby would benefit a lot more from playing? I don't even remember the last time Crosby played down. 

Did he?

:)

The only time I recall, someone from Crosby picking up the phone regarding playing someone is when the Crosby ISD made Coach Flanigan call Vidor to tell them that Crosby wouldn't play them.  I guess it is an Orange County thing, huh?

that was a different school board and coaching staff over there. 

Different coach, definitely.  Different administration?  Maybe different names but looks like the same scheme.

why does WOS wanna play Crosby so bad? Has WOS called Navasota, Gilmer or Lufkin yet?? I have a feeling Crosby will be playing 6A teams after next re-alignment, if I was WOS id start with those 3 teams I named. 

why does WOS wanna play Crosby so bad? Has WOS called Navasota, Gilmer or Lufkin yet?? I have a feeling Crosby will be playing 6A teams after next re-alignment, if I was WOS id start with those 3 teams I named. 

First and foremost, we would play a quality team that we don't have to travel an hour and a half to simply to play at a neutral location.  But the Crosby supporters somehow have this impression that smaller is less.  So second, I am ready for them to test that theory.

And given Memorial's strength of schedule, I wouldn't be suggesting opponents if I were you.

First and foremost, we would play a quality team that we don't have to travel an hour and a half to simply to play at a neutral location.  But the Crosby supporters somehow have this impression that smaller is less.  So second, I am ready for them to test that theory.

And given Memorial's strength of schedule, I wouldn't be suggesting opponents if I were you.

i guess Houston Lamar and George Ranch are horrible…. Smh, i will suggest them and always have suggested them. As I always have said Memorial should be playing Lufkin, Longview, John Tyler, Pearland or Cinco Ranch, even still scrimmage or play Atascocita. Thats no secret on here as I have stated several times. It seems to me like some WOS folks are trying to bark at the new big dog of SETX. Seems strange to be doing it now but are yall barking at the Navasotas or Gilmers or Carthages of the world? I dont think its a "Orange County Thing" with Crosby ISD, I think its a "you are now a top tier 5A program so you should start scheduling like one thing"…… ..

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

i guess Houston Lamar and George Ranch are horrible…. Smh, i will suggest them and always have suggested them. As I always have said Memorial should be playing Lufkin, Longview, John Tyler, Pearland or Cinco Ranch, even still scrimmage or play Atascocita. Thats no secret on here as I have stated several times. It seems to me like some WOS folks are trying to bark at the new big dog of SETX. Seems strange to be doing it now but are yall barking at the Navasotas or Gilmers or Carthages of the world? I dont think its a "Orange County Thing" with Crosby ISD, I think its a "you are now a top tier 5A program so you should start scheduling like one thing"…… ..

Its because Crosby has had 1 and a half good seasons and they think, as you say, they are the "Big Dogs" now. It just gets super annoying hearing Crosby this and Crosby that not to mention hijacking every thread. I understand they are proud, and should be, but need to be a little more humble. And before you say WOS posters do the same or we brag, Weve had almost 40 good seasons and have earned the right to be a little cocky. However, you dont see us with 25 threads about ourselves and trying to interject Mustang football in every thread possible. Just like Grad said, they have the opportunity to take the SETX crown if they want to try, but wont. I dont buy the whole "because you are smaller" argument. Its because they dont want to play a team they think they cant beat. Especially knowing they wont have their Mecca team anymore come 2016. Im not sure about 'Sota but what makes you think we havent tried to play the Carthages, or Lufkins like you say we havent? I know for a fact that there are many big school teams outside our immediate area that refuse to play us. Been that way for ever. If we keep up the status quo we might have to start playing Louisiana teams to fill a schedule. lol

Its because Crosby has had 1 and a half good seasons and they think, as you say, they are the "Big Dogs" now. It just gets super annoying hearing Crosby this and Crosby that not to mention hijacking every thread. I understand they are proud, and should be, but need to be a little more humble. And before you say WOS posters do the same or we brag, Weve had almost 40 good seasons and have earned the right to be a little cocky. However, you dont see us with 25 threads about ourselves and trying to interject Mustang football in every thread possible. Just like Grad said, they have the opportunity to take the SETX crown if they want to try, but wont. I dont buy the whole "because you are smaller" argument. Its because they dont want to play a team they think they cant beat. Especially knowing they wont have their Mecca team anymore come 2016. Im not sure about 'Sota but what makes you think we havent tried to play the Carthages, or Lufkins like you say we havent? I know for a fact that there are many big school teams outside our immediate area that refuse to play us. Been that way for ever. If we keep up the status quo we might have to start playing Louisiana teams to fill a schedule. lol

With that staff they have in place over there i reckon Crosby will be good for a while. Go out to a game over there. 

Yeah yall had good seasons, and also everytime yall lose to a better team and someone points it out (like last yr) some of yall show ya sensitive side, now that is unexpected by a program that has "won so much over 40 years"…which is why Newton week will be interesting on this site but thats another story for another week. 

And hmmmm I know a school down the street that has had that problem before a few times. (In bold) ;)

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity