Henderson 60 Jasper 43/Final

WOSgrad

Wow Jasper, what a run, and what a sad way to lose!  Henderson, congratulations on the win.  Good luck next week, I have seen Navasota twice now, and they can score as quickly, or more so, than Jasper.  Navasota has more offensive weapons.  I think they are probably as good as the 2012 Navasota State champhionship team, perhaps even quicker, but a tad smaller overall.  But you may be able to wear them down like you did Jasper.  I think you definitely will bring more size to the game than Navasota.  I feel that ultimately the size of your players is what finally wore the Jasper defense down.  I am going to call it a toss-up right now.

My recap:

Henderson offense: A+. Very diversified. They ran just as well as they threw the ball. The backs were great receivers as well as tough runners. The qb played near flawlessly. He always throws to his primary receiver, but can't blame him when they are that open. Very accurate thrower with a good arm. Qb is a big boy that is a good runner for his size.

Henderson defense: C. Nothing special, but they made a few big stops that were the difference. A few good hits too.

Jasper offense: A- Scored often. Scored on big plays. Scored on the ground, through air, on trick plays. Was a treat to watch them fight to try and stay in the game.

Jasper defense: D- Henderson shredded Jasper the whole night. They won the game on 3rd downs. Jasper simply could not stop them. I have deja vu from the first Burnet game. Why Jasper gave such talented receivers and qb such a huge cushion to run routes is beyond me. The slot receiver was sometimes 15 yards from the safety covering him when lined up. Jasper stopped the run here and there but Henderson had so much success through the air it just opened up their whole play book.

Special teams: not sure about those calls on the onside kicks. I suppose they were off-sides, but those would have been huge had Jasper gotten them. 2 pt conversions. Surely Jasper worked on stopping that this week, but man that was frustrating watching them convert 5 in a row with little resistance.

Final thoughts, Jasper has some very talented players, and although they had the speed to score they just didn't find the formula on defense. Didn't look like the Jasper defense I watched the last few weeks. Henderson looked very good on offense. Be hard for them to repeat that next week and they will have to win.

It was a frustrating game to listen to. Every time the Dawgs moved a step forward, they got knocked two steps back. Henderson's a heck of a football team and that game with Navasota should be a good one, but it could be that Henderson gets a taste of the same medicine we they gave us today. Navasota could very well be back in Arlington this year.