West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

For what it's worth, went to kbmt and watched the highlights, and they showed the punt. Doesn't appear to touch an HJ player, and the announcer is adamant that he looked at it several times and that HJ didn't touch it. Still, great game, WOS likely wins anyway, and hope like hell we see you guys again in the playoffs. Good luck, stay healthy, and represent the district and setx going forward in what is hopefully a deep playoff run. I'm going to bed. For real this time. I think. :)

Vype video still didn't show it. But no one who has seen the film said it was touched. Usually, even if it's hard to tell, you can see the ball change trajectory. In any event, you are correct. It was a huge momentum swing. And Bedelmon actually stated it well in his post - bad call but you have to be able to overcome it.

In the end, this game was won where big football games are won. WOS controlled the line of scrimmage. For HJ to have any chance against the mustangs, they can't get beat in the trenches. Tonight, they most certainly did.

really?  every penalty i saw called on WOS looked legit to me.  and except the late hit calls at the very end of the game that weren't called and would've had no impact on the result, i didn't see HJ benefitting much from the refs either. The refs also gave you 7 points, which killed HJ's momentum AND gameplan, leading to a couple of scores late that may or may not would've happened had things played out properly.  WOS outgained HJ by 60 yards, and 30 or so of those came after the failed onside when Teate was padding his stats.  WOS may be the better team, but a 7 point win would've been more representative of the game played tonight than 21, IMO.   

I thought you weren't going to post again until tomorrow. 

Every penalty against WO-S looked legit to you? All 13 of them? Sounds like the refs did a GOOD job when it came to yellow hankies only against WO-S.

Do you think that the mere 4 called against HJ was the total number of offenses they committed all night? Were they ever called for holding? With our fast aggressive front seven, we get held every game against every opponent and it hardly ever gets called. Not one holding call tonight, and it WAS happening. No personal fouls against HJ for the cheap shots? Are you upset about that?

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have convinced yourself that this really was a close game and HJ had a shot to win if not for that phantom punt return call. What you fail to realize is that all of the flag happy calls made against WO-S (and no, they were not all good calls) were DRIVE KILLERS for WO-S that kept us from scoring more points...and we still won by THREE TDs.

Stop posting, please. You've become delusional. WO-S was the better team and they won this game convincingly.   

The refs made questionable calls all game. Even what looked to be simple calls took them longer than it should have. Then they let the chippy play get out of control at the end. Take hold of the game, that's your job.

WO-S took care of business in the trenches like has already been mentioned. They gave up a few big plays and had a hard time stopping that misdirection to Moreaux, who is a stud. I'm also curious as to why Josh Jack wasn't used earlier in the game. But that's just an observation. The Mustangs get a bye and then Houston Scarborough. And most likely La Marque in their half of the bracket.

H-J is good. But not "there".

Both teams were messed up with the ref's calls. But both teams will also do damage in the playoffs

Hardly. But whatever you choose to believe. The better team won, sure. Out gaining a team by 56 yards, getting a free TD, and a defensive score when the game was already over and winning by 21 isn't an arse whooping. A solid win, maybe, but to act like that play didn't have an effect on the scoreline and overall game is as big of a disservice to the hawks as it would be a disservice to the stangs if I said they still didn't deserve to win.

Out gaining a team by 56 yards doesn't tell the whole story. That has a lot to do with field position and how far you have to go in order to score. Most of HJ's yards came on two plays. The WO-S defense kept HJ in check for the most part. 

Keep your heads up HJ. You have a good team and a lot to be proud of. These posts have a way of working us up into a frenzy that makes the loss that much tougher. HJ needs to dust themselves off, put this one behind them, and start to prepare for next week. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger..,old Indian proverb. "Be wary of a man that doesn't speak, and a dog that doesn't bark." Good luck to both teams headed to the playoffs and represent SE Texas with honor!

I thought you weren't going to post again until tomorrow.

Every penalty against WO-S looked legit to you? All 13 of them? Sounds like the refs did a GOOD job when it came to yellow hankies only against WO-S.

Do you think that the mere 4 called against HJ was the total number of offenses they committed all night? Were they ever called for holding? With our fast aggressive front seven, we get held every game against every opponent and it hardly ever gets called. Not one holding call tonight, and it WAS happening. No personal fouls against HJ for the cheap shots? Are you upset about that?

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have convinced yourself that this really was a close game and HJ had a shot to win if not for that phantom punt return call. What you fail to realize is that all of the flag happy calls made against WO-S (and no, they were not all good calls) were DRIVE KILLERS for WO-S that kept us from scoring more points...and we still won by THREE TDs.

Stop posting, please. You've become delusional. WO-S was the better team and they won this game convincingly.

PREACH!

I have to say, a team has 13 penalties and the other team has 4, and the team with 4 wants to complain about the officials? Not sure I understand that situation.

I agree the punt situation was a significant play in the game. But to ignore the fact that one team was flagged 9 more times than the other and a predominantly running team (HJ) never gets called for holding against an aggressive, speedy defense like the Mustangs, is just flat out wrong.

Obviously I wasn't there, but talked to a few who were (from both sides). The 3 TD win by WO-S is legit. No "if, and's or but's".

As for the dirty play at the end, no comment. ;)

As I stated before this game kicked off, no matter who won, both teams are still high quality teams and will not surprise me to see these two face each other again.

Congrats Mustangs on a well deserved win.

I have to say, a team has 13 penalties and the other team has 4, and the team with 4 wants to complain about the officials? Not sure I understand that situation.

I agree the punt situation was a significant play in the game. But to ignore the fact that one team was flagged 9 more times than the other and a predominantly running team (HJ) never gets called for holding against an aggressive, speedy defense like the Mustangs, is just flat out wrong.

Obviously I wasn't there, but talked to a few who were (from both sides). The 3 TD win by WO-S is legit. No "if, and's or but's".

As for the dirty play at the end, no comment. ;)

As I stated before this game kicked off, no matter who won, both teams are still high quality teams and will not surprise me to see these two face each other again.

Congrats Mustangs on a well deserved win.

Awesome post!!!!!! I really don't understand how one call against them means we barely won! On one drive they got 2 15 yard penaltys which helped them 30 yards on one drive! I would say that it helped you get in the game but that's what happens in high school! Refs suck!!!! I said this all week that refs would screw this up! HJ has nothing to be down about! That offense is potent! The sophomore is fast as hell and gonna kill people and of course #7 looks like Brian Urlacher out there! HJ is not the same team they are legit but I must admit the only things that upset me last night were the cheap shots at the end and why was the grass 4inches thick! A parent from HJ told me earlier this year that it was gonna be that way but dang I was laughing because you couldn't see the players shoes last night! What's up with that?

Here is my .02, and this may offend a few people.

The better team last night won.  Period!!!  End of story.  HJ has improved a ton, but they are not on WOS level.  I have read post on here for weeks and months about how this was the year.  This is the year, for HJ to have the best record in school history and to hopefully make another deep run in the playoffs.  But heart and determination will only take you so far against a athletic and experienced team like WOS.  Not to mention all of the bulletin board material that a few posters have given to WOS.  The WOS team was jacked up at the beginning of the game like I have never seen a team.  HJ fought their tails off last night, and played WOS as close as they have maybe ever.  Takes small steps to climb the mountain Hawks!!!  Keep taking those steps and you will get there.  I have become a believer in my Hawks, but for anyone to honestly believe that HJ was the better team coming in to the game last night was looking through rose colored glasses.  Best of luck to the Mustangs down the road, and best of luck to my Hawks in the playoffs.  Hopefully they meet again in the regional finals.

I personally wish we would not hear "refs" again. WOS came in and won the game PERIOD, they beat us they played quality football HJ did not. HJ turned the ball over WOS did not. WOS controlled the Line of Scrimmage HJ did not.

As far as the penalty differential I will say this WOS committed I believe 4 personal fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct, and actually while one of the PF was being discussed a WOS player did or said something to an official that made him throw another flag that he ended up picking up and waving off???? One mustang ( I belive the running back) actually threw a punch on a HJ player was flagged and penalized. I as a spectator and TASO official have no clue how the player was not ejected from the game.
All that said I have not seen that much lack of discipline from WOS EVER and I would lay odds Coach T will address it quickly. I would expect to see that kind of mannerism from another team that is not in our district schedule anymore

The flag that was waived off was called against coach T not a mustang player. From what the announcers were saying on the radio, Padgett was overly aggressive on the football field. This is a mistake when you play WOS, it puts your team at a disadvantage scheme wise. They will stand up for themselves. That said, HJ good team good luck in the playoffs.   

Glad you said that, mofo. Several dead ball fouls made the penalty disparity larger than it should've been. HJ doesn't get called for holding much because their plays are over so quickly. They don't have to protect but for a second and then the back is either down or through the hole. They don't have a qb dropping back and scrambling around 20 times a game looking for someone downfield, forcing linemen to sustain blocks.

Here is my .02, and this may offend a few people.

The better team last night won.  Period!!!  End of story.  HJ has improved a ton, but they are not on WOS level.  I have read post on here for weeks and months about how this was the year.  This is the year, for HJ to have the best record in school history and to hopefully make another deep run in the playoffs.  But heart and determination will only take you so far against a athletic and experienced team like WOS.  Not to mention all of the bulletin board material that a few posters have given to WOS.  The WOS team was jacked up at the beginning of the game like I have never seen a team.  HJ fought their tails off last night, and played WOS as close as they have maybe ever.  Takes small steps to climb the mountain Hawks!!!  Keep taking those steps and you will get there.  I have become a believer in my Hawks, but for anyone to honestly believe that HJ was the better team coming in to the game last night was looking through rose colored glasses.  Best of luck to the Mustangs down the road, and best of luck to my Hawks in the playoffs.  Hopefully they meet again in the regional finals.

Great post. That fire from the Mustangs was the same fire we saw last year, When we were supposed to be the favorites. They ca me out and knocked the Tigers in the dirt and we never even sat up after that much less made it to our knees. I find it hard to belie they get up like for every game but definitely do for the big ones.

Ice, to slow the stangs down.lol btw, Mo is a good guy. Mo, Ice is a good guy. Give each other a hug and move on. I know both of ya'll and would hate to see hard feelings.

You know me BH no hard feelings I speak my mind and appreciate those that do the same. I never look down or dislike a person for their opinions I judge a person on their integrity and character if you stand up for ice waters then i know he must have both.

Still doesn't mean I have to agree with him.. I mean I have 2 great friends that are DEMOCRATS..,yet I can still sit and have a beer with them... LOL