Congress Votes To Ban Confed Flag

BS Wildcats

So, if we are banning racist things......

Should George Washington come off the 1 dollar bill?  He owned slaves.

Should Alexander Hamilton come off the 10 dollar bill, He bought and sold slaves for relatives.....

Should Andrew Jackson come off the 20 dollar bill.....yup,  he owned slaves.....

The list could go on and on and we could remove everything with racist ties and forget history......

but when you forget history, doesn't that increase your chance to repeat it??

Should Alexander Hamilton come off the 10 dollar bill, He bought and sold slaves for relatives.....

Should Andrew Jackson come off the 20 dollar bill.....yup,  he owned slaves.....

The list could go on and on and we could remove everything with racist ties and forget history......

Alot of ​ppl still trying to forget the 60s, and history seems to be repeating itself today, and its 2015. You're right about that. 

​Hmmm? hey hippy, you may be on to something here. I may have to get my committee updated on this one. Thanks.

Yep, the American Revolution was started & fought by English citizens rebelling against England (obviously why they were called rebels).  Fortunately, those rebels won.  

I'm still trying to figure out why a humorous TV series that Millions of people have watched and laughed at for 35 years is suddenly identified as The Death Star commanded by Darth Vader.  

​Yep, this country was founded by rebels

I believe even though the flag is on Capital grounds, it is on a war memorial. That is history and I see no problem with that. It was already taken off the Capital building in 2000.

​If yall wanna put that flag on a PRIVATE war memorial funded by private donations, so be it.

​If yall wanna put that flag on a PRIVATE war memorial funded by private donations, so be it.

​This is going to die quickly. This is just the media race baiting.   I know Evadale is not backing down with the flag representing their school, and there was a push in Port Arthur to rename a couple schools named after Confederate Generals. That issue has not got enough steam to make it as a subject for the next board meeting. The Confederate memorial at Orange's Martin Luther King Drive and Interstate 10, is scheduled to have 32 Confederate flags erected upon the structure's completion. Apparently they took your advice, as it is private property.......

The CNN poll speaks for itself.

The poll shows that 57% of Americans see the flag more as a symbol of Southern pride than as a symbol of racism, about the same as in 2000 when 59% said they viewed it as a symbol of pride.

This is the hidden content, please

Slavery did not come up until later..... Abraham Lincoln wanted to colonize all the slaves in South America  because he felt they were lesser than white people and would not do well in society.

But he gets the credit for freeing the slaves 

Edited by thetragichippy

Seems like you want slavery mentioned.  Do you not realize there were slaves in the North as well?  Slavery is always thought of as happening in the South by the misinformed.

​Sure I know there were slaves in the north. At least the North was willing to outlaw slavery than be a traitor to its own country.

Edited by BLUEDOVE3

​Yep, this country was founded by rebels

No problem with that statement. Same rebel spirit that carried over to the south.....hence the "Rebel" flag. Since blacks seem to think this flag represents slavery of the south, what flag represented the slavery of the north? Oh yeah. There were slaves in the north. A huge fact overlooked out of necessity.