3 teams that impressed me last night

Nederland, after starting the season 0-3, winning four straight including back to back wins over Central and PN-G in dramatic fashion! Those Dawgs own 22-5A!!! 28 straight!!

Buna!! Scoring 49 points on what I considered the best small school team and defense in Kirbyville. QB Joe Clark throwing 5 TD passes! That has to be a school record!

Hamshire-Fannett and Kendrick King scoring 39 points in a loss to Hardin-Jefferson. I know how tough that Hawk D is and even in the loss, was impressed by the Horns scoring that many points.

What team impressed you the most last night?

Nederland, after starting the season 0-3, winning four straight including back to back wins over Central and PN-G in dramatic fashion! Those Dawgs own 22-5A!!! 28 straight!!

Buna!! Scoring 49 points on what I considered the best small school team and defense in Kirbyville. QB Joe Clark throwing 5 TD passes! That has to be a school record!

Hamshire-Fannett and Kendrick King scoring 39 points in a loss to Hardin-Jefferson. I know how tough that Hawk D is and even in the loss, was impressed by the Horns scoring that many points.

What team impressed you the most last night?

King was a beast for HF. Out D can't play like that against WOS or it will be a long night. Also can't give them good field position.

3 good ones, AAW. I would have to say Buna overall. Not only did the kids come to play, Coach Morgan and staff had a great gameplan and play calling to pull off what some would consider an upset.

I would add WOS. They handled fairly easily a good, disciplined OF team. When they are hitting on all cylinders, they are in a different league in this district. The more weeks that go by, the more I am convinced Craig S was right. It's WOS, and the HJ-OF game was a slugfest for 2nd place.

Dayton going toe to toe Setxsports #1 big sch & state ranked Crosby who was allowing 13 ppg.35-35 @ the buzzer=OT Thriller Crosby scores 1st,misses xpt 41-35.Dayt ball on 4th dwn 1/2 yd short=ball game.Dayton w/heart 1st time this yr 483 tot yds out gaining Crosby who made several key defensive stops in red zone.Baughman hits the magic shown latter 2013 playoff run w/327 yds 3 tds 1 int(a deflection off wr's pads right into defenders arms.No homer here I been waiting for the puzzle to develop ret 10 starters on offense,and leaders to step up their game=delivered

Crosby and Dayton for literally throwing every hit every haymaker and every single shifty move they had at one another. The game was decided by 1 yard, 1 yard.

Not by 1 yard, if they get the first down there, they still have 15 more to get. When we missed the extra point though, I thought awe man here we go again. Up 35-20, you got to find a way to pick up a couple of first downs though, but Dayton had a something to do with that. It was a great high school game to watch. Oh, and Crosby has to cut down on the penalties.

Not a team but a certain PNG player not sure who it was but when the Ned and PNG captains were in the middle of the field for the coin toss the referee must have misunderstood the PNG player when he called it and asked him what he wanted to do when really PNG loss the toss and it should have been Ned call...the PNG captain spoke up and told the ref that he could not cheat and that it was Ned call cause they really won the toss

Not a team but a certain PNG player not sure who it was but when the Ned and PNG captains were in the middle of the field for the coin toss the referee must have misunderstood the PNG player when he called it and asked him what he wanted to do when really PNG loss the toss and it should have been Ned call...the PNG captain spoke up and told the ref that he could not cheat and that it was Ned call cause they really won the toss

If that is what happened then that explains the original reactions of the Bulldog captains and why I was confused when they said Ned won the coin toss. Young man with integrity, and I applaud him for being honest and not sacrificing his integrity.

Not by 1 yard, if they get the first down there, they still have 15 more to get. When we missed the extra point though, I thought awe man here we go again. Up 35-20, you got to find a way to pick up a couple of first downs though, but Dayton had a something to do with that. It was a great high school game to watch. Oh, and Crosby has to cut down on the penalties.

He got 13 on 4th down if that's possible they probably gonna score if that stops not made