how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

All three are ranked in the top 25 in the MaxPreps rankings. Looks as if this new district is pretty stacked! Does anyone know how the playoff bracket will look? Will all 1st seeds be matched up against 4th seeds? And if so, from which district?

9-4A DII plays 10-4A DII in first round. 1 seeds will play 4 seeds, 2 seeds play 3 seeds.

This is 10-4A DII (only 4 teams so all of them make playoffs):

Houston Kashmere

Houston Scarborough

Houston Worthing

La Marque

My prediction of 1st round match ups:

WO-S vs. Scarborough

HJ vs. Kashmere

Orangefield vs. Worthing

HF vs. La Marque

Kashmere beat Splendora, so I guess that says that about them. Essentially you want to finish first out of 9 so you can have that first round matchup against Scarborough. Any ideas about the rest of the bracket? When will be the first possibility of 2 teams from the same district meeting?

Kashmere beat Splendora, so I guess that says that about them. Essentially you want to finish first out of 9 so you can have that first round matchup against Scarborough. Any ideas about the rest of the bracket? When will be the first possibility of 2 teams from the same district meeting?

#1 vs. #3 could meet in 3rd round, same for #2 vs. #4. #1 vs. #2 would not happen till regional finals.

All three are ranked in the top 25 in the MaxPreps rankings. Looks as if this new district is pretty stacked! Does anyone know how the playoff bracket will look? Will all 1st seeds be matched up against 4th seeds? And if so, from which district?

First off, maxpreps is a joke! Don't put any faith in their rankings.

Second, there are only 87 teams statewide in 4A-II. So being in the top 25 isn't really all that great. That doesn't even mean your in the top 25%.

How far they make it might have more to do with how the bracket falls. If they can dodge laGrange, LaMarque, and/or Bellville they should have a fairly easy run up to the regional finals.
I would love to see HJ and WOS meet up at regionals with the winner going to Jerry World to face Coldspring. Pretty sure most of that won't happen, but would be fun!

Winner of District 9 plays 4th place District 10.  Likely that would be Scarborough.

Second place of District 9 plays Third District 10.  Likely Worthing. 

Third place District 9 plays Second District 10.  Likely Kashmere.

Hamshire or Liberty will play La Marque in the first round.  Ouch!

District 9's third place could see District 9's First place in the third round.  That would mean the third place team would likely have to beat La Grange to make it to that point and First place team would likely have to beat Wharton.

District 9's second place would likely play Bellville in second round and La Marque in third round. 

(Beeville and Wharton could switch seeding, they play this Friday.  Winner likely to be district champ.)

The fourth round of the playoffs is the State Quarterfinals.  Only 8 teams left in state at that point.

It's possible that district 9's second place team could face either district 9's winner or third place in the state quarterfinals.

I'm assuming some things as far as seeding goes here and I'm sure someone will point that out.  It's still WAY early...

Looks like it doesn't much matter if you wind up in the top or bottom of the bracket.You have La Grange in the top and La Marque in the bottom and if things workout right you got WO-S and HJ spliting the brackets.Whoever makes it to the quarterfinals will have earned their spot for sure.

I think it's safe to say Region 3 is the toughest in 4A D-II. Certainly stacked from the way it's looking here.

Looks like it doesn't much matter if you wind up in the top or bottom of the bracket.You have La Grange in the top and La Marque in the bottom and if things workout right you got WO-S and HJ spliting the brackets.Whoever makes it to the quarterfinals will have earned their spot for sure.

Neither will but HJ has the best chance.