Congress Votes To Ban Confed Flag

BS Wildcats

The South Carolina secession convention’s final and authoritative statement was published on Christmas Eve, 1860. It concerned itself entirely and exclusively with slaverynot tariffs or abstract principles. Another reason why the flag is associated with these terrorist , then & now.

Name calling Presidents is like hollering at Officials at a football or basketball game.  It's a time honored tradition.  I've heard them called a lots worse than traitor or Muslim.  

I'm with you:  Let's agree to disagree.  It's the way things are.  Move on to other topics, like I heard this morning the Cowboys may lose Dez Bryant. 

​As usual, go ahead and try to minimize the issue. You dare think its all comparable to a sporting event? I wonder how long it took you to realize that MLK Holiday was for all people, and not just a Black holiday, as most of you people felt?

Edited by BLUEDOVE3

​As usual, go ahead and try to minimize the issue. You dare think its all comparable to a sporting event? I wonder how long it took you to realize that MLK Holiday was for all people, and not just a Black holiday?

​Dove- DId you ever call President Bush a bad/disrespectful name?

​As usual, go ahead and try to minimize the issue. You dare think its all comparable to a sporting event? I wonder how long it took you to realize that MLK Holiday was for all people, and not just a Black holiday, as most of you people felt?

​But to this day you have stated there are "white" holidays. What's the difference?

Seems a bit two faced.

Lets not start the presidency thing.  Cause we all know that eventually we ll have an Obama Holiday along with being able to marry your dog, donkey, pig, etc.  Even pedophiles will have rights that they don't have now.  And I am being serious about what I just mentioned....

I could care less about this issue...there is bigger problems in this country.

that flag killed a bunch of people....  Similar to guns killing people isnt that right liberals.

Edited by 5GallonBucket

We can all agree that slavery was a terrible human act.  my goodness there is bigger fish to fry than a dang flag.....

You must be very proud that we all get the day off for MLK.....its the only day that most get off for a single man other than Jesus Christ(Christmas and Easter).....

​I'm sure yall will agree that we all  live off certain principles everyday. Some of us have principles that are traditional, historical, & spiritually  connected to our past, present & future. In so many words, you are saying get over it. Please do not minimize our principles. There is a history in this country of certain people minimizing the contributions towards its so-called minority citizens.  I respectfully don't care if you have your flag on your truck, golf cart, or museum. Not on public /govt. property. So yes, the flag is a BIG-G-G-G issue to many of us from different races.

Answer me this question: Why should I be very proud to get a day off @ MLK ? And to answer your question, yes I am very proud and happy to get  that holiday.  Aren't you proud to have that day off as well? I guess you forgot Christopher Columbus is a federal holiday. But its kinda like MLK Day, some observe it and some don't.

Schools don't get Columbus day off.

Im not trying to minimize the contributions of minority leaders.  I am very grateful for their contributions especially MLK.  I understand your views of the flag, but I also understand the views of the other side. (not the racist kkk member that flies the Confed. Flag.....also the kkk fly the American FLag as well).  The history of the flag. 

We need good minority LEADERS.  We need Character driven leaders especially MEN of all races.  

Schools don't get Columbus day off.

Im not trying to minimize the contributions of minority leaders.  I am very grateful for their contributions especially MLK.  I understand your views of the flag, but I also understand the views of the other side. (not the racist kkk member that flies the Confed. Flag.....also the kkk fly the American FLag as well).  The history of the flag. 

We need good minority LEADERS.  We need Character driven leaders especially MEN of all races.  

​So, it sounds like we agree on ??? Well, hold on a minute! I agree its okay to fly the confed flag OTHER than public facilities. 

So, do you agree that these flags should be flown at their respective state capitols? And if so, why?

​I'm sure yall will agree that we all  live off certain principles everyday. Some of us have principles that are traditional, historical, & spiritually  connected to our past, present & future. In so many words, you are saying get over it. Please do not minimize our principles. There is a history in this country of certain people minimizing the contributions towards its so-called minority citizens.  I respectfully don't care if you have your flag on your truck, golf cart, or museum. Not on public /govt. property. So yes, the flag is a BIG-G-G-G issue to many of us from different races.

Answer me this question: Why should I be very proud to get a day off @ MLK ? And to answer your question, yes I am very proud and happy to get  that holiday.  Aren't you proud to have that day off as well? I guess you forgot Christopher Columbus is a federal holiday. But its kinda like MLK Day, some observe it and some don't.

​I have a problem when your feelings start messing with my feelings. Because you happen to feel differently about the flag than I do, it has to come down? What about my rights?

This was a knee jerk reaction and will loose momentum soon.