WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

Reflecting back on the game last year, their LB'ers were able to line up over the netural line and only got called for it once. They jump off sides alot and get away with it. Refs need to clean that up this year.

33 they beat us last year fair and square. If the refs didn't make the calls that means it wasn't a call to be made.  We lost because we didn't execute our game plan and Foster did.  

No doubt they beat us, but you will never hear me make excuses for a loss, but I do remember this game very well. They did last year line up in our grill the whole game. We ran out of fuel last year too, they got after Dallas alot I exxpect they will do the same this year.

Edited by ladybug33

Lots of respect to both teams, hopefully another good game with no injuries. I am sensing that from most of this thread that Foster has the advantage and not WOS. I may be wrong but it seems to me that we will have to play a near perfect game to win. Yes they are big and can field 3 teams if they wanted, but still we gave them a run for their money last year. I know we can win but I just sense from the posts that this team if just too big and too much depth in shear players. IMHO

Lots of respect to both teams, hopefully another good game with no injuries. I am sensing that from most of this thread that Foster has the advantage and not WOS. I may be wrong but it seems to me that we will have to play a near perfect game to win. Yes they are big and can field 3 teams if they wanted, but still we gave them a run for their money last year. I know we can win but I just sense from the posts that this team if just too big and too much depth in shear players. IMHO

size and depth do matter. However, WOS is always outsized and outnumbered. The big question is do they have the heart like WOS does to go along.

Heart goes to both teams. It comes down to who wants it more and who plays smart the entire game. I just hope both teams leave without any injuries. WOS can ill afford any major injuries. I know WOS can win but if we do lose than so be it. I do believe you learn more when you lose then when you keep winning all time. Go STANGS.

I'm already sensing something that needs to be addressed right now. You play 11 at a time. Period. We should have won that game last yr and were one play away from winning it. There are no moral victories. If we do lose then we lose and we need to take like any other loss we've ever had. Learn from it anD get better. Last year I felt like we got satisfied with a close loss and I feel like it's what got us beat against Newton. So, again, they can't put those 3000 kids on the field. Only 11, we need to go into this game expecting to win just like we did against Silsbee.

Edited by Gasilla

I'm already sensing something that needs to be addressed right now. You play 11 at a time. Period. We should have won that game last yr and were one play away from winning it. There are no moral victories. If we do lose then we lose and we need to take like any other loss we've ever had. Learn from it anD get better. Last year I felt like we got satisfied with a close loss and I feel like it's what got us beat against Newton. So, again, they can't put those 3000 kids on the field. Only 11, we need to go into this game expecting to win just like we did against Silsbee.

exactly! I'm sensing some already preparing for a loss. They are a good team but so are we. Going to watch some film to see what's up but remember, we have already beat a team with similar numbers and size in PNG. And if anyone hasn't noticed, PNG is a very good football team. I honestly believe we will win this game. This team is a bunch of believers with a chip on their shoulder. That's very dangerous.

The lost I’m referring to occured last year. This is a new year and I will still never make excuses for a lost if any this year. That game was a hard fought game that we almost won, mentally we gave it all we had. Having said that for every 10 calls the refs. made right in that game they missed 5. Their outside LB were rushing up to the line off sides. If I recall he wore # 45 last year I’m not sure if he has moved on or not, but this young man got away with a lot. This team has a lot of respect for WOS, they said as much ”they will remember that team”.  I say bring what we did in Silsbee, and if their LB rush at Dallas, Rush theirs. Go Stangs

exactly! I'm sensing some already preparing for a loss. They are a good team but so are we. Going to watch some film to see what's up but remember, we have already beat a team with similar numbers and size in PNG. And if anyone hasn't noticed, PNG is a very good football team. I honestly believe we will win this game. This team is a bunch of believers with a chip on their shoulder. That's very dangerous.

PNG and Foster don't really have the same type numbers. PNG has 1400 and losing students, Foster has 2000 and might be 6A next alignment. They would probably beat PNG by 3 or 4 tds if they matched up this year. 

PNG is small, slow and finesse, Foster is big, fast and physical. PNG doesn't play the type game that wears WOS down, it's more like 7 on 7 with pads. While Foster does throw it a good bit they have their two backs healthy this year and will pound it with their big o-line. 

Very interested to see how WOS holds up.