Waskom 41 Newton 22/Final

WOSgrad

???? The stat I saw on Newton passing didn't exactly line up with this statement. 30 something completions of 80 something attempts for 300ish yards....

I'm not talking about an all out passing attack. When your down 3tds you need to pass some not run the clock out running. A pass mixed with the run would have made Newton deadly. I have watched them many years and passing is a unknown. Running every down might get you thru district but when you step onto the big stage you better have some sort of passing game in your game plan.

Got them through district, bi-district, area, regionals, semi-finals, and lost the championship to a team that did not throw a single time.

Waskom didn't need to pass.. Newton did. When your down 3 scores. Any team needs a passing game no matter how good your running game is.I'm not gonna try to explain that to you. If you want to disbelieve fine with me. Most anyone on this site will tell you the same thing. Newtons play caller must feel the same as you.
Look at Yoe. They do both and Newton has yet to beat them since 74. I know we dont play them in this division now.

Waskom didn't need to pass.. Newton did. When your down 3 scores. Any team needs a passing game no matter how good your running game is.I'm not gonna try to explain that to you. If you want to disbelieve fine with me. Most anyone on this site will tell you the same thing. Newtons play caller must feel the same as you.
Look at Yoe. They do both and Newton has yet to beat them since 74. I know we dont play them in this division now.

Yoe does both...but probably have done both all year. You don't do 1 thing all year for 15 weeks, have success with it, then change it all in one night.

I agree you leave no stone unturned in championship game...but...coach may have been thinking doing something they're not used to might make it worse.

It's ok to admit you got beat by a better team. Waskom wasn't anywhere near as bad as this site predicted. Those kids can play.

Now I've seen about as much Newton Eagle football as anybody in the stands. Number one back2swag is an idiot. Trying to establish something you have not been able to develop all year in the championship game is not real bright either. Look at the stats. 80 something attempts. 30 completions. Throwing a pass is one thing, catching it is something else. Offense only let Wascom score one td. The lack of making tackles on defense had more to do with it. Every run had hits at line of scrimmage or within a couple yards. Idiots in the stands don't know their head from a football. Just an opinion. But dead on accurate.

Back2swag really making his point there haha.

yea I was drunk and getting hacked all at the same time , had a lot of former players with me that were pissed about play calling and I can't say I blame them , it was absolutely awful and hard to watch .. Not the kids fought we were totally out coached and unprepared .

Now I've seen about as much Newton Eagle football as anybody in the stands. Number one back2swag is an idiot. Trying to establish something you have not been able to develop all year in the championship game is not real bright either. Look at the stats. 80 something attempts. 30 completions. Throwing a pass is one thing, catching it is something else. Offense only let Wascom score one td. The lack of making tackles on defense had more to do with it. Every run had hits at line of scrimmage or within a couple yards. Idiots in the stands don't know their head from a football. Just an opinion. But dead on accurate.

+1

Btw he was 2 for 2 for two scores passing

Beginning of the season newton was belittled to even win district, I'm posting this a day after our state championship game!!!!! I'd say we had a dang good year played as far as the UIL will let us, do I wish we brought the title back to newton ,of course I do,and would liked to see the ball aired out a little more under the conditions, but the ball dident bounce our way we live to see another day, congrats to the players an coaching staff on a hell of a season, Newton will be around next year!

Proud of the Eagles, great ride and good season. I think our kids were in awe of AT&T stadium. Sometimes it is not your day. I give Waskom the credit, they were focused and not overwhelmed at the stage they were on.It just wasn't our day and when they ran the kick-off back kinda busted our balloon. Not going to say anything accept it just wasn't our day. Great season Eagles . JMO

Proud of the Eagles, great ride and good season. I think our kids were in awe of AT&T stadium. Sometimes it is not your day. I give Waskom the credit, they were focused and not overwhelmed at the stage they were on.It just wasn't our day and when they ran the kick-off back kinda busted our balloon. Not going to say anything accept it just wasn't our day. Great season Eagles . JMO

So, poverty played a role? Curious

I am divided about AT&T being the location for the State games.I think it's a great experience for the young men and women.I may be old fashioned but think it causes a great break in team rythem. The scheduling for the small schools instantly changes. A short week for prep and a Thursday game instead of the usual Fri. The distance to travel for the team and fans along with the cost. Most working Moms and Dad's and fans have a juggling act to do to make a Thurs at 5:00 pm game. I think the giant atmosphere takes the fan to team connection away. Most people in our small towns find it difficult to get to the destination and consume the cost of the trip. Bottle of water 5.00 inside AT&T lol.Bag of popcorn 10.00. A family has to take a loan out to make all this happen.I guess I'm old fashion but I like the old way of doing it where the two teams meet in a nutral site and settle it.