how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

Excellent smokescreen to change the discussion. Too bad WOS has not been able to reclaim the same level of production since they dropped in classification. Unfortunately the group can only watch other teams perform at that 1980s WOS level. I have said many times WOS was a state power in the 80s along with Westbrook, Yates and others. In 2014, not so much.

Question... If we were to make it out of the region and to the finals this year. Will that then qualify us as "state powers" for the 2010-2020 decade?

In some ways, I agree with you. I too, truly felt like we would have a title by now when we dropped in 04. The bottom line is that we haven't got the job done against the elite teams of the state. We've turned the ball over way to much in December. Seven turnovers last yr against Carthage and we still should have won that game. I've had Carthage faithful tell me we were, by far, the best team they had faced in the playoffs last yr or the yr before. We simply must do better with the ball than we have in December. We do that and well change these perceptions.

Excellent smokescreen to change the discussion. Too bad WOS has not been able to reclaim the same level of production since they dropped in classification. Unfortunately the group can only watch other teams perform at that 1980s WOS level. I have said many times WOS was a state power in the 80s along with Westbrook, Yates and others. In 2014, not so much.

Just as I thought :D

Yeah, you said Huffman would beat WO-S this year (they're not that good) while continuing to talk down about the teams in setx. The nonsense is coming from you. You have spent many posts trashing setx teams and now you say many posts have been positive. That defines nonsense pretty well. Save your breath... your spite for setx is so transparent. Stop making a weak attempt to hide it.

As for the rest of the state...I live in the Houston area and follow football here, as well as in the Golden Triangle. I've talked to plenty of coaches here who are all too familiar with WO-S and speak highly of them. Here's an illusion of grandeur for you. Last spring, one of the state finalists from last year was approached by WO-S to play a non-district game on this season's schedule. This coach was told by the head coach from Carthage that WO-S was the hardest hitting team they ever played. He then told WO-S, "No thanks." That was from a state finalist team. I can't tell you how many teams and coaches have turned down playing WO-S over the years. This is why we had to play a big school like Richmond Foster, because it is so hard to find teams willing to play WO-S. Those are the facts, furthermore proving that when it comes to knowledge of WO-S across the state, you have no clue. It's hard to see the facts when your method of reasoning is nothing but spite for another team. Your opinion of WO-S and our reputation across the state is just ignorant.

I am from and grew up in East Texas. I played all of my school ball there. I live in SE TX now and am not a WOS guy. An old friend on mine has a highly recruited son that plays on a team there that is undefeated and ranked in the top 10 in the state in 4A. They are a D1 school. One of the first things he tells me when I see him a month ago? "We were so happy WOS is D2!"