how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

How about 1 district? 4AD1 district 9. You do understand that Gilmer, Tatum, Henderson, Kilgore, Carthage, Athens, Chapel Hill, Tenaha, Arp, Cayuga, Longview, Tyler, Daingerfield are all in the same area? Is that more than 3 teams?

How about 1 district? 4AD1 district 9. You do understand that Gilmer, Tatum, Henderson, Kilgore, Carthage, Athens, Chapel Hill, Tenaha, Arp, Cayuga, Longview, Tyler, Daingerfield are all in the same area? Is that more than 3 teams?

these guys aren't state contenders every year. Tenaha, gilmer, and carthage besides that these guys are not winning district championships every year

I tend to do the same under most circumstances. That is different than what WOS poster chuckslegacy and the rest were doing when they made their proclamations on the Newton game. They did not learn their lesson and doing the same thing about HJ as we speak.  

SFA I gotta say, that made me chuckle. But, why are teams running to the right? Is it weaker on that side? I always thought that the chain gang mentality was to prevent any kind of weaknesses like that. Usually there's one guy that can slow the ball carrier down and allow the other guys to get to him. 

Hey Man, the chain gang defense still has power, however, I have to say what I have seen from the games that I have attended this season. I also, think that I would rather see them build a stronger defense as we go along, than to discover their weakness during the playoffs.  Eating crow is terrible!

Absolutely, everyone agrees with "your certified direct knowledge". If you know, it is fact and easily verifiable. We call that "he said/she said".

You can doubt me all you want, but I have close ties to the WO-S program. That situation I described DID occur. You are welcome to research your own proof. Just get to know some of the WO-S coaches, or simply call some coaches across the state and see what they really think of WO-S. Go ahead. 

Doesn't matter, though. Even if you were honest with yourself and everyone else, you would never admit the real statewide perception of WO-S, especially among coaches. It doesn't fit into your "WO-S is not respected across the state" religion.  

Which team has not won or been in a state championship in the last 10 years? Kilgore 2004,  Tatum 2005, 2006, Daingerfield 2008, 2009, 2010 Cayuga 2009, Henderson 2010, Chapel Hill 2011.

Appearances: Tatum 2007, Longview 2008, 2009, Cayuga 2008, Chapel Hill 2010, Daingerfiled 2012, Kilgore 2013

You can take out Arp and Tyler and insert Garrison and Liberty-Eylau if you like. Have we identified more than 3?

The Newton game? That was six months ago.  HJ will not see the same team Newton did, but that's their problem and they will have to deal with it the best they can.  All of this rantin and ravin will be over next week then WO-S will sit back and see how the runners-up shake out the last week.

Which team has not won or been in a state championship in the last 10 years? Kilgore 2004, Tatum 2005, 2006, Daingerfield 2008, 2009, 2010 Cayuga 2009, Henderson 2010, Chapel Hill 2011.

Appearances: Tatum 2007, Longview 2008, 2009, Cayuga 2008, Chapel Hill 2010, Daingerfiled 2012, Kilgore 2013

You can take out Arp and Tyler and insert Garrison and Liberty-Eylau if you like. Have we identified more than 3?

just because they have won a championship within the last 10 years doesn't mean they are competing every year. That's the point I'm making. Yes east texas is rich in football history as well as recent success.

How has your college team flared this year? Meaning SFA. Mine has been not so good the past few years since we lost our coach to Texas A & M.

SFA just makes me sick. They have so much talent, but every year they beat themselves. Turnovers have always been SFA's downfall. The Southland is so big and so competitive, it's hard for a team to be a favorite, even the year after winning the conference.

just because they have won a championship within the last 10 years doesn't mean they are competing every year. That's the point I'm making. Yes east texas is rich in football history as well as recent success.

I think the point he is trying to make is that if you stuck WO-S in that area, you wouldn't see the same success as you do here. It's far more competitive there and West Orange wouldn't dominate everyone like they do here.

I think the point he is trying to make is that if you stuck WO-S in that area, you wouldn't see the same success as you do here. It's far more competitive there and West Orange wouldn't dominate everyone like they do here.

Fact.

WOS has an extremely high winning %. 95+% of those wins are against other SETX teams. Are they good? Definitely. Do they produce top class athletes? You bet. But..

They are a SeTx powerhouse only. State power?.. Not so much.

OF's offense gives them a chance. If a team is undisciplined defensively and can't make adjustments they could have a hard time. Not sure LaMarky Mark has played against that type of offense this year. If they haven't with a few breaks OF could pull an upset, but to be honest it would be a longshot. OF should get the 3 spot over HF, but that should be a great game.

LaMarque runs the same offense

Great Statement.How many 3 deep playoff games has WOS won in the past 5 years,?I believe the past 2 years they did go 3 games past district play.

WOS has made the Quarterfinals the last 3 years in a row losing to Coldspring (2011), State Champs Navasota (2012), and then State Champs Carthage (2013) which was 4 rounds into the playoffs all three years.  WOS should make 3rd round at the very minimum in 2014 which is when they'd come up against either LaGrange or LaMarque and then the other one in the Quarters unless H-J surprises me.  After that it's a straight shot to the State Finals.  Someone is gonna have to beat both LaGrange AND LaMarque I'm predicting to get out of Region III which will be a tough feat but definitely possible.

All top 3 in 9-4A DII should easily make 2nd round with #4 having to play LaMarque.

Area round the #3 will most definitely meet LaGrange which I predict is gonna depend on the HF - OF game. 

WOS/HJ will most likely face both tough Wharton/Bellville depending on the side of the bracket each are on but both should be favorites over whomever they play.  

Regional round is gonna be WOS, LaGrange, H-J, LaMarque in my opinion right now... and it doesn't get easier after that.

Hopefully one of us can make it to Round 4.

So in answer to your question about how many 3rd round playoff games we've won in the past 5 years.... that would be 3 in a row.

WOS has made the Quarterfinals the last 3 years in a row losing to State Champs Navasota, Coldspring and then State Champs Carthage.  WOS should make 3rd round at the very minimum which is when they'd come up against either LaGrange or LaMarque.  After that it's a straight shot to the State Finals.  Someone is gonna have to beat both LaGrange AND LaMarque I'm predicting to get out of Region III which will be a tough feat but definitely possible.

It's good to see you over here, Mr. 87.