West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

I've just read enough of your posts to know you're a bitter old man. Rooting against teams and whole groups of fans. It's sad. I'm a realist. I knew WOS had a great chance of winning. I know you'll downplay the FREE touchdown that WOS was given at the end of the first half. Totally changed the complexion of the game and HJs game plan. WOS gets a couple of cheapies late because HJ is forced to press. This game was CLOSE for most of the game. Should've been tied late in the 3rd. Who knows what happens if WOS doesn't play with an extra TD the whole game?

I'll answer that question for you...still a loss....quit crying..yall have a great team and will make a great run in the playoffs. And you know what? I'll be backing the Hawks all the way unless they play Wos again.

He is referring that to Craig S who has crapped up every HJ game thread all year. After correctly predicting the game tonight he is 1-8 in HJ game pickems this year.

Wrong answer. ..I picked HJ every game. ..I did say OF would challenge HJ for 2nd and 3rd... which they did. ...I actually like HJ more than WOS.... Just not the delusional no football knowledge fans/parents. .. But that's OK. .. because I was right. ...AGAIN

I've just read enough of your posts to know you're a bitter old man. Rooting against teams and whole groups of fans. It's sad. I'm a realist. I knew WOS had a great chance of winning. I know you'll downplay the FREE touchdown that WOS was given at the end of the first half. Totally changed the complexion of the game and HJs game plan. WOS gets a couple of cheapies late because HJ is forced to press. This game was CLOSE for most of the game. Should've been tied late in the 3rd. Who knows what happens if WOS doesn't play with an extra TD the whole game?

I know it's slightly different because it was actually a mental error, and not an officials error, but same effect on the game. I posted this same type of comment about the HJ-Orangefield game on the muffed punt and was laughed at and told HJ handled Orangefield. I actually agree that it makes a huge difference when something like that happens. However it's funny how it made this game closer than it actually looks, but the Orangefield game was a blowout.

So we go from HJ whipping WOS and winning state to why does coach Thompson not kneel the ball?!? Really!!

I've never said HJ would win state OR whoop WOS. But i would expect a team to kneel up 3 scores with a minute left. And HJ was doing their best to make sure it didn't get run up on them. No excuses for the late hits. Shouldn't happen. But don't be surprised when a bunch of high school kids try to kill the guy with the ball when there's no time left and you're still running it with your starters when the game is over.

And so it begins...

Yes. Like I said before it was slightly different because it was a kids mental mistake instead of an officials mistake, but same play none the less. Yet when I make basically that same statement about the Orangefield game. That very same guy told me it was a blowout and the play had very little bearing. Only difference is Orangefield kicked a couple of onside kicks and made it a 7 point game!

I've never said HJ would win state OR whoop WOS. But i would expect a team to kneel up 3 scores with a minute left. And HJ was doing their best to make sure it didn't get run up on them. No excuses for the late hits. Shouldn't happen. But don't be surprised when a bunch of high school kids try to kill the guy with the ball when there's no time left and you're still running it with your starters when the game is over.

I get killed for this by some but in that scenario, I agree that you either take a knee or empty the bench. I heard Teate ended up with 203 so maybe he was trying to let him get 200? Except I think he got that on the 2nd to last run?

Last points about how weak that crew is:

Officials should not have to "huddle" on the majority of calls. Tell the Ref what your call is and let him signal it unless another has a strong opinion on why you missed a call.

Officials should not allow the offending team's coach a 2-5 minute conference with you when you make a call. I COMPLETELY understand on the punt call but there were a few other occasions where this happened.

That crew needs to be moved to Tuesdays and Thursdays for the remainder of the season.

This is my take on this game, and before I make it let me say it's my last post on this thread until tomorrow, so don't get mad if you respond and I don't. WOS was the better team tonight, but not by a whole lot. They looked like they were going to run away with it early, then HJ dominated the 2nd quarter and should've went into the half down one score. A ref trying to impact the game made a call that looked bad to me, and dberry has said it was wrong after seeing the tape. that allowed WOS to score completely against the momentum of the game. Down 21-7 is a lot different than 14-7 when you run a slow offense AND you're playing a great defense. HJ fought back and cut it to a score, at which point it should've been tied. The WOS scores and goes up two scores, which should've been one. HJ throws a pick with 8 or so minutes to go that leads to a very short field and a score. This doesn't happen if they're down one score. Guarantee it. They're running 2nd and 8 down a score. There's no way to know what would've actually happened. Maybe they punt and then WOS scores anyway? No clue. HJ is then out of sorts and fumbles and WOS scores again. At this point it was over anyway. HJ isn't the type of team that's going to score two or three times in 7 minutes. All this to say, there's no way of knowing how the play at the end of the 2nd quarter affected the game. But it absolutely made an impact. Honestly, I think WOS wins. But no way do I believe it's 21 points, or even the 14 it is if you just subtract the bogus TD to end the second half. They out gained the hawks by what, 60 yards? The refs were absolutely awful, both ways, no bones about it. But HJ got victimized on the one call that I think all but ended any chance they had to win. Review- WOS was the better team. I'm not butt hurt about the loss. I AM butt hurt about the call that completely screwed HJs gameplan and momentum. And no way was WOS 21 points better. Sorry if I got grumpy on here with anyone. Hard to see the hawks play so well to get back into that game and then endure a call that totally puts them back in the hole they'd just scratched and clawed their way out of.