how does your team look for 2015

Yes the Broncos will take em down this time around. The stars are aligned for the win. Its going to be for the next few years in a row. Bronx been waiting there turn. Its time to jump. Look for a few good seasonsout of them. Best of luck Bronx. 2015 DC's

It's going to be a lot harder this year to beat Crosby than it was last year. Bigger and better offensive line to go with two backs that should both rush for over 1k yards, plus a qb that will be making his 16th start with 26 games played. I believe from 7th-12th grade Dayton only won the freshman game which is a little misleading since Williams played varsity this year so I'm not really sure how you formed your opinion? I expect close games with Angleton, Dayton and King but other than Williams at King there shouldn't be a team we face next year that has any unit better than Crosby until the playoffs. It's state title or bust for Crosby this year IMO.

While PNG is playing some 2 or 3A team in the opener just scroll down to the Crosby vs Ned update thread, when you see Ned down by 20 in the third quarter at home you'll understand where I'm coming from. The week after that Dayton will drop 40 or 50 more on Ned who will improve and beat PNG for the 6th straight year. Shortly thereafter y'all will be gearing up for another 7 on 7 run.

If you talk about odds of winning a State title, I'd go out on a limb and say unless your name is Katy, Aledo, and such your odds are pretty low. Hopefully someone from the surrounding area can make a run. I'd much rather have those expectations than to just make the playoffs. Can't wait for the season to start, favorite time of the year!

If you talk about odds of winning a State title, I'd go out on a limb and say unless your name is Katy, Aledo, and such your odds are pretty low. Hopefully someone from the surrounding area can make a run. I'd much rather have those expectations than to just make the playoffs. Can't wait for the season to start, favorite time of the year!

I could not agree more

PNG vs 6A Clear Lake week 1.
Try again.

That was meant to be an exaggeration first off. Secondly, don't put too much stock in playing Clear Lake either. They're one of the worst 6A programs we have outside of the beltway in their current state. The comment was meant to highlight the fact that after next year's non-district schedule 8/12 PNG's opponents will have played in a classification below them. I just find that a little odd?

Crosby winning a SC is of very low odds. Best of luck though I'd like to see someone over there have a chance to play for it. Just seems to be out of reach.

I bet after Dayton lost by nearly 40 to Lake Travis in the semis in '07 nobody thought they would be playing in the title game the next year against Sulphur Springs either, but LT went D1 and they got Tivy in the semis instead. Crosby was one game away from the title game this year and if you wanted to break it down even more we were probably just a bad half away from a chance at a title. This year we have a more experienced team and will probably be favored to win the region again by most prognosticators. Other than being a perrenial favorite I think that's the best possible outlook a team can have prior to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, weak. A lot like Vidor's program. What's funny is how awful Vidor must have been to have a losing recrord in a district that only had 3 teams over .500. 2-10 the last three years in the playoffs and something like 3-17 overall the last few years, I would classify that as weak. Don't worry though, you'll have plenty more opportunities to laugh watching your team next year. But hey, there is always that one game 4 years ago when Vidor probably got their best win in program history.

coog , just curious why u knock Vidor all the time on here? Wasn't it you guys who backed out on playing us a few years ago? The reason I believe everyone was told was cause financial reasons. Gas was too high was what yalls superintendent said. Ironically y'all had to come to Beaumont anyway in the playoffs and we beat the Coogs. Are u still mad at that? Maybe since gas prices are down now we can set something up? Or was you mad cause your coach stayed in a 3 man front ALL night against our slot-t offense? You guys still broke or what? Maybe if y'all would have manned up and played us during the pre season, things would have turned out different at the time when it really counts (playoffs). And you can save all the vidor jokes we heard them all already. You can't change history. Karma is a MOFO. 3 man front all night against us. Laughing stock of SETX all year for that one. Pitch in and give them kids some gas $$ so they can play ball. Let it go man, you will feel better.

coog , just curious why u knock Vidor all the time on here? Wasn't it you guys who backed out on playing us a few years ago? The reason I believe everyone was told was cause financial reasons. Gas was too high was what yalls superintendent said. Ironically y'all had to come to Beaumont anyway in the playoffs and we beat the Coogs. Are u still mad at that? Maybe since gas prices are down now we can set something up? Or was you mad cause your coach stayed in a 3 man front ALL night against our slot-t offense? You guys still broke or what? Maybe if y'all would have manned up and played us during the pre season, things would have turned out different at the time when it really counts (playoffs). And you can save all the vidor jokes we heard them all already. You can't change history. Karma is a MOFO. 3 man front all night against us. Laughing stock of SETX all year for that one. Pitch in and give them kids some gas $$ so they can play ball. Let it go man, you will feel better.

I don't knock Vidor all the time on here. I explained why I thought the district was weak and what state Vidor must have been in not to make the playoffs in it. Crosby lined up with Dawson, Montgomery, and PNG in the preseason that year which are all programs that dwarf Vidor in terms of prowess. I wasn't aware that we backed out of playing Vidor in the regular season that year. Unless we're trying to dial up a win why would we play a team that was, one, probably not going to make the playoffs and therefore wouldn't see again, and two, runs an offense hardly any other 5A team in the state runs and wouldn't get much from playing?

Like I told MTC about 4 years ago. Vidor fans would still be talking about that 2011 game 5 years from now because it would still be the only first round game they've won since I've been alive. Looks like I was dead on with that prediction. Maybe between the new school, new stadium, new field house and new uniforms we can find some gas money though, or maybe me and a couple of other dads can just patch up and give it to the booster club? Either way I still don't see us taking 4 time district champ, Nederland, or perennial powerhouse, Angleton off the schedule to face the mighty slot-t.

I said all that to say, don't mistake relaying facts for being salty. We're 6-3 in the playoffs and have averaged over 10 wins per season since then, Vidor is 0-1 in the playoffs with a sub .500 win percentage since then. While we may have been the laughing stock of SETX for losing one of our only first round games the last decade, Vidor picked right back up where they left off for the last 40 years.

They (school board) backed out of that game for reasons I wont mention on here, but those "in the know" knows why they backed out.

The school board didn't back out of any games, they have the option to schedule who they please in the non-district portion of the season. What you're talking about is not agreeing to a home and home flip for the first round which is pretty common to schools so far apart. That situation was blown out of proportion.

The school board didn't back out of any games, they have the option to schedule who they please in the non-district portion of the season. What you're talking about is not agreeing to a home and home flip for the first round which is pretty common to schools so far apart. That situation was blown out of proportion.

That's not what happened at all.... And I'm in the know about it because it was discussed here.... But whatever floats your boat.....

That's not what happened at all.... And I'm in the know about it because it was discussed here.... But whatever floats your boat.....

"Because it was discussed on here" Soulja? So what you're saying is that we played Montgomery, who we used to get in the area round, Dawson who was ranked #1 or 2, and PNG who beat Vidor that year in preseason but backed off playing a doormat who at that time hadn't won a playoff game in several decades? Come on man. People were on here talking about what they didn't know if that's the case. We've played Vidor once in our history, not sure why we would schedule them or be backing out?