N.E. Texas vs S.E. Texas

longball24

North East Texas is considered 903 and 430 area codes. South East Texas is considered 936 and 409 area codes.Why has NE Texas won more championships in the last 20 than SE Texas? Better athletes,Better coaching, or better facilities. Maybe it is the communities as a whole that make a difference. What is the difference.

North East Texas is considered 903 and 430 area codes. South East Texas is considered 936 and 409 area codes.Why has NE Texas won more championships in the last 20 than SE Texas? Better athletes,Better coaching, or better facilities. Maybe it is the communities as a whole that make a difference. What is the difference.

I think its better coaching and kids working out yearly. Community support im on the fence about. 

The economy is crazy good right now in Texas, especially in the greater Houston area. Which means you have families moving where the jobs are. I know I would be searching for the school district & community that has the most to offer. Does the NE have more to offer than the SE? Good question.

NE Texas has better everything than SE Texas. The list is so long it's hard to find a starting point. The gap between the two is getting wider too.

How many of the NE schools are competitive in more than one sport, two sports. Do they focus in just one sport. Do their athletes play in more than one sport, two sports or do they only play one sport. That is a question I would ask as to why NE schools are so good.

How many of the NE schools are competitive in more than one sport, two sports. Do they focus in just one sport. Do their athletes play in more than one sport, two sports or do they only play one sport. That is a question I would ask as to why NE schools are so good.

I know we as a basketball / volleyball SETX (girls) powerhouse get ran over hard by EAST/NETx schools quite often. Even when we had those 3-4 years of boys deep playoff runs - this area knocked us out. Seems to be SETX poison.

We got state titles in three sports. Usually go a couple of rounds deep in all sports. 

Our athletes play everything. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ brings people to go get it. ;)

I under stand that, but we in SeTX have good paying jobs with all the refineries and chemical plants, Jobs paying 30-40 an hour (or maybe more). So why is it NETX schools can afford paying a coach a 6 figure salary and SETX can't?  Also I don't know population numbers, but it would seem that SETX has a larger population than NETX which would mean more school taxes. This topic has tweaked my curiosity.

I under stand that, but we in SeTX have good paying jobs with all the refineries and chemical plants, Jobs paying 30-40 an hour (or maybe more). So why is it NETX schools can afford paying a coach a 6 figure salary and SETX can't?  Also I don't know population numbers, but it would seem that SETX has a larger population than NETX which would mean more school taxes. This topic has tweaked my curiosity.

Its more to it. 

From what I see the community is more involved. They don't accept average.the fans are more vocal the attitude is different fans barking and taunting opposition then hugging after game. First game I took my boys to they could not believe it, They loved it and wanted to be a part of it. S.E Texas sees it as more of a social event than buying a ticket to a butt kicking.