how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

of course not! Let's see if he jumps ship come halloween

I will jump ship as soon as soon as I see HJ fans making ridiculous posts such as those made continually by other fan bases. HJ is a good team and all of their fans seem to keep things in perspective. They are the favorites to win the district.  

Blah, blah. blah, blah...

Translation: I despise all setx teams. How dare you root for the teams that I trash. 

Forget about the guy who wished for a chance to see OF play LaMarque. He was having fun with his "what if", but your spite filled lenses give you ZERO objectivity toward ANY TEAM in setx. Your constant pessimism is beyond old and annoying. 

We got it, OK. You think 1) Huffman is better than they really are; 2) you can't stand any football team in or near the Golden Triangle, and 3) there isn't a Greater Huffman site where you can spew your "unbiased" opinions, so you keep coming here. 

This is your identity. 

Go and find all the posts where I have said: "Huffman is better than they really are"; "I cant stand any football team in or near the Golden Triangle". In fact, go and find any posts that even resemble this nonsense. You can also do a study to see that there are many posts that are "positive" but you only remember the ones that shatter your illusions of grandeur.  

The issue is that WOS, HD and a few others just cant comprehend how the rest of the state is not impressed with their very local accomplishments while there are real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis. This is a message board for folks to agree or disagree.

"The issue is that WOS, HD and a few others just cant comprehend how the rest of the state is not impressed with their very local accomplishments while there are real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis. This is a message board for folks to agree or disagree."

Exactly what I am talking about! This is for SETX not for the whole state!( Local accomplishments) WOW!!!!( Real Programs)!!!! Then what would you call the HJ program? 1st winning season besides making the 4th playoff spot last year! I guess everyone should try and mirror their team after HJ one winning season approaching their second.  I am tickled to death HJ is doing well and I hope they make a big run this year but I support the Mustangs and no that doesn't mean I dislike the hawks it just means that I want to see WOS go further. Everyone knows and respect the program that WOS has but what you classify as a real program has me confused! Can someone enlighten us on WOS winning percentage over the last 10 years? I need to understand what classifies a real program in football in Texas, cause I thought it had to do with winning year after year! JMO

Go and find all the posts where I have said: "Huffman is better than they really are"; "I cant stand any football team in or near the Golden Triangle". In fact, go and find any posts that even resemble this nonsense. You can also do a study to see that there are many posts that are "positive" but you only remember the ones that shatter your illusions of grandeur.  

The issue is that WOS, HD and a few others just cant comprehend how the rest of the state is not impressed with their very local accomplishments while there are real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis. This is a message board for folks to agree or disagree.

Yeah, you said Huffman would beat WO-S this year (they're not that good) while continuing to talk down about the teams in setx. The nonsense is coming from you. You have spent many posts trashing setx teams and now you say many posts have been positive. That defines nonsense pretty well. Save your breath... your spite for setx is so transparent. Stop making a weak attempt to hide it. 

As for the rest of the state...I live in the Houston area and follow football here, as well as in the Golden Triangle. I've talked to plenty of coaches here who are all too familiar with WO-S and speak highly of them. Here's an illusion of grandeur for you. Last spring, one of the state finalists from last year was approached by WO-S to play a non-district game on this season's schedule. This coach was told by the head coach from Carthage that WO-S was the hardest hitting team they ever played. He then told WO-S, "No thanks." That was from a state finalist team. I can't tell you how many teams and coaches have turned down playing WO-S over the years. This is why we had to play a big school like Richmond Foster, because it is so hard to find teams willing to play WO-S. Those are the facts, furthermore proving that when it comes to knowledge of WO-S across the state, you have no clue. It's hard to see the facts when your method of reasoning is nothing but spite for another team. Your opinion of WO-S and our reputation across the state is just ignorant.  

Yeah, you said Huffman would beat WO-S this year (they're not that good) while continuing to talk down about the teams in setx. The nonsense is coming from you. You have spent many posts trashing setx teams and now you say many posts have been positive. That defines nonsense pretty well. Save your breath... your spite for setx is so transparent. Stop making a weak attempt to hide it. 

As for the rest of the state...I live in the Houston area and follow football here, as well as in the Golden Triangle. I've talked to plenty of coaches here who are all too familiar with WO-S and speak highly of them. Here's an illusion of grandeur for you. Last spring, one of the state finalists from last year was approached by WO-S to play a non-district game on this season's schedule. This coach was told by the head coach from Carthage that WO-S was the hardest hitting team they ever played. He then told WO-S, "No thanks." That was from a state finalist team. I can't tell you how many teams and coaches have turned down playing WO-S over the years. This is why we had to play a big school like Richmond Foster, because it is so hard to find teams willing to play WO-S. Those are the facts, furthermore proving that when it comes to knowledge of WO-S across the state, you have no clue. It's hard to see the facts when your method of reasoning is nothing but spite for another team. Your opinion of WO-S and our reputation across the state is just ignorant.  

Yes, I "hate SETX" despite that I grew up there, taught and coached there. You have it correct. Your lack of comprehension is now betraying you as you are generalizing and misquoting to help your position. There is not one post where I said that "every" post has been positive. Some are positive and some are negative. Get your details together.

FYI, He said, she said is not "fact". "Fact" is that WOS has made it out of the region twice in 25 years. Another "fact" is that WOS gets beat by the teams to the north and west on a yearly basis in the playoffs. What you heard or think you heard is not "fact". "Fact" is that WOS division/classification has been dominated by teams to the North and West for many years. He said/she said "opinions" are not "fact" regardless of how bad you want to believe it.

"The issue is that WOS, HD and a few others just cant comprehend how the rest of the state is not impressed with their very local accomplishments while there are real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis. This is a message board for folks to agree or disagree."

Exactly what I am talking about! This is for SETX not for the whole state!( Local accomplishments) WOW!!!!( Real Programs)!!!! Then what would you call the HJ program? 1st winning season besides making the 4th playoff spot last year! I guess everyone should try and mirror their team after HJ one winning season approaching their second.  I am tickled to death HJ is doing well and I hope they make a big run this year but I support the Mustangs and no that doesn't mean I dislike the hawks it just means that I want to see WOS go further. Everyone knows and respect the program that WOS has but what you classify as a real program has me confused! Can someone enlighten us on WOS winning percentage over the last 10 years? I need to understand what classifies a real program in football in Texas, cause I thought it had to do with winning year after year! JMO

My definition of "real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis" would be the following: Teams that make runs at state championships on a yearly basis. an example of a team that would fall in this category would be Gilmer, Carthage, Wimberly, LaGrange, Stephenville, Kilgore, Argyle, Liberty Hill, Coldspring, Brownwood, Navasota, Etc. A team that would not fall into this category would be any team that is unable to make it out of their region. Teams that win their district every year but do little else would also not qualify.

My definition of "real programs throughout the state that make serious runs at championships on a yearly basis" would be the following: Teams that make runs at state championships on a yearly basis. an example of a team that would fall in this category would be Gilmer, Carthage, Wimberly, LaGrange, Stephenville, Kilgore, Argyle, Liberty Hill, Coldspring, Brownwood, Navasota, Etc. A team that would not fall into this category would be any team that is unable to make it out of their region. Teams that win their district every year but do little else would also not qualify.

When was the last time La Grange and Coldspring made it out of the region? How many times in last 10 years?

La Grange has had 5 losing seasons in last 10 years and have missed the playoffs 6 times in last 10 years. La Grange made it out of their region last year for the first time since 2001.

Coldspring has made it out of the region twice (2010, 2011) and has had 4 losing seasons in last 10 years.

When was the last time La Grange and Coldspring made it out of the region? How many times in last 10 years?

That matters not to him. Unless a team makes the state semi-finals, then they have merely "very local accomplishments", but especially if they are from setx. 

The "he said, she said" nonsense you are referring to...well, "the rest of the state is not impressed" is a perfect example of your ignorance. One of the schools in "the rest of the state"...Kilgore...one of the ultra-successful teams on your list, turned down the chance to play WO-S this season when both teams had an open date, and this all came as a result from a conversation with the Carthage head coach who told the Kilgore coach that WO-S was the hardest hitting team he had ever played. Those are FACTS that you know nothing about. But, as you say, "the rest of the state is not impressed." Sounds like you're spitefully right again.  :rolleyes:

i will have to say 89falcon that some of the teams you have chosen to prove your point or not valid representations of the point your trying to make. You say that you are a coach but refuse to acknowledge the accomplishments that the mustangs accomplish through out the years. As a coach i would think you you could respect theses accomplishments. Im no WOS fan and could personally care less if they win or lose from week to week.  If you think the teams you mentioned are better year in and out than WOS then you dont have much experience as a coach.

i will have to say 89falcon that some of the teams you have chosen to prove your point or not valid representations of the point your trying to make. You say that you are a coach but refuse to acknowledge the accomplishments that the mustangs accomplish through out the years. As a coach i would think you you could respect theses accomplishments. Im no WOS fan and could personally care less if they win or lose from week to week.  If you think the teams you mentioned are better year in and out than WOS then you dont have much experience as a coach.

No one said anything about "not respecting accomplishments". I have said >20 times that WOS is likely the best 4A team in SETX. For future reference: They are the best 4A team in SETX on a yearly basis. They are not however on the level with other teams to the North and West.

That matters not to him. Unless a team makes the state semi-finals, then they have merely "very local accomplishments", but especially if they are from setx. 

The "he said, she said" nonsense you are referring to...well, "the rest of the state is not impressed" is a perfect example of your ignorance. One of the schools in "the rest of the state"...Kilgore...one of the ultra-successful teams on your list, turned down the chance to play WO-S this season when both teams had an open date, and this all came as a result from a conversation with the Carthage head coach who told the Kilgore coach that WO-S was the hardest hitting team he had ever played. Those are FACTS that you know nothing about. But, as you say, "the rest of the state is not impressed." Sounds like you're spitefully right again.  :rolleyes:

10-4, can you provide a documented transcript? If not it is he said, she said.

LaGrange 2013 and 2009; CS 2011and 2010. Feel free to pull CS or LaGrange off the list if you need to. It still does not change the point that WOS does not get out of the region. They will however, have a chance to remedy the situation this year.

Just to be very clear, last year wasn't their 1st winning season. And, this year isn't only their second. And, if you will remember, HJ went three rounds deep from the 4th spot last year. Not saying that makes it a top notch program. But, obviously you can see that they have turned things around quite a bit. Also, I'm not saying I agree with 89 falcon, but he does make some valid arguments. LaGrange has been out of the region more than WO-S has in the past 10 years. I think WO-S is dominant around Southeast Texas, but on a statewide level, I'm not sure that they could stack up to some of the other programs. I think (if the story is true about the state finalist not wanting to play WO-S) people are turning them away due to the possibility of long travel time and injuries possibly sustained because they are so "hard-hitting." If I could avoid West Orange, I would, until I had to play them. It doesn't mean I couldn't beat them, it just means that there is too much at stake to take that risk. JMO, you guys can go ahead and rip into me.

LaGrange 2013 and 2009; CS 2011and 2010. Feel free to pull CS or LaGrange off the list if you need to. It still does not change the point that WOS does not get out of the region. They will however, have a chance to remedy the situation this year.

My mistake. La Grange did get out of Region IV in 2009.

My mistake. La Grange did get out of Region IV in 2009.

AAW, I always like to get your take on things. Would you consider West Orange a powerhouse outside of Southeast Texas? How do you think they would stack up against the likes of Gilmer, Carthage, Wimberly, Stephenville, Kilgore, Argyle, Navasota, etc.? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a ball-game, but how many times out of ten would WO-S beat each of these teams?

??? nonsense post my $$$, HJ has not flight outside the coop, nobody knows who you guys are. THOSE ARE THE FACTS! Get to a state championship, or even make it to state finals in this decade then I'll give you credit. Just wishing to beat one team the whole year, is a lack luster goal. What will be your objective after the Mustangs pluck your wings. Ya'll building up a lot of mouth exercise, with no history outside of CHINA, TEXAS... turn  it down and wish that Liberty does not pull an upset!  

Just to be very clear, last year wasn't their 1st winning season. And, this year isn't only their second. And, if you will remember, HJ went three rounds deep from the 4th spot last year. Not saying that makes it a top notch program. But, obviously you can see that they have turned things around quite a bit. Also, I'm not saying I agree with 89 falcon, but he does make some valid arguments. LaGrange has been out of the region more than WO-S has in the past 10 years. I think WO-S is dominant around Southeast Texas, but on a statewide level, I'm not sure that they could stack up to some of the other programs. I think (if the story is true about the state finalist not wanting to play WO-S) people are turning them away due to the possibility of long travel time and injuries possibly sustained because they are so "hard-hitting." If I could avoid West Orange, I would, until I had to play them. It doesn't mean I couldn't beat them, it just means that there is too much at stake to take that risk. JMO, you guys can go ahead and rip into me.

This is my point exactly.

AAW, I always like to get your take on things. Would you consider West Orange a powerhouse outside of Southeast Texas? How do you think they would stack up against the likes of Gilmer, Carthage, Wimberly, Stephenville, Kilgore, Argyle, Navasota, etc.? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a ball-game, but how many times out of ten would WO-S beat each of these teams?

I have mucho respect for WO-S football program. I mean, they do still have the all time highest winning percentage of any team in the state of Texas, any classification. I personally consider them a powerhouse. But, I will say, and I think I speak for many, I am surprised that those guys have not made it to the state title game since dropping down to 3A 10 years ago. I really thought the Mustangs would have fared better.

For how they would stack up against those teams you listed? Well the fact is they lost to 4 of those teams recently in the playoffs so the question was answered on the field. But I also do not think it's fair to just hand pick 7 teams across the state to draw any conclusions on the state of the WO-S football program. It's all about match ups. WO-S would match up well in some cases and not so well in others.

As for this season, WO-S would beat Carthage, Wimberly and Kilgore. Not sure how they would do against those other teams.

@AggiesAreWe

Much respect, I am Mustang fan for life, I give credit where credit is due, heck I respect the heck out of PNG, and BIG NED,LCM those teams have so much tradition and winning behind them. They have awesome fans and I love to see our team play them year after year. I wish them the best throughout the season. Good luck PNG,NED, LCM all class teams and fans. From a WOS FAN.