Here's your final four…..

bmrm

Think about it for a second. Who probably benefits most financially from a Big XII Championship? ESPN/ABC.
So stuffing the Big XII and forcing its hand to have a championship game to "get in" is not too far fetched.

These are rough numbers of payouts this year. The Big 12 is taking a beating financially and many think Bowlsby will lose his job over his handling of this.

2013-2014 Bowl Payouts boy conference - the Last year of the BCS

1. SEC - $52 Million
2. ACC - $46.6 Million
3. B1G - $45.7 Million
4. Big 12 - $42.4 Million - thanks to having 2 BCS teams
5. Pac 12 - $35.3 Million

2014-2015 Bowl payouts - projected - The first year of the playoff

SEC - $60,620,000 (potentially $82,620,000)
Pac 12 - $51,687,500 (potentially $73,687,500)
ACC - $48,737,500 (potentially $70,737,500)
Big 10 - $41,162500 (potentially $63,162,500)
B12- $21,455,000 - No playoff teams. NO POTENTIAL FOR ANYTHING ABOVE THIS AMOUNT

The Big 12's bowl payouts are going to drop by nearly exactly half. DROP BY HALF. From $4 Million revenue per team to $2 Million revenue per team. Making matters worse? The Big 12 spends over $12 Million on its "institutional expenses" which leaves less than $10 Million to distribute to the schools in bowl game revenue.

The Big 12 will likely have a lower revenue distribution, per school, in 2015 than they did in 2014. A Catastrophic development.

These are rough numbers of payouts this year. The Big 12 is taking a beating financially and many think Bowlsby will lose his job over his handling of this.

1. SEC - $52 Million
2. ACC - $46.6 Million
3. B1G - $45.7 Million

B12- $21,455,000 - No playoff teams. NO POTENTIAL FOR ANYTHING ABOVE THIS AMOUNT

The Big 12's bowl payouts are going to drop by nearly exactly half. DROP BY HALF. From $4 Million revenue per team to $2 Million revenue per team. Making matters worse? The Big 12 spends over $12 Million on its "institutional expenses" which leaves less than $10 Million to distribute to the schools in bowl game revenue.

The Big 12 will likely have a lower revenue distribution, per school, in 2015 than they did in 2014. A Catastrophic development.

Dang.

1. SEC - $52 Million
2. ACC - $46.6 Million
3. B1G - $45.7 Million

Sucks for those schools that ain't UT.

Agree with most all of that. But both tcu and Baylor travel poorly. Very poorly. Tickets to the Fiesta Bowl last year were literally going for $5. Tcu had a similar showing the year they played Wisconsin in the rose bowl.

I generally like your posts, and usually agree with most everything you say....BUT you could not be further from the truth with this one regarding TCU. I was at the Rose Bowl game. TCU brought at least 40k, probably 45k. Wisconsin had about 55k. Not bad considering there are only 80 thousand TCU living alumni. You want to slam TCU because half our fans stay at the tailgate when we play marginal opponents, fine. But we travel well considering our enrollment/number of alums. Put us in a bowl game against a quality, power 5 opponent and we will fill it. Just like we will do for the Peach Bowl.

I generally like your posts, and usually agree with most everything you say....BUT you could not be further from the truth with this one regarding TCU. I was at the Rose Bowl game. TCU brought at least 40k, probably 45k. Wisconsin had about 55k. Not bad considering there are only 80 thousand TCU living alumni. You want to slam TCU because half our fans stay at the tailgate when we play marginal opponents, fine. But we travel well considering our enrollment/number of alums. Put us in a bowl game against a quality, power 5 opponent and we will fill it. Just like we will do for the Peach Bowl.

Based that off a relative of mine who is a ticket broker. Certainly wasn't there so I can't argue with you on those numbers. Had NO idea tcu only has 80k living alumni. To have that kind of turnout with those numbers is crazy. And for what it's worth, heard today that TCU would be a 4 pt underdog against Alabama on a neutral site and Baylor would be a 7 pt dog. What's the line again in the Sugar Bowl?

There are a whole lot of pictures online that disagree with you. Google TCU attendance and see what pops up.

Based that off a relative of mine who is a ticket broker. Certainly wasn't there so I can't argue with you on those numbers. Had NO idea tcu only has 80k living alumni. To have that kind of turnout with those numbers is crazy. And for what it's worth, heard today that TCU would be a 4 pt underdog against Alabama on a neutral site and Baylor would be a 7 pt dog. What's the line again in the Sugar Bowl?

No worries.
Believe TCU is a 3 to 3 1/2 point favorite.
Speaking of lines....
The Big Ten has 10 teams playing in bowls games this year. They are the underdog in EVERY game. But somehow OSU is deserving of a final four spot.

Are you an aggie? I was specifically talking about the Rose Bowl. Google the aerial view of that photo for me and let me know what you find.

What does being an Aggie have anything to do with this conversation??

Fact is there are several articles regarding the players and student associations worrying about the "attendance issue" at TCU football games - so while I cannot speak of bowl game attendance even TCU is concerned about their home game attendance numbers.

What does being an Aggie have anything to do with this conversation??

Fact is there are several articles regarding the players and student associations worrying about the "attendance issue" at TCU football games - so while I cannot speak of bowl game attendance even TCU is concerned about their home game attendance numbers.

And again....I was defending a comment made specifically about a bowl game attendance.

Attendance smack is weak anyways.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...