Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

Needless to say, I'm behind the Dogs on this one.  Got two tips for Ned.  First, after the Bulldog fight song, have band play Vidor's.   Second, and most important, convince Ned players they're playing Vidor.  Will guarantee a win.  Go Dogs!

lmao

Funny how its always the team with the swag and bravado that has the fans that need to show class and always the team that takes the beat down and their fans really showed some class. In fact, the main reason I sat back so long and read the SETX garbage about Crosby and how they've been attacked thru the years, is why I'm having a field day destroying you people that brought all this hype on yourself. You ALL have made your bed so now is the time to sleep in it while Crosby becomes a Div I factory. Call it what you may, but remember it's "you people" that provoked this Crosby onslaught so suck in that bottom lip and deal with it. Crosby is gonna be relevant for a looooong time.... #cctakeover... Tick tock, Nederland, tick tock...

There is a big difference between swag and bravado and just plain  being an a$$hat. The latter is exactly what you are doing. If that makes you feel good then by all means carry on!

godawggoCould not have said this any better! Neumann gets every ounce of talent out of the hand he is dealt and always manages to come out looking good!

We'll see how good he manages to look after this beatdown. Go ahead and put this comment in the week zero excuses under the hand he is dealt category, better yet put it in the no one wants to live in good ol' Nederland so the talent pool is what it is...by all means carry on underwear, that is what an a$$hat is right?? 

Ok, so keep this a secret, but a friend of my friend that knows a girl that went to school with the manager at the DG in Cut N Shoot, said he went to school with his aunt/sister, who babysat a kid when she was in New Caney. She had a Crosby Gazette from back in the 70s, and she said this is Plus1 as a child... Its all coming together now......... We all Love you Plus1................. Its all coming together............

untitled.png

playing against speedy teams is nothing new to Ned, they  just scrimmaged one team and have two in district.  

WOS has some fast players but I wouldn't really equate them to a fast 5A team that has close to three times the enrollment. When you have as many kids as they do play both ways a lot of that speed gets negated due to fatigue, 

As far as Central and Ozen I think there's two things. One, neither plays at the tempo will this year allowing teams to get their defense reset. Two, they're not  as well coached so the players have to react slower. In individual situation both teams have players that can fly, but when I saw Central play King last year the very last thing I would have said is that Central was fast.

I'm not saying Crosby is Fort Bend Marshall fast but Nederland is definitely going to struggle containing Crosby on the edges from what I've seen during the scrimmages. Willis probably has more team speed than Ned and they knew all Crosby was doing was running screens and still couldn't stop it. We'll just have to see in a few days what Ned can do with it?

WOS has some fast players but I wouldn't really equate them to a fast 5A team that has close to three times the enrollment. When you have as many kids as they do play both ways a lot of that speed gets negated due to fatigue, 

As far as Central and Ozen I think there's two things. One, neither plays at the tempo will this year allowing teams to get their defense reset. Two, they're not  as well coached so the players have to react slower. In individual situation both teams have players that can fly, but when I saw Central play King last year the very last thing I would have said is that Central was fast.

I'm not saying Crosby is Fort Bend Marshall fast but Nederland is definitely going to struggle containing Crosby on the edges from what I've seen during the scrimmages. Willis probably has more team speed than Ned and they knew all Crosby was doing was running screens and still couldn't stop it. We'll just have to see in a few days what Ned can do with it?

LOL, care to compare WOS's overall record vs Crosby's?  They have a SC in 5A when it was the biggest division and have always had fast teams. Not to mention the number of players in the NFL.  They may eventually wear out in a full season against 5A teams but a for one game they can probably match most teams as far as speed goes.

Each level of football is totally different. WOS  is unique in the fact they can compete at higher levels (5A).. Key word is compete. The difference from 6A to 5A is phenominal, as well as 5A to 4A... The lower levels (3a and down) usually have a stud or two and thats all they need. That being said WOS is a 1%er in 4A... Just plain dominate.. So that being said, they have tons of team speed, and what helps them is that they have always been well coached.... So being a top 1%er allows them to compete and beat average 5A teams.... My honest opinion, is that WOS can matchup speed wise with almost anyone in 4 or 5A..That doesnt relegate to winning, because they might lack, depth, size, and skill.. But IMO, i have scrimmaged or watched WOS for the last 10 years, and speed wise.. They can go.. Thats why scrimmaging them helps all of us average 5A teams... Crosby may well have the same type of speed, but the difference is more than likely speed, plus size, plus depth, and ultimately thats what will win a game for you.......

godawggoCould not have said this any better! Neumann gets every ounce of talent out of the hand he is dealt and always manages to come out looking good!

We'll see how good he manages to look after this beatdown. Go ahead and put this comment in the week zero excuses under the hand he is dealt category, better yet put it in the no one wants to live in good ol' Nederland so the talent pool is what it is...by all means carry on underwear, that is what an a$$hat is right?? 

Just calling it like I see it. At least 95% of your posts on this thread are just plain rude, so an a$$ hat is what you are. I bet you make the Crosby community real proud!

Oh yeah Dogs 38 Crosby 35 ! Y'all will score , our young "  D "is a work in progress . Thing is I don't think you can handle our "O" line and we got speed  and air mail too . So lookin for a good one .. .

If your "D" is a work in progress against our "O" that's in mid-season form you're probably looking at a 50 or 60 number, not 35. Your O-line may be good but our D-line practices against what's probably the best 5A offensive line in the region, maybe even the state. I'm sure they'll be able to handle whatever Nederland fields. Throw it if you want to though, I'm sure Pickney and Perry presence will be felt if Ned decides to go that route.