Here's your final four…..

bmrm

About how I would have voted. However, it is interesting that head to head is the end all, be all for Art Briles now. Cause in 2008, he voted for OU ahead of Texas which sent the Sooners to the MNC game.

Everyone that makes this argument always leaves out the fact that Texas Tech also only had 1 loss and it was a 3 way tie. That's convenient.

Tech beat Texas by 6 on a last second TD
Texas beat OU by 10
OU blasted #2 Tech by 44 points

I agree Texas probably should have played in the Big 12 title game, but a 3 way tie isn't near the same as head to head.

Everyone that makes this argument always leaves out the fact that Texas Tech also only had 1 loss and it was a 3 way tie. That's convenient.

Tech beat Texas by 6 on a last second TD
Texas beat OU by 10
OU blasted #2 Tech by 44 points

I agree Texas probably should have played in the Big 12 title game, but a 3 way tie isn't near the same as head to head.

People who try to justify the point with this argument are either being dishonest with themselves and everyone else OR too dimwitted to remember that NO ONE was discussing Tech as a possibility for the championship game. The race came down to Texas or OU and Artie voted OU. Just a bit hypocritical to bang that drum so loudly now is my point.

Fair or not it appears that at least with the people that vote for the final 4 the Big 12 still has a ways to go to get the credit that it may well deserve.  

Also,  do not think for a second that the fact that TCU and specially Baylor did not get the credit they deserve just due to their history - I do not believe at all that if Texas had the same record and schedule that TCU and Baylor had that they would not be on everyone's top 4 - obviously the better the history of the program in question the more likely they get in.

Also, do not think for a second that the fact that TCU and specially Baylor did not get the credit they deserve just due to their history - I do not believe at all that if Texas had the same record and schedule that TCU and Baylor had that they would not be on everyone's top 4 - obviously the better the history of the program in question the more likely they get in.

I agree with you. Same with OU. Sad but true.

It's a joke. Ohio St has a valid claim to be in the playoffs. I think there should be a system in place where they get in. But not in the current system, at the expense of two teams with better resumes, better losses, and stronger schedules. Out of the 3 in the running for the final spot, OSU was a clear 3rd. That being said, i personally believe anyone that can play a power-5 schedule with only one loss deserves a shot at the playoffs. this season, 3 of 4 playoff teams are power-5 teams with one loss. No team that did make the playoffs was head and shoulders above the 5th and 6th place teams (I'm not saying Bama and Oregon aren't better, but I am saying their seasons as a whole weren't all that much better). An 8-team playoff would ensure that essentially every year any team who can make it through the power 5 conferences with 1 loss would make the playoffs, and also leave leeway for a team like Marshall to get a chance (had they remained undefeated). 8 is the way to go. The only positive about all this is that it only took one season to have a situation where there is a legitimate gripe about the new system that will exert pressure and garner support to expand to 8.

Vegas got the Top 4 right before the season

http://i.imgur.com/ltfEG26.png?1

To think Baylor and TCU wonder how they got screwed.

Two small, Southern, private schools. The NCAA has a TV market that would not have been represented. So guess who got a "bump" in the end? I wonder how much Wisconsin got to take one for the team?  

C.R.E.A.M.

To think Baylor and TCU wonder how they got screwed.

Two small, Southern, private schools. The NCAA has a TV market that would not have been represented. So guess who got a "bump" in the end? I wonder how much Wisconsin got to take one for the team?

C.R.E.A.M.

It would have been pretty embarrassing for the first ever college football playoff bowls to have to break out the tarps to cover empty seats. They won't have this problem with the teams they picked.

It would have been pretty embarrassing for the first ever college football playoff bowls to have to break out the tarps to cover empty seats. They won't have this problem with the teams they picked.

If Baylor had been picked lets say in the sugar bowl then there would be fans. Briles is the epitome (?) of texas football and can bring in the fans because people want him to do well and showcase the state. Plus baylor grads have the money to travel. TCU I do not think would have brought fans in the same way.

As for the picks the committee had their hands tied. Ohio State just destroyed Wisconsin, a one loss team. They made sense.

If TCU got in then their would be riots in Waco.

If a Baylor got in then their would be riots on University St.

The safest bet was to just pick Ohio State and stay out of the big 12 controversy as much as possible and say hey y'all don't have a championship game.

If Baylor had been picked lets say in the sugar bowl then there would be fans. Briles is the epitome (?) of texas football and can bring in the fans because people want him to do well and showcase the state. Plus baylor grads have the money to travel. TCU I do not think would have brought fans in the same way.

As for the picks the committee had their hands tied. Ohio State just destroyed Wisconsin, a one loss team. They made sense.

If TCU got in then their would be riots in Waco.

If a Baylor got in then their would be riots on University St.

The safest bet was to just pick Ohio State and stay out of the big 12 controversy as much as possible and say hey y'all don't have a championship game.

Agree with most all of that. But both tcu and Baylor travel poorly. Very poorly. Tickets to the Fiesta Bowl last year were literally going for $5. Tcu had a similar showing the year they played Wisconsin in the rose bowl.

Agree with most all of that. But both tcu and Baylor travel poorly. Very poorly. Tickets to the Fiesta Bowl last year were literally going for $5. Tcu had a similar showing the year they played Wisconsin in the rose bowl.

That's why I said Sugar Bowl. Lots of cheap flights from Hobby and Love to New Orleans. And if it's local who doesn't want to watch that Baylor offense.

That's why I said Sugar Bowl. Lots of cheap flights from Hobby and Love to New Orleans. And if it's local who doesn't want to watch that Baylor offense.

True. And the sugar bowl are the easiet tickets to move in general anyway. New Orleans on New Years is a little more appealing than Phoenix.

And I agree with most all of THIS, but this is the national championship we're talking about here. not only would their schools travel better, more casual fans would go watch. that's the problem with all of the bowls but one in years past... they didn't mean anything. at least now we have 3 games that count instead of 1.