West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

Please guys, the game is what it was, a butt whipping. The 'Stangs have hit their stride, this was not an upset. HJ is bad, (meaning good), they just cant hang with the big boys, I look for good things from our district in the playoffs and all will do us proud, just dont calling the ref card here. WO-S 42 HJ 21. Any questions?

Were you at the game? If so you would know that both sides thought this officiating crew was terrible. The first penalty of the game was a 15 yarder against HJ. You still want to claim home cooking? The refs couldn't make up their minds on a false start/offsides call and had to huddle for 3 minutes about it.

I'm just waiting for the guy that said I was an idiot to post! This game was horrible for both teams tonight and we all knew this would happen! So many WOS drives were hurt by penalties and of course the phantom punt play! All in all these kids played hard and gave it all they had! Respect them and good luck to everyone

I'm just waiting for the guy that said I was an idiot to post! This game was horrible for both teams tonight and we all knew this would happen! So many WOS drives were hurt by penalties and of course the phantom punt play! All in all these kids played hard and gave it all they had! Respect them and good luck to everyone

To be honest we (HJ) have been drawn to a punted ball like moths to a flame ALL year, we have lost a couple that have been accidentally touched and we have been lucky enough to jump on a couple that we accidentally touched.... Bottom line learn a lesson and get the hell away from it.

Like I said no excuses WOS handled buisness we did not

This game played out how I expected. I expected HJ to play them close for a half and WOS to pull away. It should have been 14-7 at the half instead of 20-7 apparently. But as some correctly pointed out, you can't rely on the run alone and beat a team of WOS's caliber. You have to effectively (and selectively) mix in the pass to keep the defense honest. Unlike a few advertised, HJ is at a speed deficit against the Mustangs and apparently the dozen or so hawks benching 300 weren't able to control the line of scrimmage. If anything, WOS strength tonight was the run as evidenced by Teate's 200+ yards rushing. And that happened in no small part to WOS linemen pushing those big HJ guys off the line of scimmage.

I completely disagree with you, I believe they are more than 21 points better. The refs kept it that way. So yes, the refs were bad but I think it made the score closer.

really?  every penalty i saw called on WOS looked legit to me.  and except the late hit calls at the very end of the game that weren't called and would've had no impact on the result, i didn't see HJ benefitting much from the refs either. The refs also gave you 7 points, which killed HJ's momentum AND gameplan, leading to a couple of scores late that may or may not would've happened had things played out properly.  WOS outgained HJ by 60 yards, and 30 or so of those came after the failed onside when Teate was padding his stats.  WOS may be the better team, but a 7 point win would've been more representative of the game played tonight than 21, IMO.   

i totally agree with this post.  i think a lot of the sour grapes from the HJ fans come from the fact that not only did the phantom punt directly affect the scoreline, but also affected the HJ gameplan, which later directly affected the scoreline.  and then you have a COUPLE of posters that come on and act like it's no big deal, clearly wos was just 3 TDs better, ignoring the massive swing that call made in the game. 

HJ can run their offense how they're supposed to if they're down one score. And there was a minute and a half left that HJ might get a break away play and score, possibly going in tied at the half. Then they get the ball back tied with West Orange!?! You know momentum would have been in their favor if that call isn't totally screwed up. You think it didn't affect the game? You're sadly mistaken. HJ was taken out of their comfort zone and WO-S took advantage. Good game West Orange, just wish I would've seen how the game really could have played out.

i totally agree with this post. i think a lot of the sour grapes from the HJ fans come from the fact that not only did the phantom punt directly affect the scoreline, but also affected the HJ gameplan, which later directly affected the scoreline. and then you have a COUPLE of posters that come on and act like it's no big deal, clearly wos was just 3 TDs better, ignoring the massive swing that call made in the game.

yeah but at the same time plays like when they called pi on Dt did also