Top 10 SETX Football Players Over Last 20 Years

Then why is this thread even up if we can't say opinions on a player?
Tony is a good cornerback and I wish him all the best. The two times I saw him his senior year the WR he matched up with had pretty darn good games.
On another point and not in reference to Tony but college coaches do make mistakes. If they didn't Garrett Gilbert would have won a Heilman and a national championship

True, but Gilbert also plays in the NFL for Bill Belichick now so he must be about something. Don't mistake bad coaching for no ability.

Most highly recruited ever?? Based on what criteria?

Remember, "ever" is a long time. ;)

I'm going off when they started using the star systems. Brown is the only consensus 5 star since the system was created, so probably from the early 90's. If you went all-time I would say Bubba Smith was probably the most highly recruited with Mel Farr being a close second but there's no way to tell that. My "ever" is approximately the last 30 years when people really started keeping databases on this stuff.

I'm going off when they started using the star systems. Brown is the only consensus 5 star since the system was created, so probably from the early 90's. If you went all-time I would say Bubba Smith was probably the most highly recruited with Mel Farr being a close second but there's no way to tell that. My "ever" is approximately the last 30 years when people really started keeping databases on this stuff.

Silsbee's Patrick Hudson is a 2016 consensus 5 star recruit.

In comparison to Brown:

National rankings

Rivals: Brown #25 (#6 by position) Hudson #26 (#2 by position)

247:    Brown #9 (#3 by position)  Hudson #10 (#2 by position)

ESPN: Brown #8 (#2 by position) Hudson #10 (#2 by position)

That's just one example. Like I said, "ever" is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Silsbee's Patrick Hudson is a 2016 consensus 5 star recruit.

In comparison to Brown:

National rankings

Rivals: Brown #25 (#6 by position) Hudson #26 (#2 by position)
247: Brown #9 (#3 by position) Hudson #10 (#2 by position)
ESPN: Brown #8 (#2 by position) Hudson #10 (#2 by position)

That's just one example. Like I said, "ever" is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

That's why I went off star rankings instead of position rankings. Some years the number 1 player at a position won't be a 5-star, some years the 3rd ranked player at that position will be. Case in point is what you listed above. Brown was #2 at his position and a 5- star, Hudson is #2 at his position and was only given 4 stars by ESPN. Rivals also only gave Hudson 4 stars as you can see below put the links up. I don't believe Hudson even has 10 offers at this point in his recruitment where Brown was well over 20 already. I also said consensus 5-star and since the rankings have come out the only two close to Brown are Christine Micheal and DT but both were a little shy of Brown. Husdon is a composite 5-Star, not consensus.

Hudson(ESPN)- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/195941/patrick-hudson

Hudson(Rivals)- http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Patrick-Hudson-158159

Tony Brown(ESPN)- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/157994/tony-brown

Tony Brown(Rivals)- http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Brown-133585

Then why is this thread even up if we can't say opinions on a player?
Tony is a good cornerback and I wish him all the best. The two times I saw him his senior year the WR he matched up with had pretty darn good games.

On another point and not in reference to Tony but college coaches do make mistakes. If they didn't Garrett Gilbert would have won a Heilman and a national championship

I watched a couple local guys out-play Justin Jackson, HYCA, last year in a Nederland bball tourney. One might think that the local players were better since they "beat" him that day. But turn on the TV Thursday and watch Jackson, Tar Heel Fr, playing Wisconsin in the sweet 16. I don't know a lot, but I trust Roy Williams recruiting ability better than my own. Same for Nick Saban with Tony Brown. Many times during senior seasons of highly recruited players with "Pro" potential, they will take plays, and sometimes games, off. I don't like it but I also can't blame them. Tony Brown is a freak of nature and will be in the NFL. That's a fact jack!

Brown wasn't even the best cover corner in the district. Honestly, Mitchell from Central and Rose from PNG were better cover guys than Brown and they were WR's who played a little D every now and then.

Where are they now? Brown is probably going to be a starter for Alabama! He's going to be a NFL cornerback and probably run track in the Olympics. Its crazy that the people who get paid to find talent ranked him as the 2nd best CB is the nation and people are saying he's not the best in distict. That's laughable. Smh...

Kimler made him look silly and Rose I think set a record the night he went against tony

Didn't Brown have like 4 INTs against PNG! Didn't he return one 100 yards for a pick 6 touchdown! Yeah that's really lighting him up! And against Nederland, Kilmer did catch a couple of short routes on Brown. But, Nederland mostly attack the opposite side of the field that Brown Was on.

Wish I could have seen Brown versus Memorial other than his Soph year, apparently he was injured the last two times. Eerily those were the last two times we had more than one very good WR.

Ozen coaches horribly miss used that kid and his talent. Hell scouts had him as a 5 star CB and Ozen had him at saftey for his Sophomore and Junior years. Damn coaching in Beaumont sucks!

Ozen coaches horribly miss used that kid and his talent. Hell scouts had him as a 5 star CB and Ozen had him at saftey for his Sophomore and Junior years. Damn coaching in Beaumont sucks!

Well the Ozen staff must have did something right b/c his soph yr they went 3 rounds deep by beating top 5 ranked Brenham and barely falling to Lamarqe.. 

Didn't Brown have like 4 INTs against PNG! Didn't he return one 100 yards for a pick 6 touchdown! Yeah that's really lighting him up!

No. Brown had one INT in all his years against PNG and PNG did not shy away from him at all. Rose had 12 catches for 140 yards that night. Yes he picked off an underthrown pass in the corner of the endzone and took it back for TD. His speed was never in question. His size, speed combo was the recruiting prize. Not sure what his recruiting status has to do with him being a great HS football player or should I say one of the great HS football players. There are many a great NFL guys that were not recruited well, but they were phenomenal HS players and subsequently college players.
Brown was a good player, but what set him apart in HS from others on the list to put him in the top 10. Deonte Thompson made play after play after play in HS. He's a top 10.

No. Brown had one INT in all his years against PNG and PNG did not shy away from him at all. Rose had 12 catches for 140 yards that night. Yes he picked off an underthrown pass in the corner of the endzone and took it back for TD. His speed was never in question. His size, speed combo was the recruiting prize. Not sure what his recruiting status has to do with him being a great HS football player or should I say one of the great HS football players. There are many a great NFL guys that were not recruited well, but they were phenomenal HS players and subsequently college players.
Brown was a good player, but what set him apart in HS from others on the list to put him in the top 10. Deonte Thompson made play after play after play in HS. He's a top 10.

Fresh out of the 8th grade Tony had 95 tackles, 1 pick, 14 pass break-ups and 1 forced fumble. After his sophomore year his stat line read 191 tackles, 4 picks, 30 pass break-ups and 1 forced fumble. Rose had 12 catches for like 130 on Crosby last time we played but probably had 20+ targets and rarely if ever caught a ball on someone. There's a difference between scheming someone open and beating someone. Man to man I highly doubt Rose could get off the line, much less beat Brown on any route.

Recruiters aren't fooled by what they see which is why guys like Raelon Singleton and Armanti Foreman can put up 2/3 of the numbers Rose did and get 10 times more FBS offers than he did. Same thing goes for Morse and the numbers he puts up. People think he will get all these big offers but he doesn't even have a 247 page yet. Nobody is fooled but the people in PNG. You have to know what you're looking at THEN make an UN-biased evaluation of players.

Fresh out of the 8th grade Tony had 95 tackles, 1 pick, 14 pass break-ups and 1 forced fumble. After his sophomore year his stat line read 191 tackles, 4 picks, 30 pass break-ups and 1 forced fumble. Rose had 12 catches for like 130 on Crosby last time we played but probably had 20+ targets and rarely if ever caught a ball on someone. There's a difference between scheming someone open and beating someone. Man to man I highly doubt Rose could get off the line, much less beat Brown on any route.

Recruiters aren't fooled by what they see which is why guys like Raelon Singleton and Armanti Foreman can put up 2/3 of the numbers Rose did and get 10 times more FBS offers than he did. Same thing goes for Morse and the numbers he puts up. People think he will get all these big offers but he doesn't even have a 247 page yet. Nobody is fooled but the people in PNG. You have to know what you're looking at THEN make an UN-biased evaluation of players.

THANK YOU! The small mindedness of some people. Smh...

Recruiters aren't fooled by what they see which is why guys like Raelon Singleton and Armanti Foreman can put up 2/3 of the numbers Rose did and get 10 times more FBS offers than he did. Same thing goes for Morse and the numbers he puts up. People think he will get all these big offers but he doesn't even have a 247 page yet. Nobody is fooled but the people in PNG. You have to know what you're looking at THEN make an UN-biased evaluation

First I would like to say that all people are not fooled. What Tony Brown has is all the tools.  Does that make him one of the greatest in SETX of all time? Thats just everyones opinion. I will say this..... 5 stars do not relate to being Great. Mack Brown can attest to that. Jammal Charles was a 3 star out of high school. I think he is a top 3 back in the NFL. I am good friends with his brother, and he lit it up at SMU until a back injury in the weight room... He was not heavily recruited as well. I do think Tony Brown has all the tools to be great. And if I was putting together a starting defense for the last 20 I would have him along with Foreman. If anyone remembers "Blue" Chip, he was the real deal at WB for a few years. SO not to get off target, just to respond to your NEGATIVITY in the post, Im not fooled.  I am a realist, and at the end of the day you are what your record says you are, and a stud QB gets you on a good deep run.... Video game stats mean little of nothing..... So before you characterize all PNG folks as ........ Understand its not all of us... Usually just the transplants..... lol

Ranking doesn't mean nothing when you step on the field tony is not top 10 I've seen WRs from Setx work him JhaJuan Seals, Jermiah Rose, Roderick Rucker and more. But your list is pointless if you don't have Jammal, Earl Thomas, Terrance Singelton, C.Micheal, Montana Q from Vidor, Brennan Doty, DJ Dean should all be considered im kinda new school if you couldn't tell