The Official We're Not As Good As We Thought We Were - HJ Fan Thread

TxHoops

WOS is the bully on the block !!! District Championships goes through them like it or not .  i like the way HJ was playing ball i was really impressed with them especially on defense . but in the last 3 games they have given up 109 points that is 36 a game !!! i didnt see that coming . they gave up 39 to HF it actually would have been 41 if they make the 2 extra points after the touchdowns. That D better shore up and some passing plays  better come out in the next few weeks . they are 8-1 and im sure they will finish up 9-1 but if they fall short of what was done last year this will be a big dissapointment  . i think this years team is way better than their last years team , we will see in the next few weeks . watch them cameras and press clippings !!!

Congrats to WOS. Did what you needed to do. Refs were horrible. Have been all year. And I mean that for both teams. If everything works out right. Well maybe we meet up again. Go Hawks. Good luck in the playoffs WOS. Represent. I'll be rooting for ya. Hoping to get that rematch.

good post same to hj good luck hope to see u again

WOS handled buisness we did not. You can not make mistakes against a team like WOS we made many. Your running game hit us hard and it was right up the middle we have to stop that.

That should be a huge relief to those WOS fans who have been lamenting about the run game. To have a back go over 200 yds by punching a big, physical defense right in the mouth is promising. If they find a nice balance with that offense, look out come playoff time.

That should be a huge relief to those WOS fans who have been lamenting about the run game. To have a back go over 200 yds by punching a big, physical defense right in the mouth is promising. If they find a nice balance with that offense, look out come playoff time.

I agree with that HJ was dead set on covering your pass game and you took it to us on the ground. A two headed monster is tough to beat

I came into this game thinking that HJ was one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the region.  I left feeling the same way.  So I wouldn't say they aren't as good as i thought they were.  I picked HJ leading up to this game because as an HJ fan i was supposed to, but i told AAW in the parking lot of the preview show that i kind of expected WOS to win.  But i didn't leave this game tonight thinking that HJ wasn't as good as i thought they were.  they busted their butts, fought back from an early 14-0 hole to make it a game, and fought through a game-changing call to pull back within one score pretty late in the 3rd, which in all reality shouldve tied it up.  some of the final deficit was a result in HJ's one-dimensional offense, but without the gift touchdown that one-dimensional offensive is still a viable play for HJ midway through the fourth.  instead, they throw a pick on what for them would've been a running down, and WOS pulls away after a 20-yard TD drive and then a fumble return once HJ was out of the game.  So for a team to go toe-to-toe for most of the game with an incredibly talented football team, overcoming several obstacles along the way... I'd say they're still who i thought they were.  Not quite in WOS's league, but much closer than in years past, and good enough to beat them if a few breaks go their way.

I came into this game thinking that HJ was one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the region. I left feeling the same way. So I wouldn't say they aren't as good as i thought they were. I picked HJ leading up to this game because as an HJ fan i was supposed to, but i told AAW in the parking lot of the preview show that i kind of expected WOS to win. But i didn't leave this game tonight thinking that HJ wasn't as good as i thought they were. they busted their butts, fought back from an early 14-0 hole to make it a game, and fought through a game-changing call to pull back within one score pretty late in the 3rd, which in all reality shouldve tied it up. some of the final deficit was a result in HJ's one-dimensional offense, but without the gift touchdown that one-dimensional offensive is still a viable play for HJ midway through the fourth. instead, they throw a pick on what for them would've been a running down, and WOS pulls away after a 20-yard TD drive and then a fumble return once HJ was out of the game. So for a team to go toe-to-toe for most of the game with an incredibly talented football team, overcoming several obstacles along the way... I'd say they're still who i thought they were. Not quite in WOS's league, but much closer than in years past, and good enough to beat them if a few breaks go their way.

so...is wos who u thought they were u usually give it straight is why I'm asking

Absolutely. I knew HJ was in for a dogfight, and I knew that HJ would need some breaks to beat them. WOS is awesome. Dallas can beat you through the air, contain him some, and then Teate can beat you on the ground. Add to that a stingy defense, and the stangs are LEGIT. That's why I have been frustrated tonight trying to talk about the game. Because while I do feel the hawks were screwed on a game changing call, it should take nothing away from how good WOS is, nor does it change the fact that they were the better team tonight. I felt like the game was closer than the scoreboard indicated, but I left upset because I would've liked to have seen how things would've played out without that call, not because I thought HJ lost a game they should've won.

I would not brag W0-S, I think you have only played HJ 8 times and only won 8 times. Good luck throughout the playoffs. Humm, seems like a few weeks ago, I heard a few WO-S people complaining about old fashion coaching. I say you have the best coach in the state.

ummm it's 11-0 but yeah I get ur point

I would not brag W0-S, I think you have only played HJ 8 times and only won 8 times. Good luck throughout the playoffs. Humm, seems like a few weeks ago, I heard a few WO-S people complaining about old fashion coaching.  I say you have the best coach in the state

These coaches are blessed to have talent that is natural. These young men have dads, uncles, brothers, and such who mold them into awesome football players. The have role models such as E. Thomas, K. Smith, Cole's dad and others who play a big role into motivating them. Yes you are correct coach T is a fantastic coach, but it takes more than that.