HJ vs Bellville

bullets13

HJ2012- I am not the one who brought up resumes. Notice that I specifically said: "I am shocked that anyone attempted to knock LaMarque's resume".

Mofo- You are correct that the Raiders won Super Bowls in the past. HJ has never won anything, EVER, including this year. What does that mean and what is your point?

Falcon I could care less if HJ was beat by Shady Homes Retirement Village. Truth be told, I do not have anything to prove for past years or future games. My son's play for the team so I will be 100% behind them win or lose.

The truth these past 2 seasons have been great the boys have played well and have given the school and the community something to be proud of. So I would much rather relish in the NOW unlike many of you who would want to bring up the past and I can only think that the reason you do it is to bring the program down (why else would you do it?) 

So you HJ haters keep living in the past bringing up the what was and used to be. We HJ fans will head to Houston to watch our team play in the SECOND round of the playoffs for the SECOND year in a row,  while many of you sit at home and wait for next year. Hey but you can pull out that scrap book an see how great your team once was.

I am VERY proud of the South East Texas Teams that are showing the talent we have in our little podunk corner of the world...WOS, OF, HJ, are still going and I am rooting for these boys... 

I said it last year and I will say it again. I tell my boys to enjoy the moment there are MANY of us on this very site that never got the chance to taste playoff water, I hear it taste a little sweeter than regular water. 

Falcon I could care less if HJ was beat by Shady Homes Retirement Village. Truth be told, I do not have anything to prove for past years or future games. My son's play for the team so I will be 100% behind them win or lose.
The truth these past 2 seasons have been great the boys have played well and have given the school and the community something to be proud of. So I would much rather relish in the NOW unlike many of you who would want to bring up the past and I can only think that the reason you do it is to bring the program down (why else would you do it?) 

So you HJ haters keep living in the past bringing up the what was and used to be. We HJ fans will head to Houston to watch our team play in the SECOND round of the playoffs for the SECOND year in a row,  while many of you sit at home and wait for next year. Hey but you can pull out that scrap book an see how great your team once was.

I am VERY proud of the South East Texas Teams that are showing the talent we have in our little podunk corner of the world...WOS, OF, HJ, are still going and I am rooting for these boys... 

I said it last year and I will say it again. I tell my boys to enjoy the moment there are MANY of us on this very site that never got the chance to taste playoff water, I hear it taste a little sweeter than regular water.

MOFO- I think several of these posters have been drinking that lemon water and have a bitter taste In their mouth because their teams are done.
Unlike them, I will support all setx teams while they are still playing. Although my support will go to HJ when they again meet up with Orangefield and then WOS.

Go Hawks!

MoFo- I did not "bring up the past". Your HJ crew did by attempting the tear down one of the all time great programs in the history of Texas in LaMarque. I responded to YOUR post. Read carefully. I appreciate that you support your team and if you go back and check the record you will find that have supported HJ all year. I hope they win this week.   

"HJ has never won anything, EVER, including this year. "

Oh, I am sorry Falcon I did not realize how supportive this statement was until I read it again.

Not "tearing down" any program, I am just stating a fact that teams will go up and down year to year based on talent, coaching, grades, and competition. Fans and communities should jump up and grasp all they can while they are up because sooner or later you will be in a slump again. I have no problem with any fan screaming from the rooftops when they are on top, they should, on the other hand I find it poor taste to point out a team's past and "remind" the fans how terrible they where in the past when they are enjoying their success kind of comes off like sour grapes.

You have to realize most fans (per child) have about 2-3 (sophomore-senior) years to enjoy their program when it REALLY means something to them (their child actually involved) be it cheer, player, trainer, band, drill team etc. So if you are having success in those years suck up every bit of it and enjoy the ride. 

HJ2012- I am not the one who brought up resumes. Notice that I specifically said: "I am shocked that anyone attempted to knock LaMarque's resume".

Mofo- You are correct that the Raiders won Super Bowls in the past. HJ has never won anything, EVER, including this year. What does that mean and what is your point?

I read you loud and clear, I was simply asking the question. I didn't tarnish anyone's resume. I just asked what it was going to do for them THIS year.

It will not help them this year and I never said it would or indicated anything similar. They do have an abundance of talent that will help them.

You brought up a resume being tarnished, and I simply asked what that resume would do for them this year. Bellville doesn't have the size that HJ does. Do you see that being an issue for them?

It could be an issue. Sometimes it is hard to determine the actual size until the players are on the field with your players. We played a school a few years ago that I thought was significantly undersized when I went to scout them. When we played the game I was somewhat mistaken about the size and severely mistaken about any advantage gained.

It could be an issue. Sometimes it is hard to determine the actual size until the players are on the field with your players. We played a school a few years ago that I thought was significantly undersized when I went to scout them. When we played the game I was somewhat mistaken about the size and severely mistaken about any advantage gained.

Over on the Down Low forums, the Bellville guys said they were a very small team. I know HJ has a lot of size, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If you can't get past a blocker when playing defense against the Slot-T, you stand no chance. I think HJ will exploit that and use the size to their advantage.

I most certainly did, absolutely NO ONE could've predicted that Orangefield RB to go over 300 yds rushing, kudos to him, played the best game of the year that particular night to secure the win cause without him I tend to believe the outcome was going to be different.

I could've given you a freebie here Buddy. OF is better than Kashmere - I.e., I think they would win like 7 or 8 out of 10 playing them. I predicted they would win by 14 and they did. Choate had a great game, no doubt, but it was also an extremely dominant performance by the OL. QB went over 100 too and probably had as many or more ypc as Choate. After OF killed HF, I was pretty certain no team in that district other than LM should beat OF. And OF might play LM this year closer than some would think.

I would not count on them being overwhelmed in any phase of the game. They have only played 3 teams this year that did not make the playoffs. They won a tough district.

Making the playoffs this year isn't as difficult to do. As far as their tough district goes, I'm not so sure. Wharton, yes, a good team, and the only reason that game didn't go into OT is because Wharton either mishandled a snap on the PAT or tried to run a fake and couldn't get in the end-zone. Wharton looked to be pretty dominant in that game. I think Sweeny would lose to OF and the HJ/OF/WO-S district is far tougher than theirs. They only have two teams left which is the third place team and Bellville. I don't think HJ will dominate them, but I do think their size will be a great advantage, especially in the trenches.

2 of 4 still playing vs. 3 of 4 still playing. Your 3 of 4 won games against HISD. The one who played a non-HISD school lost. I am not sure on how you base your claim about your district being tougher?

I have been watching HJ football for 40 years and I would say this is the most talented group of boys as a whole we have ever had..the coaching is no doubt the best in school history..so you people that want to get on here and run a bunch of young men down for having their best season in school history go ahead..but it really makes you look like a person with no class..and as far as a teams history..well it does seem like you would know that history started at one point or another..and who are you to say this is not the start of HJ history?

2 of 4 still playing vs. 3 of 4 still playing. Your 3 of 4 won games against HISD. The one who played a non-HISD school lost. I am not sure on how you base your claim about your district being tougher?

Well the 4th place team in our district, who is significantly worse than our top three, played La Marque to almost the same score that their 3rd place team did. The second place team is already gone, so that leaves the equivalent of HF and Bellville left. I'd much rather take OF/HJ/WO-S over that district. I know it really has no bearing, but HJ seemed to have their way with Sweeny last year, if that can be offered up as some comparison between the two.

Team Game- everyone who plays HISD teams will always still be in the playoffs. If you win this week it will be legitimate.

You actually did seem to be supportive of HJ earlier this year. Now I am thinking it wasn't about HJ, it was about irritating the other schools. You spoke highly of us earlier, now we re nothing?

HJ didn't choose which team they played, they just played the next team on the schedule. The next one is Bellville. Win or Lose, this has been a historic year for HJ. But, I still think they will end up with the victory. Our team history may not be as long as others, but our success is recent.

When have I said a SINGLE negative thing about HJ? One thing negative? The only thing that could possibly be considered negative was the reference to HJ's football resume but that is nothing other factual.

Make no mistake, Bellville is the favorite in this game. I have not read ONE prediction from any sight where HJ is picked to win. I hope HJ wins as it will be good for the school. HJ85 has already stated that he has never seen anything like this in his life.