WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

So is WO-S playing Richmond Foster or Crosby this week?  After looking at some of these posts my deal is why would WO-S play Crosby, it would be a no-win situation.  I mean these guys got short memorys.  Crosby catches a ride on the latest meteor shower and enters real football played in Texas and all of a sudden they invented cleats and laces.  They are getting some respect here lately but are far from a household name around the state.  No, give me the Richmond Fosters, PN-Gs and Silsbees to play to get ready for district.  By the way, WO-S by 6 this week, I was impressed with the pressure Richmond put on the QB last year, havent seen that since who flung the chunk.  Dont think they are as good this year so WO-S 30-24.

Excellent analysis on all counts.  Some of us WOS' guys (you) have a little more wisdom than others (me).  The score prediction looks good to me.

Since it was mentioned more than once on this thread, "Why doesn't WO-S schedule teams like Navasota, Gilmer, Carthage...", let me respond. We (WO-S) were turned down by Carthage once before. Also, Kilgore turned us down last year after the Kilgore coach spoke with Surrat (Carthage HC) who told the Kilgore HC, "WO-S was the hardest hitting team he had ever played." Kilgore called back and said, "No, thanks." We were also turned away by Crosby recently. Just this week, Barbers Hill declined an invitation to play WO-S. In fact, BH said, "Never." These are facts straight from the horse's mouth. We were also turned down by Ozen this week. The Jasper game will likely not be renewed next year, so we have two holes to fill in the 2016 schedule - week 2 and week 5. WO-S has faced this scheduling dilemma every year as long as I can remember. There are at least two schools in the setx area who said "yes" to playing us, but their open dates and WO-S open dates don't line up, so this in another obstacle in the process. 

I'm not sure if Navasota has been contacted, but a little bird will be put into the ear of WO-S to see if that can happen. If anyone has contact with Navasota coaches, ask them if they will call WO-S to see if that game can happen. There are a few other teams outside of setx that we are aiming at. What's also interesting about the scheduling process is that no teams EVER call WO-S to try and schedule games. WO-S is always one initiating these scheduling calls.  

About this week's game...I expect it again to be low scoring and the winner to take it by no more than 10 points. 

Only non-district game I see WOS keeping on the schedule next year is LCM. Other than that I see a total different game schedule. I look forward to seeing them take Nederland off the scrimmage and putting them actually in a real game

That's exactly what is in the making. We will likely play Ned in week 0 next year. 

The Giddings matchup a few years back was fun to watch.

Yes it was. Not completely sure but think the logistics is what made that game go away. Halfway is just a bit too far IMO. Guess you have to try and save as much up front if you expect to make a long playoff run. Money gets tight.

Yeah, before you do that, remember a couple of things.  First, you are coming into my backyard.  Second, there are a lot of secrets buried along Goose Creek. Heh! Heh! Heh!

Goose Creek aint much of a creek anymore. Wos should be happy im going in Hogs gear: team I say will win has never lost when im in it. Yall can thank me later, at the La Grange game specifically. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

Realignment could change lot's of things for next year. WO-S could possibly be looking for less non-district games to fill if their district were to increase any.

Also, nobody knows what their open dates will be the next two years so those possible match ups still could happen.

And it's my understanding that the Silsbee/WO-S game will still be on the schedule for next two years.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

WOS takes this one in a hard fought battle! The offense is a well oiled machine with multiple weapons and the defense is playing down right nasty in a good way! 

Also what happens if WOS can't schedule games for the two weeks that will be opened next year. May have to go out of state 

lake Charles,la has some good teams same as sulpher