Gonna be a long Summer

It hit the US first last week. Damage was worse than Taiwan. If I can figure out how to link the video I will. 

Edit: Below is the link. I believe it should work.

This is the hidden content, please

I believe what it hit first is considered a Commonwealth, not actually part of the US.  It's citizens are not US residents.

I believe what it hit first is considered a Commonwealth, not actually part of the US.  It's citizens are not US residents.

It is commonwealth, just like Puerto Rico. It is a part of the US. Their citizens are US citizens. They serve in the US military. The only difference between them and being a state, is the fact that they receive no voting representation in Congress (they have a member in the House of Representatives that has no vote) and cannot vote in the Presidential election. They are Americans like us, yet their story is nowhere on the news.

As of the latest it will still be another month before they have electricity.

Thanks, did not know that

Not many do. Today many don't realize Guam and the Northern Marianas have anything to do with the US. I didn't mean to go on a rant just agitated that to find news about it I had to go to Candian or British websites. They are Americans and I just found out that most of the island of Saipam still do not have access to water two weeks after the storm. Just think that if it was on the news people would do more to help because they are citizens like you and I. 

• 1 month later...

@breakingweather: A tropical system may develop in the Gulf of Mexico next week.

Don't know if it's the same system but the strongest hurricane ever is just off the Mexican coast. Looking at its track it will give us more rain midweek. 

I heard 280 mph gusts at one time. That's 410 feet per second. Had a CO2 bb gun that shot 400 fps. Just some trivia to put it in perspective.

NEWSFLASH: That makes it extremely dangerous!!

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that being hit by a board (or any other debris) flying through the air at 280 mph is not going to have good results.

anim_lol.gif 

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that being hit by a board (or any other debris) flying through the air at 280 mph is not going to have good results.

anim_lol.gif 

I think it could throw pine straw 3 inches deep into a wood fence post. Extremely dangerous.

anim_lol.gif 

i would hate to be hit by the beach sand going that fast.  You'd be trying to pick it out of your skin, and if your eyes were open I imagine it would permanently blind you