SO full of sick and disgust!!!!!!!!!!!!

prepballfan

As I read of another officer shot in Arizona this time. I read of officers being denied food at fast food restraunts. I read all of these abosolutely 100%disgusting stories against the very people who is risking their lives everyday for us. WHat is happening to us as a country. You do not get to or stay at being the kind of country we are by lacking respect for the authorities. This goes back to generations of kids raised not to respect authorities. We need to raise the cost of crimes against officers across the board. Period. We need to punish those people very harshly. They leave little room as to the status of wheather they have redeaming values.

As I read of another officer shot in Arizona this time. I read of officers being denied food at fast food restraunts. I read all of these abosolutely 100%disgusting stories against the very people who is risking their lives everyday for us. WHat is happening to us as a country. You do not get to or stay at being the kind of country we are by lacking respect for the authorities. This goes back to generations of kids raised not to respect authorities. We need to raise the cost of crimes against officers across the board. Period. We need to punish those people very harshly. They leave little room as to the status of wheather they have redeaming values.

LACK OF  PARENTING primarily.  I see it all the time up close. 

Law Enforcement are underpaid for what they do.  Its amazing how entertainment people....make millions for a film, scoring a touchdown, dunking a basketball, fashion, etc, but our first responders as well as teachers make pennies.  The most important people make less.....backwards society in my opinion

When I went to school, we still had morning prayers.  Although my family weren't churchgoers it didn't bother me.  I'm at a loss to think of ONE positive thing that resulted from taking prayer out of school.  I could make a long list of bad things since. 

Not saying that's the cause of actions like this, but that was the first big chip out of the nations morals.  and that's the way the left works, a chip at a time.  Smh

When I went to school, we still had morning prayers.  Although my family weren't churchgoers it didn't bother me.  I'm at a loss to think of ONE positive thing that resulted from taking prayer out of school.  I could make a long list of bad things since. 

Not saying that's the cause of actions like this, but that was the first big chip out of the nations morals.  and that's the way the left works, a chip at a time.  Smh

I was in 4th grade.....1962. We have deteriorated since then but not nearly as fast as the last 8 years. When Obama intervened in the police vs. the professor and asked both to the White House, that was the beginning of the end of respect for the law and enforcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you willing to have a Christian prayer along with a Moslem prayer? I'm just asking a question.

I was in 4th grade.....1962. We have deteriorated since then but not nearly as fast as the last 8 years. When Obama intervened in the police vs. the professor and asked both to the White House, that was the beginning of the end of respect for the law and enforcement.

You've been living in the wrong neighborhood. Respect works both ways. Social media is in control now. Its more reporting now on whats been going on for more than a 100 years.

Are you willing to have a Christian prayer along with a Moslem prayer? I'm just asking a question.

Dove, does that mean we should offer a prayer for every religion in existence so we can make sure nobody is "offended"?  Or is it ok to offer a Christian prayer simply because Christian values are the basic building blocks of this countrys foundation?

Edited by stevenash

Since neither one is allow, doesn't matter much.  I do still remember what our Priest said once.  "So many concerned about prayer in school.  What should concern us all is how much prayer in our homes."  Thought that was profound. 

LACK OF  PARENTING primarily.  I see it all the time up close. 

Law Enforcement are underpaid for what they do.  Its amazing how entertainment people....make millions for a film, scoring a touchdown, dunking a basketball, fashion, etc, but our first responders as well as teachers make pennies.  The most important people make less.....backwards society in my opinion

If 90,000 people packed into a stadium and paid to watch me interview a witness or if they put it on video and 10 million people paid to watch it, I might make a lot more money. Me writing a $125 citation or talking to a victim doesn't drag in quite the same money as Payton Manning. Until then...........

Edited by tvc184

You've been living in the wrong neighborhood. Respect works both ways. Social media is in control now. Its more reporting now on whats been going on for more than a 100 years.

black on black crime has never been at the forefront of the media and still isn't.  Its all about racism cause that's what gets viewers. Singing " AH AH ah ah  STAYING ALIVE STAYING ALIVE"

And im not saying their isn't racism.

It is more like propaganda was formally used almost exclusively by governments but now with social media, every individual can get in the act. 

No, this is not a Muslim country.  This country was founded on Christian principles, not the debauchery we have now. 

I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799

The only principals this country was founded on were those of individual liberty. The founding fathers were not evangelicals, and they made it a primary focus of the constitution to ensure that no religion was promoted over another by the government. This is simple historical fact, despite outright lies to the contrary. Think about if for a second...if the founding fathers were evangelical Christians who honestly the believed that to save themselves from hell people had to accept Jesus as a personal savior, don't you think they would have mentioned him somewhere? 

As is stands, the only references to any kind of supernatural power are vague mentions of a "creator"..that's it. 

Now...if you want to take a position that supports philosophically based character education into schools, I'm with you on that, no need for a religious slant, thinks like kindness, loyalty, empathy, and self-discipline don't require religious backing to be taught to children as basic human principals. 

The only places where these kinds of lessons are taught in public schools are on the courts and fields of athletic competition. Which is why it is so critical that people like us continue to support these teams and encourage young people to be a part of them. 

I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799

The only principals this country was founded on were those of individual liberty. The founding fathers were not evangelicals, and they made it a primary focus of the constitution to ensure that no religion was promoted over another by the government. This is simple historical fact, despite outright lies to the contrary. Think about if for a second...if the founding fathers were evangelical Christians who honestly the believed that to save themselves from hell people had to accept Jesus as a personal savior, don't you think they would have mentioned him somewhere? 

As is stands, the only references to any kind of supernatural power are vague mentions of a "creator"..that's it. 

Now...if you want to take a position that supports philosophically based character education into schools, I'm with you on that, no need for a religious slant, thinks like kindness, loyalty, empathy, and self-discipline don't require religious backing to be taught to children as basic human principals. 

The only places where these kinds of lessons are taught in public schools are on the courts and fields of athletic competition. Which is why it is so critical that people like us continue to support these teams and encourage young people to be a part of them. 

No they would not. They cannot write a document that speaks of personal freedom and then say.... "As long as you agree with my ideas". 

I believe that they were intelligent beyond what many or most people today can comprehend. With freedom comes the belief that we can have a disagreement in lifestyles. I believe they saw that and documented it. Even when you say that they were vague about the "creator", if you take them for their words then they agreed that there was a creator and therefore not atheists that believe that is no creator. 

If 90,000 people packed into a stadium and paid to watch me interview a witness or if they put it on video and 10 million people paid to watch it, I might make a lot more money. Me writing a $125 citation or talking to a victim doesn't drag in quite the same money as Payton Manning. Until then...........

police, firemen, military, emt's, nurses, and teachers are all underpaid. It's is saddening to think they want to pay a fast food worker more money than a person who is trained in the art of saving lives. Paid better than an entry level police officer or fireman. Paramedics make less than that and they are topped out not much more than 15 bucks

police, firemen, military, emt's, nurses, and teachers are all underpaid. It's is saddening to think they want to pay a fast food worker more money than a person who is trained in the art of saving lives. Paid better than an entry level police officer or fireman. Paramedics make less than that and they are topped out not much more than 15 bucks

Entry level police officers don't make that bad. The other professions? Maybe. 

I think out of teachers, firefighters, military and medics, the police are far out in front. In the Golden Triangle area, the three largest police agencies start out at about $55K+ by the end of the first year. That is with a GED and less than 5 months in the police academy. In this area a patrolman (equal to roughly a military private) tops out at about $75K base with incentives on top of that. I think PAPD starts out of the academy at about $25.50 per hour and BPD starts at about $26.50. The next step/rank up, sergeants, makes $84-$90K base w/incentives (longevity/certificates/shift differential) and that does not including overtime. 

EMTs/Paramedics are the ones that take a beating.