Congress Votes To Ban Confed Flag

BS Wildcats

I demand that Cracker Barrel change its name.

Lol durn skippy. 

But your tongue in cheek posting exemplifies what I've mentioned several times - you shouldn't change history/ban historical things, just because a certain segment of society doesn't like it, or is offended.  I honestly wish we had NEVER had slavery.  It's embarrassing to me as a human being, as is the atrocities commited by the fanatical Nazi's.  Polpot's (sp?) killing fields.  As a spicies, humans have done countless terrible things.  Shouldn't make them go away.  Learn from it. 

Once again, this flag thing is going to far.  Ok SC took it down.  NOW:  No longer allowed in Govt Cementaries. Stores no longer selling Flag.  Dukes taken off TV.  Video games of CIvil War no longer being sold.  WANTED: Removing bodies of buried Con. soldiers.  Removal of statues.  Renaming of Military bases, schools, towns, Etc etc etc.   There's no end to it.

I'm not sure all the liberals understand what I've been saying about this flag issue (Praise The Lord, some do).  Let me use this analogy to clear things up: 

You go to conservative Dr with a Pre-cancerous lesion on your arm.  He freezes/burns it off and tells you to come back in 6 months.  

Same problem & you go to a liberal Dr.  He cuts your arm off.  Schedules you back in a few days to cut your other arm off & wants you back a week later to start whacking your legs.  

THAT is an illustration of what this flag deal has come too.  SMH

Thank God I've never had to go through the VA, but as a veteran, I can't begin to tell you how the miss management, and patient abuse of those facilities urinates me off.  Gotta stop on this before my ticker gives out. 

Who is angry? You answered nothing as usual. Let me change MLK avenue to Steven F. Austin Drive, or Willie Ray Smith middle school back to Bowie Jr. High and let's hear you whine. Still not angry, just confused.

Like I said, we will still be constantly reminded of the slave days, with or without a flag.....so what big difference did this really make. You can't and won't answer that because it has no value.

So,  what does a flag mean?  Was that the question? So when it comes to a moral victory for a race other than yours,  it's no big deal.  Another basic historical principle practiced by many in this country.  To minimize any positive steps made by People of Color. So,  I guess the flag raised at Ima Jima  had no significant value? So,  I guess the flag taken down in Iraq had no value to many of you?  What is a flag? You guys kill me with your blinded bias ways. 

So,  what does a flag mean?  Was that the question? So when it comes to a moral victory for a race other than yours,  it's no big deal.  Another basic historical principle practiced by many in this country.  To minimize any positive steps made by People of Color. So,  I guess the flag raised at Ima Jima  had no significant value? So,  I guess the flag taken down in Iraq had no value to many of you?  What is a flag? You guys kill me with your blinded bias ways. 

Bias flows two ways

​You should if its on govt. property.

In 2015 it's beyond hilarious and scary that all can't agree that a confederate battle flag should not be hung on Capitol buildings. Or anywhere other than your own property. We talking bout sensitivity and moral victories.  Why pretend makes excuses the flag is a sign of hatered and prejudice. That like saying a nazi banner isn't racists. Can a flag change anything no. but that's a poor reason to kept it flying. Not all history is good history. Shouldn't be forgotten but shouldn't be flown with pride as if they were just wonderful people. 

In 2015 it's beyond hilarious and scary that all can't agree that a confederate battle flag should not be hung on Capitol buildings. Or anywhere other than your own property. We talking bout sensitivity and moral victories.  Why pretend makes excuses the flag is a sign of hatered and prejudice. That like saying a nazi banner isn't racists. Can a flag change anything no. but that's a poor reason to kept it flying. Not all history is good history. Shouldn't be forgotten but shouldn't be flown with pride as if they were just wonderful people. 

​It amazes me that it is 2015 and  everyone continues to make reference to the Confederate Battle Flag being hung from the Capital Building.  That flag was removed from the Capital building in 2000 (15 YEARS ago)......it was moved to a WAR MEMORIAL on the same property. I imagine it was a slap in the face to those who's ancestors fought for States Rights..... 

​You should if its on govt. property.

Capitol buildings 

​It amazes me that it is 2015 and  everyone continues to make reference to the Confederate Battle Flag being hung from the Capital Building.  That flag was removed from the Capital building in 2000 (15 YEARS ago)......it was moved to a WAR MEMORIAL on the same property. I imagine it was a slap in the face to those who's ancestors fought for States Rights..... 

What difference it makes.

The Iwo Jima flag was raised during battle as a courageous gesture for victory. The Sadaam Insane statue and flag were destroyed during wartime by their own people. The Confederate flag was never trod upon for centuries (until now) because it represented a difference of opinion in this great country. Difference of opinion is what we are having now. You cannot see a difference? Then you are not American.

One of the most heinous memorials is the Auschwitz death camp. It stands as a reminder to what it means to murder 6,000,000 people.....yet, there it is. It is still visited by survivors and, as far as I know, has never been put to a vote to be removed. I guess the Germans and Jews have a different way of remembering.

The Iwo Jima flag was raised during battle as a courageous gesture for victory. The Sadaam Insane statue and flag were destroyed during wartime by their own people. The Confederate flag was never trod upon for centuries (until now) because it represented a difference of opinion in this great country. Difference of opinion is what we are having now. You cannot see a difference? Then you are not American.

One of the most heinous memorials is the Auschwitz death camp. It stands as a reminder to what it means to murder 6,000,000 people.....yet, there it is. It is still visited by survivors and, as far as I know, has never been put to a vote to be removed. I guess the Germans and Jews have a different way of remembering.

That's the way it should be in a museum or or battleground area not flow on public buildings. I doubt the nazi flag is flown at government buildings.  So yes they do have a different way of remembering.

Also doubt they have hitler elementary middle and high schools.

Of course not, but Hitler was one of the worst mass murderers in history. Confederates were not murderers. Confederates were rebels like the ones who founded this country. If not for rebels, you nor I would be here.

i think you are trying to compare apples to oranges.

Rebels with a righteous call....is Isis not rebels.

I would characterize ISIS as fanatics, as the Nazi's were, not Rebels.  English/American Rebels who fought our Revolution, nor the American/Confederate Rebels who fought for the South, slaughtered women, children, and non-combatants by the thousands, as the Nazis did & ISIS is doing.  

Rebels?  No, members of ISIS are not rebels.  Not even based on the dictionary definition. 

Black women babies and men not killed raped hung in good old south.

From what I read of the History of the Civil War, the Confederate soldiers were to busy fighting and dying to commit the atrocities you're referring to.  I'm certainly not proud of what many slave owners did, or had done, but the average Confederate soldier was (and I know you've heard this before & will probably blow it off) a relatively poor (what would be described now as trash) man who answered the call for the South, or perhaps drafted into service.  He didnt own slaves, nor a pot to pee in or window to throw it out of.  Like the hundreds of thousands of boys sent to fight in Viet Nam - to stop the "domino effect" (commies will get VNam then Australia, then U.S.).  I was in the Army then.  Fortunately, had orders to go & they got cancelled.  Hell, we didn't know a commie from a Canadian.  If someone mentioned Stalin, we may have heard his name that's it.  Our country called and we got sent where  they wanted us to go.  And almost 60,000 died there, many boys I'd gone to school with.  And like the Civil War, most were the poorer young men, not the rich.

That's the same as happened to the Confederate soldier.  

One last thing Pam, I'm not sure but I'd guess slavery started in America just prior to 1700.  So slaves were subjected to unimaginable cruelties for a hundred & sixty years prior to the War.  That war lasted four years and as you know, hundreds of thousands died.  Very few slave owners, they had money.  So in that 165 years of slavery, that flag, that meant so much to so many men, innocent of the sins of slavery, was only around 4 years.  And those 250,000 men that died, many did in as terrible a way as any slave.  

I don't care about slave owners except to say I hope they rot in hell.  But for all those innocent young men who died, I care for them, just as you care for yours.  

Don't know what else I can tell ya.  We both have TO MUCH to morn, but I'm reaching to you hard as I can. I know your pain, I'm just trying in a sincere way, to explain mine.  

From what I read of the History of the Civil War, the Confederate soldiers were to busy fighting and dying to commit the atrocities you're referring to.  I'm certainly not proud of what many slave owners did, or had done, but the average Confederate soldier was (and I know you've heard this before & will probably blow it off) a relatively poor (what would be described now as trash) man who answered the call for the South, or perhaps drafted into service.  He didnt own slaves, nor a pot to pee in or window to throw it out of.  Like the hundreds of thousands of boys sent to fight in Viet Nam - to stop the "domino effect" (commies will get VNam then Australia, then U.S.).  I was in the Army then.  Fortunately, had orders to go & they got cancelled.  Hell, we didn't know a commie from a Canadian.  If someone mentioned Stalin, we may have heard his name that's it.  Our country called and we got sent where  they wanted us to go.  And almost 60,000 died there, many boys I'd gone to school with.  And like the Civil War, most were the poorer young men, not the rich.

That's the same as happened to the Confederate soldier.  

One last thing Pam, I'm not sure but I'd guess slavery started in America just prior to 1700.  So slaves were subjected to unimaginable cruelties for a hundred & sixty years prior to the War.  That war lasted four years and as you know, hundreds of thousands died.  Very few slave owners, they had money.  So in that 165 years of slavery, that flag, that meant so much to so many men, innocent of the sins of slavery, was only around 4 years.  And those 250,000 men that died, many did in as terrible a way as any slave.  

I don't care about slave owners except to say I hope they rot in hell.  But for all those innocent young men who died, I care for them, just as you care for yours.  

Don't know what else I can tell ya.  We both have TO MUCH to morn, but I'm reaching to you hard as I can. I know your pain, I'm just trying in a sincere way, to explain mine.  

​you seem to see both sides, glad you on here. Most see only one way and show their true colors. Thx. 

Like I told Hoop, never done this before​ and I want to enjoy it.  Perfect world, I'd like to make a point and get a chuckle.  Unfortunately, Pam's concern didn't leave room for humor, and I wanted to express sympathy plus convey to him what that flag & the sacrifice those boys made mean to me & a few old codgers left.

thxs to you guys for putting up with me thru the first. Not puter savy & only have Ip4.  Got to get a pad. Be retiring end of year PTL