how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

We will go farther than WOS... You can put your money on that....

totally disagree with you, as you will finish second place i think you would get the lamarque, or lagrange before we would. IN todays's playoffs you have to be able to pass the ball to make it to Jerry's World. Not saying you can't pass but I just don't think you can pass enough.

I think it's safe to say Region 3 is the toughest in 4A D-II. Certainly stacked from the way it's looking here.

Region 2 is the toughest and there is no question. Region 2 is and has been the toughest region for many years.

Those quick passes and quick scores cant be made if the offense is not on the field.... Long, time consuming, methodical drives keep the offense on the sideline..... 1st, you have to stop us.... Just like with WOS, we will keep it close enough to have a shot at the end...

A quick striking offense does not need much time to score but it has it's drawbacks.Long consuming drives over a period of time will ware down a defense in the long run.The key for WO-S is to limit the time that HJ has the ball and to sustain drives themselves.This applies to our friends at OF as well.

totally disagree with you, as you will finish second place i think you would get the lamarque, or lagrange before we would. IN todays's playoffs you have to be able to pass the ball to make it to Jerry's World. Not saying you can't pass but I just don't think you can pass enough.

I don't think you have to pass. If no one can stop the run, why steer away from it? HJ's blocking is VERY good. Just go watch some film. They don't just stop after 1 block, they keep moving up the field. Now, are you going to have to pass sometimes? Absolutely. But, to say that you have to throw the ball all the time just isn't true. But hey, only time will tell. We've got HF tomorrow. Need to be ready for that!

I believe all three of these teams can win in the first round.  The second round for the third place team will be extremely difficult.  The second round for the second place team will be no cake walk.  The second round for the first place team should be a competetive but very winnable game. 

My guess is, if any of these teams win in the third round, they will be headed to the state championship game.

I believe all three of these teams can win in the first round.  The second round for the third place team will be extremely difficult.  The second round for the second place team will be no cake walk.  The second round for the first place team should be a competetive but very winnable game. 
My guess is, if any of these teams win in the third round, they will be headed to the state championship game.

I think you have to go one more game unless they play each other in the fourth round, then yes they will beat the region 4 team and go on to state.If only one makes it out of round 3 then they still will have a good team to face in round four.Reguardless of who wins region 3 I think they beat any team out of region 4.

First round.

At this point I hop HF beats OF so that OF will face La Marque in the first round. If OF wins that's awesome, if not, it will give HJ some idea how effective that style offense will be against La Marque in the THIRD round.
The 1-3 seeds of our district should all get Ws in the first round.

At this point I hop HF beats OF so that OF will face La Marque in the first round. If OF wins that's awesome, if not, it will give HJ some idea how effective that style offense will be against La Marque in the THIRD round.
The 1-3 seeds of our district should all get Ws in the first round.

agreed, I think OF will have the best shot to beat lamarque out of the bottom 3 in our district,anybody remember what the score was last year I think they played in the first round

OF played Coldspring last year in the first round and lost 28-14. I will point out though that we played that game without Wiley on offense because he had 103 fever. We were also without our starting cornerback. CS qb had only thrown for 260 + yards the whole season and lit us up for 200+ that game.

OF played Coldspring last year in the first round and lost 28-14. I will point out though that we played that game without Wiley on offense because he had 103 fever. We were also without our starting cornerback. CS qb had only thrown for 260 + yards the whole season and lit us up for 200+ that game.

oh yea that's right

I would love to see WOS make it to state, but just like other years we have come up short and I believe this year is no different! Great ball club! And great athletes, JMO WOS has a chance but it's a small chance, they need to improve on both sides of the ball to be a legitimate contender for the title

the kids from wo-s will be tested friday night HF put up a lot of points last week on HJ  ,if the mustangs  can step up there defense WHO KNOWS what will happen.down the line .last week in the orangefield game the wo-s kids played sloppy the first hafe giveing up a lot of yards BUT SHUT THE DOOR IN THE 2ND.mustangs must play lights out football all 4qts JMO

A lot of things have come to pass at WOS within this year and yet this team is dedicated to keep the winning tradition alive. What WOS has gone through would make a lot of teams fall by the side, losing not just the starting QB but losing another athlete who could very well be the starting QB. With that said WOS has relied on the young sophomore to step up and fill the shoes when everyone is expecting WOS to make a title run. That my friends is a big responsibility for a young man to fill but from what I have seen and heard, he is taking it in stride and is doing as good as job as anyone else. I hope they can keep improving each week and maybe make that dream of playing for that state title a reality!

Ok I am going to state my opinion and thats all it is, my opinion. WOS has a lot of speed but they do not yet have a running game. Yes you had a back that had 96 yards on 11 carries but 55 of that came on 1 tote. Their recievers simpley outran our defenders and all he had to do was throw it as far as he could. We just did not have the speed t