West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

TD spin how you want I was there, players will mouth and jabber to each other, I get that but I was on the sideline close to half and heard 2 separate WOS players direct snide comments to our coaching staff. (And yes I can quote the comments) sorry in my book that is lapse (not lack because I know Ciach T would not stand for it) in discipline... You treat the opposing coaches as they are your own

Lol. Back to looking for that buck that said we were suppose to meet this morning.

How can people say 7 points were given to west Orange. I heard for over a week how good HJ defense is. And if that were true they would have stopped the Mustangs from scoring after the punt play and taken the momentum back. That's what great teams do. HJ is a good team, not great. And Like i said before HJ hadn't played a team close to the Mustangs talent and it showed last night.

pretty narrowminded if you ask me, to be honest.  give one of the best teams in the state with an explosive offense an 18-yard field while simultaneously sucker punching the opposing team with a horrendous call, and then blame that opposing team for not stopping them rather than the officials for blowing (more like manufacturing) the call, or giving credit to WOS for being a team that is usually going to score when starting a drive in the red zone, regardless of the opponent. 

TD spin how you want I was there, players will mouth and jabber to each other, I get that but I was on the sideline close to half and heard 2 separate WOS players direct snide comments to our coaching staff. (And yes I can quote the comments) sorry in my book that is lapse (not lack because I know Ciach T would not stand for it) in discipline... You treat the opposing coaches as they are your own

sounds as bad as an assistant coach throwing his hat except it was a kid ur referring to and the coach was an adult smh

next paragraph u assumed hj would score so yes assume we score

i don't believe i've done that anywhere.  i've stated that things might have gone differently without the punt call.  the only two guarantees that i can make is that A) the score is 14-7 at the half without that call, and B) if all things play out the same going into the 4th quarter, in the hypothetical situation that WOS didn't get the freebie at the end of the half, and HJ is down one score instead of two, they don't throw the pick that iced the game.  i don't assume anything else.  I'm on record several times as saying that i still think WOS wins. 

Guys, we're wasting our time. HJ fans have to have the last word. I guess that would be considered a moral victory. They're definitely winning the battle of words per post. LOL!

I'm terribly guilty of that.  apologies in advance.  I think it mostly stems from my frustration of posters who make one sentence statements with nothing to back it up.  If i'm going to come on here and say that the score should've been closer, i'm going to tell you why i think so.  I'm not just going to say "it could've easily been a 7-point game last night".  I'm going to tell you why.  If you disagree, no worries, but at least you'll know why i feel that way :)

sounds as bad as an assistant coach throwing his hat except it was a kid ur referring to and the coach was an adult smh

Ok I will put it in a question format. Name me one scenario where a high school player is justified making a slide comment to an opposing coach,

I can't believe the amount of whining

lots of it, and i'm the biggest contributor.  but anyone who thinks that in a game of this magnitude, had that call been reversed and WOS had somehow lost, that there wouldn't be just as much from the other side is crazy.  Truly, had that call gone against any team in a game that they had given themselves a chance to compete in and possibly win, their fanbase would be just as upset.  this is just getting 10X the talk because of how big a game it was, and all of the local interest, which spans beyond just the two fan bases, and a lot of talk from HJ hawks because it brings up a lot of "what might've happened" in a game we've been waiting for many, many years.

I'm terribly guilty of that. apologies in advance. I think it mostly stems from my frustration of posters who make one sentence statements with nothing to back it up. If i'm going to come on here and say that the score should've been closer, i'm going to tell you why i think so. I'm not just going to say "it could've easily been a 7-point game last night". I'm going to tell you why. If you disagree, no worries, but at least you'll know why i feel that way :)

Fair enough my friend. Be Blessed!

i don't believe i've done that anywhere.  i've stated that things might have gone differently without the punt call.  the only two guarantees that i can make is that A) the score is 14-7 at the half without that call, and B) if all things play out the same going into the 4th quarter, in the hypothetical situation that WOS didn't get the freebie at the end of the half, and HJ is down one score instead of two, they don't throw the pick that iced the game.  i don't assume anything else.  I'm on record several times as saying that i still think WOS wins. 

I don't see how you can guarantee that the score remains 14-7 at half without that call. Who's to say HJ fumbles and WO-S recovers? It could very well have happened just like you think HJ runs out the clock to end half.

Ok I will put it in a question format. Name me one scenario where a high school player is justified making a slide comment to an opposing coach,

never I understand that part but u should have told coach t he would have handled it right then just for u lol,now tell me when a grown ass man should throw his hat toward a kid in frustration

I don't see how you can guarantee that the score remains 14-7 at half without that call. Who's to say HJ fumbles and WO-S recovers? It could very well have happened just like you think HJ runs out the clock to end half.

HJ was going to runt he clock out.  Content with going in down 14-7, knowing they were gonna get ball at half.

the odds are right up there with them breaking a 90 yard run and going in tied at the half.  i'll stick with that guarantee.  they kneel there.

HJ was going to runt he clock out.  Content with going in down 14-7, knowing they were gonna get ball at half.

But I have seen enough high school football in my life time to know that a miss handled snap can occur at any time, even in a kneel down play.

My point, the hypothetical works both ways.

never I understand that part but u should have told coach t he would have handled it right then just for u lol,now tell me when a grown ass man should throw his hat toward a kid in frustration

Never and I know the HJ coaches would not do that. I've coached there are times I have had to set stuff down to keep it from flying and that is not on the HS level. I have also been the official in many games and have seen frustration taken out on hats, headsets and towels many times. If the asst coach threw a hat I can assure you it was not at a player.

Never and I know the HJ coaches would not do that. I've coached there are times I have had to set stuff down to keep it from flying and that is not on the HS level. I have also been the official in many games and have seen frustration taken out on hats, headsets and towels many times. If the asst coach threw a hat I can assure you it was not at a player.

the first sentence here sums it up,I seen it point blank and so did ur whole team but it's all good

alright, i'm really done.  i've stated my case too many times.  WOS, great game, great team, deserved win. HJ, tough break, hard fought, and showed for large chunks of the game you can go toe to toe with one of the best in the state.  Very proud of the hawks and how far they've come, and very impressed with the stangs and good they are.  good luck to both moving forward, and hopefully we meet again in a bigger venue with better refs.  I have to get out of this thread before i develop carpel tunnel, or have a seizure, or do both.  While I disagree with what the final scoreline should've been, and have gone back and forth with several of you guys, WOS fans absolutely should be proud of their team and feel like their team deserved the win they got.  If you've responded to me, i'm not going to read it, because it will only start me up again.  time to go sight in the .308 and make sure i'm ready for deer hunting this evening.  adios, and God bless.  oh, and see you guys in some HJ threads later ;)  It's killing me not to go look at the 7 new replies already made.