Gonna be a long Summer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the current forecasts (which are likely meaningless this far out), the most likely landfall for the potential storm is Houston with PA to the east around Matagorda to the west as the next most likely landfall locations. If Houston, we are (like Ike) again on the bad side of the storm. 

The best hope is little development. 

Reminds me of the only hurricane to hit the US soil a few years ago that hit Beaumont. Was it Humberto? Everybody went to sleep thinking a tropical storm was coming and woke up to a Cat 1.

I also remember Hurricane Allen that hit Houston,  busted lots of windows to the point of glass being scarce in Beaumont. Beaumont never got a drop of rain or any effects from that storm. Lots of variables figure into what we get. Having said that, I think we are in for at least some heavy rain.

I also remember Hurricane Allen that hit Houston,  busted lots of windows to the point of glass being scarce in Beaumont. Beaumont never got a drop of rain or any effects from that storm. Lots of variables figure into what we get. Having said that, I think we are in for at least some heavy rain.

​just had a heavy rain line roll thru here in bmt. 

Reminds me of the only hurricane to hit the US soil a few years ago that hit Beaumont. Was it Humberto? Everybody went to sleep thinking a tropical storm was coming and woke up to a Cat 1.

​Yep, that was it. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and thinking " this is a hurricane."  The wife didn't believe me until we looked out the windows.

Named Storm = Ratings.

Nothing more than a set of thunderstorms now and will likely remain that way. We get 45-50 mph winds in some summer storms that pass over. This one will rise the tide on the coast near and to the east of landfall. 

​it looks unorganized last time I checked, but that was hours ago. 

There are all kinds of bands of rain/squall lines coming in and have been all day. Anyone may miss them or get strong storms from time to time. Some just passed over. 

​oh, like a seabreeze. Lol. I think they jumped the gun because of recent floods. 

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is the right topic, but surprised there has been no talk of the major storm to hit the U.S. last Sunday.

$20 million in damage, no electricity or water, but luckily no deaths. Read somewhere one of the weather reporters recorded a 214 mph gust with 145 10-minute average winds.

huh?