WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

PNG and Foster don't really have the same type numbers. PNG has 1400 and losing students, Foster has 2000 and might be 6A next alignment. They would probably beat PNG by 3 or 4 tds if they matched up this year. 

PNG is small, slow and finesse, Foster is big, fast and physical. PNG doesn't play the type game that wears WOS down, it's more like 7 on 7 with pads. While Foster does throw it a good bit they have their two backs healthy this year and will pound it with their big o-line. 

Very interested to see how WOS holds up. 

Well said Cougar 14.2, IMO our RB will cross each other's out. We have more than 2 that will cause them some problems. I believe we will hold our own against them and in the second half we make adjustment well.

Well said Cougar 14.2, IMO our RB will cross each other's out. We have more than 2 that will cause them some problems. I believe we will hold our own against them and in the second half we make adjustment well.

Running the ball is where I think WOS will struggle. They had 22 carries for 19 yards last year I think they're even more stout than last year. FB Marshall has even more athletes than WOS and just got shut out. Their qb is like 6-3/210lbs and committed to Michigan State as an athlete. He had 14 carries for -10 yards. Marshall's leading rusher had 20 carries for 52 yards. 

DT single-handedly kept WOS in it last year with 116 receiving yards and the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. With Foster being healthy and getting better qb play I think the advantage the have at the line of scrimmage will be much more pronounced. 

Running the ball is where I think WOS will struggle. They had 22 carries for 19 yards last year I think they're even more stout than last year. FB Marshall has even more athletes than WOS and just got shut out. Their qb is like 6-3/210lbs and committed to Michigan State as an athlete. He had 14 carries for -10 yards. Marshall's leading rusher had 20 carries for 52 yards. 

DT single-handedly kept WOS in it last year with 116 receiving yards and the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. With Foster being healthy and getting better qb play I think the advantage the have at the line of scrimmage will be much more pronounced. 

Hum I went looking for Foster and Marshall to see if they were in top 10, or 20 in state. I think we will be fine.

Class 5A
School Total Points Prv
1. Cedar Park (24) (3-0) 239 1

2. Crosby (3-0) 207 2
3. Richmond George Ranch (3-0) 196 3
4. Austin Vandegrift (1) (3-0) 161 4
5. Aledo (2-1) 126 6
6. Temple (2-1) 107 8
7. Mansfield Timberview (2-1) 69 10
8. Kerrville Tivy (3-0) 61 NR
9. Longview (2-1) 51 7
10. Fort Bend Elkins (3-0) 29 NR

Others receiving votes: 11, Ennis 22. 11, Mansfield Lake Ridge 22. 13, Waxahachie 19. 14, Lancaster 12. 14, Cedar Park Vista Ridge 12. 16, Houston Stratford 10. 18, Georgetown 9. 19, Mansfield Summit 7. 20, Georgetown East View 4. 21, Lufkin 1. 21, Canyon 1.

Hum I went looking for Foster and Marshall to see if they were in top 10, or 20 in state. I think we will be fine.

Class 5A
School Total Points Prv
1. Cedar Park (24) (3-0) 239 1

2. Crosby (3-0) 207 2
3. Richmond George Ranch (3-0) 196 3
4. Austin Vandegrift (1) (3-0) 161 4
5. Aledo (2-1) 126 6
6. Temple (2-1) 107 8
7. Mansfield Timberview (2-1) 69 10
8. Kerrville Tivy (3-0) 61 NR
9. Longview (2-1) 51 7
10. Fort Bend Elkins (3-0) 29 NR

Others receiving votes: 11, Ennis 22. 11, Mansfield Lake Ridge 22. 13, Waxahachie 19. 14, Lancaster 12. 14, Cedar Park Vista Ridge 12. 16, Houston Stratford 10. 18, Georgetown 9. 19, Mansfield Summit 7. 20, Georgetown East View 4. 21, Lufkin 1. 21, Canyon 1.

you basing it off a ranking??  Its Sunday, them hotwings ready in the kitchen yet? 

PNG and Foster don't really have the same type numbers. PNG has 1400 and losing students, Foster has 2000 and might be 6A next alignment. They would probably beat PNG by 3 or 4 tds if they matched up this year. 

PNG is small, slow and finesse, Foster is big, fast and physical. PNG doesn't play the type game that wears WOS down, it's more like 7 on 7 with pads. While Foster does throw it a good bit they have their two backs healthy this year and will pound it with their big o-line. 

Very interested to see how WOS holds up. 

Cougar, I've watched every game RF has played this year. Have you? Because what you describe and what I see are 2 different things. PNG offensive line is every bit as big. If not bigger than RF. and RF throws the ball about 70% of the time... 

Is this game being played in West Orange? Friday night George Ranch plays ( crushes ) Nuevo Leon at Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg.  If the game is Saturday or Thursday at Traylor, I just might go watch.

Good luck to the Stangs.  You get better by playing better teams.  Foster is "supposed to be" better than last year.  Picked by many to topple George Ranch of the District Championship hill.  From what I have seen from George Ranch, the Longhorns might be a little better than last years team.  GRHS plays Foster in two weeks to open district play.  Should be a dandy.  Last two GRHS vs Foster games Houston Rocket Dwight Howard (who lives in Rosenberg) showed up and sat with the GRHS students.  #GoodTimes 

Reflecting back on the game last year, their LB'ers were able to line up over the netural line and only got called for it once. They jump off sides alot and get away with it. Refs need to clean that up this year.

Exactly right, ladybug. They got away with it many times. The Foster defense was far and away the best D we saw all season. They were big and fast. In the first half especially, they blitzed their LBs on nearly every play. Remember, that was Jack Dallas' third or fourth start. It was a trial by fire to see a defense in his face like that. We had success early passing the ball, then again in the 4th Q. In between, which was the bulk of the game, we could not move the ball against them. They had speedy DBs to match our guys. I thought we made a mistake in not trying to give the ball to Teate more in the 2nd half. We got away from that totally, even after their LBs backed off the blitzes. This year, Jack Dallas is a year better with the experience. That young man just does not get rattled. It will be interesting to see if we can run against them this time. Foster has two big strong DTs. The one team who beat them (Houston Reagan) threw the ball on them plenty. With that, and knowing we have several good targets to throw to, I expect we may pass the ball more than rushing it. We were so close to beating them last year and almost did on that final play. Also, if Deionte holds on to that late near INT, he scores easily and we win it.

I didn't see anything on film that made me think Foster is better than their team from last season, but we'll see. At a minimum, I think they'll be equalIy good as last year. I anticipate another low scoring game.

And someone said that their RB was hurt last yr and he's healthy this yr. well the big RB I see running the ball this yr was one who ran it last yr. along with the little bowling ball. Another thing I remember was that they weren't moving the ball on us at all last yr until they started running that little misdirection option play (for lack of a better description) I have not seen that so far this yr. might be a less mobile QB or maybe because they haven't needed it but it was the only thing that worked for them against us.

also, I've read a comment about the shut out they got this week, but funny no one has mentioned the their defense gave up over 100 points in their first 3 games (34 points per game). Better than last yr???? 

Is this game being played in West Orange? Friday night George Ranch plays ( crushes ) Nuevo Leon at Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg.  If the game is Saturday or Thursday at Traylor, I just might go watch.

Good luck to the Stangs.  You get better by playing better teams.  Foster is "supposed to be" better than last year.  Picked by many to topple George Ranch of the District Championship hill.  From what I have seen from George Ranch, the Longhorns might be a little better than last years team.  GRHS plays Foster in two weeks to open district play.  Should be a dandy.  Last two GRHS vs Foster games Houston Rocket Dwight Howard (who lives in Rosenberg) showed up and sat with the GRHS students.  #GoodTimes 

this game is at Stallworth in Baytown, Saturday @ 6.

Exactly right, ladybug. They got away with it many times. The Foster defense was far and away the best D we saw all season. They were big and fast. In the first half especially, they blitzed their LBs on nearly every play. Remember, that was Jack Dallas' third or fourth start. It was a trial by fire to see a defense in his face like that. We had success early passing the ball, then again in the 4th Q. In between, which was the bulk of the game, we could not move the ball against them. They had speedy DBs to match our guys. I thought we made a mistake in not trying to give the ball to Teate more in the 2nd half. We got away from that totally, even after their LBs backed off the blitzes. This year, Jack Dallas is a year better with the experience. That young man just does not get rattled. It will be interesting to see if we can run against them this time. Foster has two big strong DTs. The one team who beat them (Houston Reagan) threw the ball on them plenty. With that, and knowing we have several good targets to throw to, I expect we may pass the ball more than rushing it. We were so close to beating them last year and almost did on that final play. Also, if Deionte holds on to that late near INT, he scores easily and we win it.

I didn't see anything on film that made me think Foster is better than their team from last season, but we'll see. At a minimum, I think they'll be equalIy good as last year. I anticipate another low scoring game.

Griff, I remember this game well RF was ranked# 8 in the state I believe and so were we. I sat there on those hard bleachers really irritated watching the referees miss calls on LB’er encroachments. I’m feeling good about our chances and OL is doing a nice job at protecting Jack.  

I know he got injured in png game,thought he came back in Newton ??? 

He actually came back the next week against Jasper. Played in the fourth quarter of Jasper game. He played the first possession of the PNG game then was injured. Missed the rest of that game and the next week against Jasper he didn't start but played in the fourth quarter. 

Cougar, I've watched every game RF has played this year. Have you? Because what you describe and what I see are 2 different things. PNG offensive line is every bit as big. If not bigger than RF. and RF throws the ball about 70% of the time... 

Yeah, Foster throws the ball 70% of the time but their starting qb has 112 pass attempts while their two running backs have 116 rushing attempts between them so far. Foster has run for 895 and thrown for 890. It's not an attack like PNG's where the numbers are skewed to the play selection. 

If you watch them play it makes me wonder how you think PNG and Foster are anywhere near equal at the line of scrimmage?