West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

WOS win, HJ Loss, Ref's made some questionably calls , there is no instant replay or challenge in High School Football. Hard fought football game. I did not care for HJ antic's of poor sportsmanship near the end of the game, lost some repect for them. Weather you win or lose , do it with class.

Agreed. Do you think running your 1st string running back with under a minute left so he could hit 200 yards was classy when two kneel downs would end it? Do you think doing so might have led to the hawks players trying to crush him? Not excusing the late hits at the end of the game, but I saw taunting from both sides, a punch thrown (or at least a hard two handed shove to the face) by WOS, and emotions get the best of both teams at times. Not sure how HJ is the only team worthy of being called classless in this situation. I thought the whole situation at the end of the game marred what had been a pretty clean, hard fought game.

Out gaining a team by 56 yards doesn't tell the whole story. That has a lot to do with field position and how far you have to go in order to score. Most of HJ's yards came on two plays. The WO-S defense kept HJ in check for the most part.

HJ had two plays account for about 125 yards. WOS had two plays that accounted for over 100. Still not seeing where this total domination comes in. WOS was better, which I've said several times, but I don't remember all of these drive killing penalties. Maybe one or two, but that's all. Thinking back, i can remember just about every flag, and almost all of them had no real effect on wos. either wos came back to pick up the 1st, or hj failed to do anything after getting a 1st down off a penalty. I'm just having a hard time with the whole attitude of "WOS was clearly 21 points better" from several WOS posters when A) 7 points were given to y'all (which stretched the win to 21), B ) y'all barely out gained HJ, even when continuing to run up yards when a kneel down would've ended it and C) there's absolutely no way to factor in how the game would've played out if the hawks hadnt been put way behind the 8ball at the end of the 1st half, taking them out of their game plan and offense.

I was told years ago about a thing called Swagger... There is 2 things in this world that will ruin my week.. First is getting our butts kicked by Nederland, 2nd is getting our butts kicked by WOS. WOS plays with Swagger, thats just a cool word for fire.. They will light you up at any given time.. Sometimes that could be after a play, during a play, before a play, etc. Its something I wish we had, but that being said, if you let the SWAGGER get to you, and you let the officiating get to you, guess what, you lose.. It happened to PNG this year after dominating the first half, the SWAGGER shut us up the second half...  But what I have learned over the years is this... As bad as I hate to lose to Ned and WOS, they are my second favorite teams... You hear about it game after game, but the results stay the same... And at the end of the day, everybody loves or hates a winner.... I just happen to love a winner.... WOS keep it up, because like my ole buddy EG said, everybody knows who WOS is... Can you say the same..

HJ had two plays account for about 125 yards. WOS had two plays that accounted for over 100. Still not seeing where this total domination comes in. WOS was better, which I've said several times, but I don't remember all of these drive killing penalties. Maybe one or two, but that's all. Thinking back, i can remember just about every flag, and almost all of them had no real effect on wos. either wos came back to pick up the 1st, or hj failed to do anything after getting a 1st down off a penalty. I'm just having a hard time with the whole attitude of "WOS was clearly 21 points better" from several WOS posters when A) 7 points were given to y'all (which stretched the win to 21), B ) y'all barely out gained HJ, even when continuing to run up yards when a kneel down would've ended it and C) there's absolutely no way to factor in how the game would've played out if the hawks hadnt been put way behind the 8ball at the end of the 1st half, taking them out of their game plan and offense.

You're still talking about one play. IF the officiating WOULD'VE been better, you WOULD'VE been beaten worse. Let's be real. 13 penalties to your 4? They were momentum killers for us too. WOS has been taught to not allow the penalty differences effect them to a point to where it effects their play on the field. For the majority of our games, we've ALWAYS been the most penalized team. That's nothing new to us. We've ALWAYS overcome that, just like we did last night. That's a credit to our coaching staff.

You're still talking about one play. IF the officiating WOULD'VE been better, you WOULD'VE been beaten worse. Let's be real. 13 penalties to your 4? They were momentum killers for us too. WOS has been taught to not allow the penalty differences effect them to a point to where it effects their play on the field. For the majority of our games, we've ALWAYS been the most penalized team. That's nothing new to us. We've ALWAYS overcome that, just like we did last night. That's a credit to our coaching staff.

If what you say is true then it seems like you may need to focus on some discipline and your wins may be bigger. I have only seen WOS play a couple of times in the past few years I have not thought that they played what some would call dirty, but if you are averaging 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties each game you may want to evaluate some attitudes

Anyone that says the "punt play" was not a factor in the game is either an idiot or naive.  Totally changed momentum.  Totally changed mindset.  Not saying outcome would have been any different.  And the penalty flag deal is what it is.  The more aggressive team usually gets called for more penalties.  And the reason they hurt WOS more, is because they were deal ball personal fouls, and not your garden variety holds or false starts.

the reason i keep coming back on here is not to whine about the punt, although a lot of my issue centers around that play.  What bothers me is those that come on here and act like it wasn't a pivotal play, and want to pretend that WOS just hammered HJ.  There's no way to calculate how the game would've changed had that call not been blown.  clearly WOS scores one less touchdown, because HJ runs the clock out to end the half.  there's no way to factor what happens after that.  maybe the HJ offense doesn't come out to start the 3rd looking like someone just shot their dog?  i can guarantee they don't throw a pick deep in their own territory on 2nd down with 8 minutes to go if they're not down 2 scores.  and if that doesn't happen, maybe they don't fumble which was returned for a score, on a miscommunication where they were clearly in shellshock after the previous score.  impossible to quantify how things would've changed, or the effect that had on the hawks players.  but my main point is that it sure would've been nice had they not had to try and overcome that sort of blown call against one of the best teams in the state.  It galls me when i see the posters who weren't even there say stuff like "same ole HJ", or "WOS dominated them".  WOS looks much more impressive on the field.  Watching dallas scramble and make great passes, and teate bursting through the line was awesome.  much more exciting than HJ taking 3 plays to gain 11 yards.  but the HJ defense more than held their own, getting several 3 and outs.  and the offense scored 21 points against a defense they've averaged about 3 points a game against over the last 10 years or so.  And WOS outgained HJ by less than 60 yards.  I've seen some posters blame this on penalties, but that's simply not true.  WOS picked up a 2nd and 20 and a 3rd and 35 (yes, thats on the hawks defense).  the extra yards they picked up from those penalties actually distorted how evenly the teams gained yards.  truth be told, HJ D made several nice plays on 3rd and maneagable, forcing dallas to throw incomplete passes or stopping WOS RBs at the line.  wOS was more than good enough to win, and likely would've done so anyway.  but don't come on here acting like getting 7 free points at the end of the half, going in up 13, and crushing the momentum that HJ had built up was just no big deal.  HJ held WOS to about 15 yards in 3 drives in the 2nd quarter before the refs gave them an 18 yard field, and had finally broken through against the defense for a score of their own to pull within 7.  the third quarter was played evenly as well.  unfortunately, HJ had to play the 4th down 14, which their offense is not made to do. consequently they turned the ball over, letting WOS put away what had been a very even game from 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter on.  I could live with this a little more easily if they actually SHOULD have been down 14 at that point. 

If what you say is true then it seems like you may need to focus on some discipline and your wins may be bigger. I have only seen WOS play a couple of times in the past few years I have not thought that they played what some would call dirty, but if you are averaging 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties each game you may want to evaluate some attitudes

Just like last night, the second guy, the one retaliating gets the penalty.

Trust me, discipline is the last thing we need to worry about. IMO, I believe we're held to a higher standard than most teams as it relates to penalties. So I guess you believe that ALL those calls against us were justified. Okay. I'll let you have that. But did you see that effect the way we played?

Just like last night, the second guy, the one retaliating gets the penalty.

TD spin how you want I was there, players will mouth and jabber to each other, I get that but I was on the sideline close to half and heard 2 separate WOS players direct snide comments to our coaching staff. (And yes I can quote the comments) sorry in my book that is lapse (not lack because I know Ciach T would not stand for it) in discipline... You treat the opposing coaches as they are your own

many of them were dead ball fouls, and clearly earned.  if you actually take the time to think about the penalties, few if any had any outcome on the game.  1 against WOS in each of their first two drives.  they go down and score anyway.  2 against their d on HJ's first drive.  they don't score.  3 on their TD drive at the end of the 3rd.  a false start on a scoring drive in the 4th.  an offsides penalty that was obvious against the D on an HJ drive that stalled.  that's 8 right there that i can think of just off the top of my head that didn't have any effect on anything.  i doubt all five of the other ones were crucial.  i also can't remember HJ benefitting off of any no-calls where they gained some big advantage.  I'm with you 100% that the officiating was terrible both ways, but i have a hard time giving a lot of credence to an argument that a 13-4 difference in penalties was on the officials when so many of them were blatant calls.  clear faskmask, clear pass interference (could've should've been called defensive holding), both right in front of the ref, an obvious taunting on a TD score (although i do beieve that's a stupid rule), a player punching/pushing someone in the face after a play.  so take away the obvious ones, and make it 8-4 in penalties with WOS coming out on the short end.  now ask any hawk fan if they'll trade, assuming the hawks get a free bonus touchdown to end the half.  ;)

Well, I had created this earlier in the week.  I thought about holding it last night, but in light of some comments, I feel compelled to post this:

WOSgrad’s House O’ Crow

Located conveniently just outside the Home Stands at Hawk Stadium in Sour Lake for Instant Consumption

Entrés (All served with Beer to Cry in and Humble Pie)

1.   Chicken Fried Crow – Eat those words Southern Style!…Priceless
  2.   Blackened Crow – Color of crow to match your mood!…Priceless
  3.   Crow Etouffee – Crow served from waaay back in Louisiana!...Priceless
  4.   Barbequed Crow – Crow served with Texas flair!...Priceless
  5.   Peking crow – Crow with a recipe from across the ocean!...Priceless
  6.   Stewed crow – A favorite of Midwesterners who have to down this bird!...Priceless
  7.   Crow cacciatore – Slow cooked to go down smooth!...Priceless
  8.   Crow lasagna – Just like Mama Ceasar used to serve!...Priceless
  9.   Chow Chili – For the cold feeling you will be left with after the game!...Priceless

So come on over to the House O’Crow for a quick bite.  It beats whining about last night's game.

Well, I had created this earlier in the week. I thought about holding it last night, but in light of some comments, I feel compelled to post this:

WOSgrad’s House O’ Crow

Located conveniently just outside the Home Stands at Hawk Stadium in Sour Lake for Instant Consumption

• Chicken Fried Crow – Eat those words Southern Style!…Priceless
  • Blackened Crow – Color of crow to match your mood!…Priceless
  • Crow Etouffee – Crow served from waaay back in Louisiana!...Priceless
  • Barbequed Crow – Crow served with Texas flair!...Priceless
  • Peking crow – Crow with a recipe from across the ocean!...Priceless
  • Stewed crow – A favorite of Midwesterners who have to down this bird!...Priceless
  • Crow cacciatore – Slow cooked to go down smooth!...Priceless
  • Crow lasagna – Just like Mama Ceasar used to serve!...Priceless
  • Chow Chili – For the cold feeling you will be left with after the game!...Priceless
So come on over to the House O’Crow for a quick bite. It beats whining about last night's game.

I LOVE IT!

like u said in ur post 1 or 2 drive killing penalties I know u hj fans don't wanna hear this but if that's the case give wos 14 points and we give hj 7 more.do u like that better,didn't think so,just drop it so y'all don't stick yalls foot in da mouth anymore

Trust me, discipline is the last thing we need to worry about. IMO, I believe we're held to a higher standard than most teams as it relates to penalties. So I guess you believe that ALL those calls against us were justified. Okay. I'll let you have that. But did you see that effect the way we played?

I said nothing I went off what your fan is saying and I will stand by my comment if you are averaging more than ONE unspotsmanlike conduct call per game you have some attitudes to adjust PERIOD, and I am speaking as a dad, an official, and a coach.

How can people say 7 points were given to west Orange. I heard for over a week how good HJ defense is. And if that were true they would have stopped the Mustangs from scoring after the punt play and taken the momentum back. That's what great teams do. HJ is a good team, not great. And Like i said before HJ hadn't played a team close to the Mustangs talent and it showed last night.

How can people say 7 points were given to west Orange. I heard for over a week how good HJ defense is. And if that were true they would have stopped the Mustangs from scoring after the punt play and taken the momentum back. That's what great teams do. HJ is a good team, not great. And Like i said before HJ hadn't played a team close to the Mustangs talent and it showed last night.

good view about sums it up

Well, I had created this earlier in the week. I thought about holding it last night, but in light of some comments, I feel compelled to post this:

That's good stuff right there

WOSgrad’s House O’ Crow

• Chicken Fried Crow – Eat those words Southern Style!…Priceless
  • Blackened Crow – Color of crow to match your mood!…Priceless
  • Crow Etouffee – Crow served from waaay back in Louisiana!...Priceless
  • Barbequed Crow – Crow served with Texas flair!...Priceless
  • Peking crow – Crow with a recipe from across the ocean!...Priceless
  • Stewed crow – A favorite of Midwesterners who have to down this bird!...Priceless
  • Crow cacciatore – Slow cooked to go down smooth!...Priceless
  • Crow lasagna – Just like Mama Ceasar used to serve!...Priceless
  • Chow Chili – For the cold feeling you will be left with after the game!...Priceless
So come on over to the House O’Crow for a quick bite. It beats whining about last night's game.

Well, I had created this earlier in the week.  I thought about holding it last night, but in light of some comments, I feel compelled to post this:

WOSgrad’s House O’ Crow

1.   Chicken Fried Crow – Eat those words Southern Style!…Priceless
  2.   Blackened Crow – Color of crow to match your mood!…Priceless
  3.   Crow Etouffee – Crow served from waaay back in Louisiana!...Priceless
  4.   Barbequed Crow – Crow served with Texas flair!...Priceless
  5.   Peking crow – Crow with a recipe from across the ocean!...Priceless
  6.   Stewed crow – A favorite of Midwesterners who have to down this bird!...Priceless
  7.   Crow cacciatore – Slow cooked to go down smooth!...Priceless
  8.   Crow lasagna – Just like Mama Ceasar used to serve!...Priceless
  9.   Chow Chili – For the cold feeling you will be left with after the game!...Priceless

So come on over to the House O’Crow for a quick bite.  It beats whining about last night's game.

LMAO!!!!!!

like u said in ur post 1 or 2 drive killing penalties I know u hj fans don't wanna hear this but if that's the case give wos 14 points and we give hj 7 more.do u like that better,didn't think so,just drop it so y'all don't stick yalls foot in da mouth anymore

assuming they go down and score.  HJ's d had several stops without the help of penalties, and perhaps they were good calls?