Richmond Foster 17 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

Oh you guys are still funny. A school that now really actually has 6A enrollment, ranked in the Top 10 almost gets beat by a team a third their size.   This isn't 7 on 7.  They weren't playing anyone on both sides and had a ton of depth.  They are the ones that need to be worried, not WOS.

Can somebody tell me why WOS didn't get the ball back after the punter was hit on that punt late in the fourth? As I remember there were two penalties on that play one was on hitting the punter don't remember the other? But the back ref threw the flag waayyy before change of possession on hitting the punter? So was kinda confused that WOS didn't get the first plus 15?

Can somebody tell me why WOS didn't get the ball back after the punter was hit on that punt late in the fourth? As I remember there were two penalties on that play one was on hitting the punter don't remember the other? But the back ref threw the flag waayyy before change of possession on hitting the punter? So was kinda confused that WOS didn't get the first plus 15?

The two flags were for 1. block in the back and 2. spearing

Wos hasnt fielded a team where the best players didnt play both ways in almost 30 years , i dont recall anyone discrediting those victories during that time frame because we had players going both ways. Dont we pride ourselves on our conditioning? ??????? THE MUSTANG MILE!!!!! The fact of the matter is that if the team wos is playing doesn't have anyone going both ways but they''re sorry, wos is gonna beat the hell out them regardless of how many players are standing on their sidelines or if they have a 6A 3000 student enrollment.  Whats hard to understand about that? ???? The team with the best players,  the best COACHING,  that makes the most plays & the fewest mistakes is almost guaranteed to win every time.  Wos has lost games when they had more players & larger enrollment,  that was irrelevant to the outcome of the game. I can easily name you 10 6A schools right there in Houston,  all with 2500 students or more, that wouldn't stand a snowball chance in hell of beating wos in a football game. Foster may be a good team & in 5A, but they're not good because they're 5A. There are good teams in all classifications . We were on their 24 yard line with 2nd & 2 for a first to keep the drive alive . Wos had more than a GOOD chance to win that game, it wasn't a hail mary situation.  I'll leave it at that, whatever reason that makes you feel good as to why we didnt win, then use that reason. (Enrollment,  players going both ways, refs, what grade the player is in, the moon & the stars,  fans not vocal enough, not enough players over 6ft tall & 200 pounds etc....... I've heard all of the irrelevant excuses)  we COULD have & in my opinion should have WON THE GAME !!!!!!!

Wos hasnt fielded a team where the best players didnt play both ways in almost 30 years , i dont recall anyone discrediting those victories during that time frame because we had players going both ways. Dont we pride ourselves on our conditioning? ??????? THE MUSTANG MILE!!!!! The fact of the matter is that if the team wos is playing doesn't have anyone going both ways but they''re sorry, wos is gonna beat the hell out them regardless of how many players are standing on their sidelines or if they have a 6A 3000 student enrollment. Whats hard to understand about that? ???? The team with the best players, the best COACHING, that makes the most plays & the fewest mistakes is almost guaranteed to win every time. Wos has lost games when they had more players & larger enrollment, that was irrelevant to the outcome of the game. I can easily name you 10 6A schools right there in Houston, all with 2500 students or more, that wouldn't stand a snowball chance in hell of beating wos in a football game. Foster may be a good team & in 5A, but they're not good because they're 5A. There are good teams in all classifications . We were on their 24 yard line with 2nd & 2 for a first to keep the drive alive . Wos had more than a GOOD chance to win that game, it wasn't a hail mary situation. I'll leave it at that, whatever reason that makes you feel good as to why we didnt win, then use that reason. (Enrollment, players going both ways, refs, what grade the player is in, the moon & the stars, fans not vocal enough, not enough players over 6ft tall & 200 pounds etc....... I've heard all of the irrelevant excuses) we COULD have & in my opinion should have WON THE GAME !!!!!!!

BOOM shaka laka!

the droped pass in the 2nd qt  with no one around  hurt the mustangs but thats life .RF came after the mustang QB from all over the field and dallas had NO TIME to stay in the pocket and find his WRs who wide open most all night becouse RF  had NO DB that could stay with the mustangs WR s good game plan and it worked out for them 17-14.

Wos hasnt fielded a team where the best players didnt play both ways in almost 30 years , i dont recall anyone discrediting those victories during that time frame because we had players going both ways. Dont we pride ourselves on our conditioning? ??????? THE MUSTANG MILE!!!!! The fact of the matter is that if the team wos is playing doesn't have anyone going both ways but they''re sorry, wos is gonna beat the hell out them regardless of how many players are standing on their sidelines or if they have a 6A 3000 student enrollment.  Whats hard to understand about that? ???? The team with the best players,  the best COACHING,  that makes the most plays & the fewest mistakes is almost guaranteed to win every time.  Wos has lost games when they had more players & larger enrollment,  that was irrelevant to the outcome of the game. I can easily name you 10 6A schools right there in Houston,  all with 2500 students or more, that wouldn't stand a snowball chance in hell of beating wos in a football game. Foster may be a good team & in 5A, but they're not good because they're 5A. There are good teams in all classifications . We were on their 24 yard line with 2nd & 2 for a first to keep the drive alive . Wos had more than a GOOD chance to win that game, it wasn't a hail mary situation.  I'll leave it at that, whatever reason that makes you feel good as to why we didnt win, then use that reason. (Enrollment,  players going both ways, refs, what grade the player is in, the moon & the stars,  fans not vocal enough, not enough players over 6ft tall & 200 pounds etc....... I've heard all of the irrelevant excuses)  we COULD have & in my opinion should have WON THE GAME !!!!!!!

I agree. I said before the game that you can only play 11 at a time. I also agree we had our chances to win that game. Regardless of how many kids they have on the sideline, RF was a dang good team. If we do run into a team that good again (and I don't think we will until the state finals and even then they will not play defense like RF) hopefully, we make the plays to win the game.

I agree they could have won the game and also agree with alot of the other things u said but enrollment does matter. That's why u have 1A thru 6A. 

I'm glad we didn't have to play y'all as well. That way, the man at the helm wouldn't have to make a decision on who he would want to win....
But that's no longer a problem that we have to worry about.... ;)

so you really think a HC would let his alma mater just beat him? Im not buying that.

Enrollment is the number of human beings that attend a particular school . 1A to 6A is the designations for a range of the number of students a school may have & compete in those designated classifications! !!!!! The only purpose that classification serves is try to put similar sized schools together in geographic areas(districts) for financial (travel) reasons & competition!  that has nothing to do with the composition of a particular team, whether its footbal,  checkers, track & field or basket weaving! !!! What does make a difference is demographics ! Is there anybody on this board that believes that a team from the Valley would have as many,    or the type of athlete that WOS has, or any of the teams in South East Tx, or Houston or Dallas??? What about a team from Montana? There are plenty of schools in the Valley that are 6A, which one would you take over WOS in a football game. A 6A school may have more to FROM, but that doesn't mean that they're choosing from

Cream of the crop athletes! Once again wos is almost never gonna have the most players on the sidelines,  when was the last time we didnt have enough ATHLETES to compete?????NEVER, ANYBODY, ANYTIME,  ANYWHERE 

Enrollment is the number of human beings that attend a particular school . 1A to 6A is the designations for a range of the number of students a school may have & compete in those designated classifications! !!!!! The only purpose that classification serves is try to put similar sized schools together in geographic areas(districts) for financial (travel) reasons & competition!  that has nothing to do with the composition of a particular team, whether its footbal,  checkers, track & field or basket weaving! !!! What does make a difference is demographics ! Is there anybody on this board that believes that a team from the Valley would have as many,    or the type of athlete that WOS has, or any of the teams in South East Tx, or Houston or Dallas??? What about a team from Montana? There are plenty of schools in the Valley that are 6A, which one would you take over WOS in a football game. A 6A school may have more to FROM, but that doesn't mean that they're choosing from

Cream of the crop athletes! Once again wos is almost never gonna have the most players on the sidelines,  when was the last time we didnt have enough ATHLETES to compete?????NEVER, ANYBODY, ANYTIME,  ANYWHERE 

I would pick all the 6a district winners in any district in Texas over WOS. Might not win all, but I think I would win most against any 4a school.

You guys that totally discount enrollment numbers are bad at math. Specifically I invite you to study the laws of probabilities. Since you probably won't, I will give you an example to which you can relate.

Indiana is an example of a state that for a long time had a state tournament in basketball that combined all classifications. I am sure most of you saw the movie Hoosiers. There is a reason that team, out of Milan, Indiana, was a Cinderella story. Because that almost NEVER happens. And that is a sport that requires only 5 (not 11) guys, and you don't separate offense and defense. Check the history of that tournament and see how many lower classification teams won.

I get that only 11 kids can be on the field at one time. And I get your argument about Plano, Buddy. But put Plano, or Katy High, or SA Judson, in 4A DII and see how they fare. C'mon guys, to ignore enrollment numbers altogether is nothing more than idiocy.