Uil Football Championships on the move(No Jerry's World in 2015)

Our group will travel wherever the venue decided on.Did an internet search of available overnight lodging(hotel/motel)within 5 mi radius of Houston NRG=45 sites,Arlington ATT=68 sites,San Antonio Alamodome=119 lodging sites within 5 miles=hello San Antonio build additional locker rooms,the most LODGICAL location ;) :D

This makes no sense for logically outside of 6A. For the small schools most will be having to travel 7-8 hours south instead of 3-4 hours. This makes it more expensive for them and their fans. UIL did addess 6 man (sorry fans of helmet to helmet) and state they will not be playing in Houston but who does this benefit in say another Canadian-Mason or Albany-Bremond game. These small schools recieve money that are used for other sports but now that money will be diverted into spending on gas just trying to get to the games. I guess it's good for a Houston football fans, it they show up, but really they only guaranteed Houston teams are 6A. There could be 18 teams out of 20 (last year 5 teams would have benefited with NRG) that not from a Houston while Arlington reguarly has 5 or 6 from within 50 miles. Just does not make sense.

Guest ECBucFan

This makes no sense for logically outside of 6A. For the small schools most will be having to travel 7-8 hours south instead of 3-4 hours. This makes it more expensive for them and their fans.

Seriously???

"Their fans" will have the first five rounds IN the DF-W area, if not Jerrys World itself. That's five weeks of playoffs and NO travel. Compare that with Hou-CenTex-SETX fans. We travel like crazy, up to and including the State games. I go every year and drop $500 easy, hotel 2 nights, gas, eats. That's $2500 the last 5 years. Would it kill the DF-W folks to travel ONCE?

I'm all for it. Why not bring the best product in the nation to different venues around the state? Of course, NRG will need to step its game up to warrant a return in the future.

And for all of the talk and hype out of Crosby, I'm sure they would love to get to play right down the street.

Not sure if you missed our game locations during the playoffs...we will travel well down the road or 4 hours away.

This makes no sense for logically outside of 6A. For the small schools most will be having to travel 7-8 hours south instead of 3-4 hours. This makes it more expensive for them and their fans. UIL did addess 6 man (sorry fans of helmet to helmet) and state they will not be playing in Houston but who does this benefit in say another Canadian-Mason or Albany-Bremond game. These small schools recieve money that are used for other sports but now that money will be diverted into spending on gas just trying to get to the games. I guess it's good for a Houston football fans, it they show up, but really they only guaranteed Houston teams are 6A. There could be 18 teams out of 20 (last year 5 teams would have benefited with NRG) that not from a Houston while Arlington reguarly has 5 or 6 from within 50 miles. Just does not make sense.

The last thing we need to worry about down here is what's fair. Crosby fans had to drive a combined 1200 miles to watch three of our five playoff games last year. A second round game in San Antonio, a fourth round game in San Marcos, the a semi-final game in Austin. Each time we had more fans than the teams we played which were a lot closer to the site. Those small schools don't have to travel to Houston every week, just once IF they even make it there. Is it right that Allen won a title and only had to travel probably 40 miles max for any of their games while Cy-Ranch has to come over 250 miles one way? San Antonio is probably the location that benefits everyone the most, but if other teams are forced to travel then so be it. I guarantee the last thing someone from the DFW, or anywhere else for that matter, is worried about is how far the teams they play have to travel. The only thing they're concerned with is winning the game.

I always thought they should rotate every hear between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. My only concern about using NRG is the grass surface. Most teams are playing on turf in the playoffs. Plus how would it hold up with 10 games in 3 days?

Every game from now on in NRG will be played on turf, even the Texans will start playing on it next year. The injury complaints have forced their hand.

I'm all for it.  Why not bring the best product in the nation to different venues around the state?  Of course, NRG will need to step its game up to warrant a return in the future.

And for all of the talk and hype out of Crosby, I'm sure they would love to get to play right down the street.

If you've been to NRG lately, it's a lot nicer than the Alamodome even with the recent renovation. It's also a lot easier to access off of 610 versus the Alamodome which is packed into the center of downtown San Antonio. Like Coug88 said though, no matter where it is we'll show up.

• 5 weeks later...

I made a comment last year... It ridiculous how its ended up..... All the transfers, dynasty's, etc. Then moving everything to Dallas.. Art Briles was quoted after the 99 championship game with us in the Astrodome as saying, " He would never agree to play there again because of the 35k PN-G fans." I feel the same about Dallas. Its a great advantage for those teams.