Congress Votes To Ban Confed Flag

BS Wildcats

​thank you....

The problem is no matter what point I bring up or link I post......if it does not say Slavery was the main cause of the Civil War, it won't be correct. 

You're right, and I honestly feel that if the flag had not used as a symbol by the KKK and other hate groups, we would not be having these discussions.

From what I read of the History of the Civil War, the Confederate soldiers were to busy fighting and dying to commit the atrocities you're referring to.  I'm certainly not proud of what many slave owners did, or had done, but the average Confederate soldier was (and I know you've heard this before & will probably blow it off) a relatively poor (what would be described now as trash) man who answered the call for the South, or perhaps drafted into service.  He didnt own slaves, nor a pot to pee in or window to throw it out of.  Like the hundreds of thousands of boys sent to fight in Viet Nam - to stop the "domino effect" (commies will get VNam then Australia, then U.S.).  I was in the Army then.  Fortunately, had orders to go & they got cancelled.  Hell, we didn't know a commie from a Canadian.  If someone mentioned Stalin, we may have heard his name that's it.  Our country called and we got sent where  they wanted us to go.  And almost 60,000 died there, many boys I'd gone to school with.  And like the Civil War, most were the poorer young men, not the rich.

That's the same as happened to the Confederate soldier.  

One last thing Pam, I'm not sure but I'd guess slavery started in America just prior to 1700.  So slaves were subjected to unimaginable cruelties for a hundred & sixty years prior to the War.  That war lasted four years and as you know, hundreds of thousands died.  Very few slave owners, they had money.  So in that 165 years of slavery, that flag, that meant so much to so many men, innocent of the sins of slavery, was only around 4 years.  And those 250,000 men that died, many did in as terrible a way as any slave.  

I don't care about slave owners except to say I hope they rot in hell.  But for all those innocent young men who died, I care for them, just as you care for yours.  

Don't know what else I can tell ya.  We both have TO MUCH to morn, but I'm reaching to you hard as I can. I know your pain, I'm just trying in a sincere way, to explain mine.  

From what I read of the History of the Civil War, the Confederate soldiers were to busy fighting and dying to commit the atrocities you're referring to.  I'm certainly not proud of what many slave owners did, or had done, but the average Confederate soldier was (and I know you've heard this before & will probably blow it off) a relatively poor (what would be described now as trash) man who answered the call for the South, or perhaps drafted into service.  He didnt own slaves, nor a pot to pee in or window to throw it out of.  Like the hundreds of thousands of boys sent to fight in Viet Nam - to stop the "domino effect" (commies will get VNam then Australia, then U.S.).  I was in the Army then.  Fortunately, had orders to go & they got cancelled.  Hell, we didn't know a commie from a Canadian.  If someone mentioned Stalin, we may have heard his name that's it.  Our country called and we got sent where  they wanted us to go.  And almost 60,000 died there, many boys I'd gone to school with.  And like the Civil War, most were the poorer young men, not the rich.

That's the same as happened to the Confederate soldier.  

One last thing Pam, I'm not sure but I'd guess slavery started in America just prior to 1700.  So slaves were subjected to unimaginable cruelties for a hundred & sixty years prior to the War.  That war lasted four years and as you know, hundreds of thousands died.  Very few slave owners, they had money.  So in that 165 years of slavery, that flag, that meant so much to so many men, innocent of the sins of slavery, was only around 4 years.  And those 250,000 men that died, many did in as terrible a way as any slave.  

I don't care about slave owners except to say I hope they rot in hell.  But for all those innocent young men who died, I care for them, just as you care for yours.  

Don't know what else I can tell ya.  We both have TO MUCH to morn, but I'm reaching to you hard as I can. I know your pain, I'm just trying in a sincere way, to explain mine.  

OK regardless of how the war started regard the slaves regard what will it change . Should we be honoring traitors. That what It come down to I have yet to hear a argument for that. If the flag is racist or not why hang the flag of traitors to this nation. On public buildings .

OK regardless of how the war started regard the slaves regard what will it change . Should we be honoring traitors. That what It come down to I have yet to hear a argument for that. If the flag is racist or not why hang the flag of traitors to this nation. On public buildings .

​So Evadale ISD should remove the flag from their schools?

​Maybe that's why we have Black History Month, White History Months, Hispanic History, etc.

Everyone with their own personal take on history.

What a great country we live in!!!

​Very good observation to recognize that we do have those events in place  for a multi-cultural society.

​thank you....

The problem is no matter what point I bring up or link I post......if it does not say Slavery was the main cause of the Civil War, it won't be correct. 

​And I bring you the same proof from the very people who participated say otherwise. Again, Jefferson Davis' VP says it.

​tHEY AVOID THE QUESTION.

​That is not going to happen.....

They made a stand.

Letting my Son attend that school was one of the best choices I have made!

​Schools like Evadale will ignore the flag controversy like similar schools did when MLK became an official holiday. Man, there some mad people back then also. But without without a significant population of People of Color, schools such as Evadale will not give in. But thats why Evadale is Evadale.

​Schools like Evadale will ignore the flag controversy like similar schools did when MLK became an official holiday. Man, there some mad people back then also. But without without a significant population of People of Color, schools such as Evadale will not give in. But thats why Evadale is Evadale.

​And what is Evadale to you?

​And what is Evadale to you?

​I have to jump in......

What Evadale is to me is a school with a long loyal history that will not be taken from them easily. One small enough it can teach character to each student......

Story:  My Son was on the Basketball team and at one of their games, because of the score, they let their weakest player play almost the last half of the game. This kid had never scored the entire year. He was fouled and had 2 free throws.....He made one......the entire team ran and picked him up and celebrated......The Evadale side of the stands all stood up and cheered. 

After the game, my Son looked at me and asked if I thought the celebration was cool. I agreed and he said that would have never happened at his old School........and he was probably right.

They also say prayers.....

Edited by thetragichippy

​I have to jump in......

What Evadale is to me is a school with a long loyal history that will not be taken from the easily. One small enough it can teach character to each student......

Story:  My Son was on the Basketball team and at one of their games, because of the score, they let their weakest player play almost the last half of the game. This kid had never scored the entire year. He was fouled and had 2 free throws.....He made one......the entire team ran and picked him up and celebrated......The Evadale side of the stands all stood up and cheered. 

After the game, my Son looked at me and asked if I thought the celebration was cool. I agreed and he said that would have never happened at his old School........and he was probably right.

They also say prayers.....

​Sounds like a good school.

BUT!!!!!! Public financed buildings should not wave the flag or banner of a group of people who went against their country. Plain & simple. Now , that is the whole point to this thread. Its an endorsement and glorification of traitors.

​So Evadale ISD is wrong for doing this despite no one in that community having a problem with that display?