Top 10 SETX Football Players Over Last 20 Years

I just read where he moved positions Also
Maybe a better deal.

Reed's move is only supposed to be for the Spring to add depth to the WR core. Coach says he just want the best athletes on the field.

That goes to show just how hard it is to play qb in the FBS. Reed, Aston Walter and Aaron Sharp are probably the best three qb's from this coverage area over the past few years and they ALL have moved to WR or DB. People really need to understand this when trying to form an opinion on where they think their local qb should be able to play.

Reed's move is only supposed to be for the Spring to add depth to the WR core. Coach says he just want the best athletes on the field.

That goes to show just how hard it is to play qb in the FBS. Reed, Aston Walter and Aaron Sharp are probably the best three qb's from this coverage area over the past few years and they ALL have moved to WR or DB. People really need to understand this when trying to form an opinion on where they think their local qb should be able to play.

Both Walter and Sharp have physical things working against them as well though...Walter is 5'8" and Sharp throws left-handed

Both Walter and Sharp have physical things working against them as well though...Walter is 5'8" and Sharp throws left-handed

That's probably the reason Walter doesn't play qb in college but Mike Vick, Steve Young, Kellen Moore, Tim Tebow, Matt Lienart, Chris Simms and Pat White were all southpaws too and had excellent college careers. Sharp being left handed doesn't have anything to do with it, his 3/4 delivery and questionable arm strength is the issue for him. Reed plays on a team with less talent than both and doesn't have the size limitations Walter does and still has been moved to receiver for the time being. The same thing will most likely happen to Jaquet also. The reason those kids don't play qb is because it's just flat out hard to play qb at the FBS level.

You only listing 7 LH QBs is exactly what I mean...you have to truly be special to be able to be a successful LH QB...

Lol, why would I list Jared Lorenzen, David Greene or Josh Heupel who won a Heisman if the other guys were better? Would you consider Stephan Lefors or Sean Canfield special, both tore it up in college. Sharp sat behind Brett Hundley who will get drafted this year and UCLA just signed Josh Rosen who was thought by most to be the number 1 qb in the nation last year. I can name lefties for days who balled out in college. There's a lot more than you think for not that much of the popation to be left handed. Who's been better than Sharp around here recently? Who's had qb offers from UCLA, Baylor and Texas recently? There mustn't have been a special right handed qb around here for a while either using your theory?

Whoa whoa whoa...your taking me all wrong...I never said that Sharp isn't a talented QB...I'm saying that being LH works against you...your receivers have to adjust to catching passes with the opposite spin (especially worse if your backup is LH and has to come in in relief), you have to change your blocking schemes up and typically your best blocker is now your RT and not protecting your blind side.

Again not saying it means Sharp can't play QB...just saying it makes it a tougher road to get there.

• 2 weeks later...
Im often confused about about threads like this . The criterior is suppose to be who was the best in the last 20 years i thought in high school ? A lot of guys are great high school ball players and thats it !. So if they dont go too college and then the pros that meant they werent no good ? So the thread should be the best players that played high school ,college and played pros over the last 20 years .

Ok, I know alot of you guys may say I'm crazy but a guy I played with at Crosby in 03, Philip Beck. Had 124 catches 2000+ yds and 22 TDs in 12 games at the 5A level and had 200+Yds Rec against the state champs Lamarque that year. No one can match that production, our QB Kellen Haynes also threw for 4,200 yds and 40 Tds ran for 800 and 12 TDs in 12 games that year also. Not the big time recruits that the other guys were or physical specimens but they put up massive numbers and we played friendswood, dickinson, Dayton, CE King, and Lamarque and nobody stopped those two guys. I think you have to throw Beck on the list though 180 Yds per game for a whole season, can't deny production. Also on the Tony Brown deal he had a big pick against PNG but Rose torched him THE WHOLE GAME I was there cause my cousin played for Ozen that year, did have the pick 6 but rose balled out on him.

I'm gonna put a guy up here that a lot of you may not remember, he never showed up when he went to A&M but the RB/LB from Dayton Lamar Mitchell. Was a two way beast for a team that lost in the 3rd round. he was the biggest High School Running back I'd ever seen and he could go.

Another one but for the life of me I cant remember his name. The RB that took Coldspring to the title game, I watched him live his senior year against West Orange at Turner and he made West Orange look Slow '11 playoffs I believe.

Also Beasley at West Orange. In high school people weren't talking about Earl, They were talking about Beasley I watched them rout someone in the playoffs that year he was on another level than anyone else on the field, and super bowl champ all pro Earl Thomas was on the field also.

If Beasley had Earl's work ethic he would be in the NFL he was much better then Earl in HS.